[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this minor quirk. Hopefully it's a just a line or two of code to fix!

That's probably what it is. I didn't look at the code for the new version but there's a couple of lines in the previous version that I think could cause something like this if there were but a single misplaced character.... except it would have to be in the Update() function to do that.

This is what I observe, as well. KER and MJ both show decreasing dV / increasing mass, but in actual flight, no problems (using a SDHI drogue + main clamp-o-tron chute with my own numbers for diameters).

My rockets are crushed by the chutes for me. In flight, the map screen also tells me a single chute weighs 614 tons (See my post)

Aw crap, seems I broke something guys whgen mesing with code and tweakables, sorry about that guys, checking out what the problem is, I have my idea. Working on a fix right now.

found it, a single + somewhere in there is borking calculations for all dual chutes. Checking if my fix worked and uploading.

Alright, here we go. Fixed the bugs I could, find , with an extra christmas present from sirkut!

December 18th 2013 (take two)
v0.3.2.1
*Hotfix*
-Fixed the bug where dual parachutes would take mass forever
-Fixed a bug with combo chutes having ridiculous starting weight
-Finally fixed the bug with the FASA and Bargain Rocket parachutes, they will now animate properly (big thanks to sirkut)
-All the ModuleManager files are now included with the main download, remove those you don't want.

The FASA chutes now work, so rejoice people, cheers!

So ... this is a request, not one that really needs fulfilling now, but maybe in a future update. Can you just move the mod manager files into the RealChute folder by default? Part of the reason Squad changed the way the folder structure worked, and part of the usefulness of module manager, is we can just one-step delete mods. If the point of including the GameData structure is to help newbies, this seems like something that could trip them up later on.

You want the MM files to be included in the download? Better read the changelog from the last hotfix :wink:

Alright, here we go. Fixed the bugs I could, find , with an extra christmas present from sirkut!

December 18th 2013 (take two)
v0.3.2.1
*Hotfix*
-Fixed the bug where dual parachutes would take mass forever
-Fixed a bug with combo chutes having ridiculous starting weight
-Finally fixed the bug with the FASA and Bargain Rocket parachutes, they will now animate properly (big thanks to sirkut)
-[B]All the ModuleManager files are now included with the main download, remove those you don't want[/B].

The FASA chutes now work, so rejoice people, cheers!

Edited by DasBananenbrot

So, how do I get these to play nice with MechJeb? It doesn't want to fire them at all.
MJ has to be updated to see them as chutes. it probably looks at partmodule and this uses its own, not the stock chute module

Exactly, MechJeb currently only fires up stock parachutes because it looks for the Module. Sarbian said he would integrated them to MJ, I'll give him a hand with that once he gets there :)

Might be a bug, probably just me, any time i have any of the chutes selected and drag over a part that's on some amount of symmetry, the game crashes. It's when the game automatically switches my symmetry to match what i'm hovering the mouse over. Like I start with 1x, and with a chute being held, i drag to some 4x symmetry tanks and when it goes to switch to 4x, it freezes and never unfreezes.

also I can't set any full deployment altitudes lower than 1500. they start lower than that, but when i try to drag lower than 1500 it just goes to zero.

otherwise much better than stock chutes for sure.

I have a question. Is there something in this plugin that could cause the text area at the top center of the screen in the VAB/SPH to disappear, and not allow text entry? If I click on the area it pulls down the gray window for writing a craft description, but I still can't type anything there, nor can I type a ship name. The save button works fine, but I need to have more ships available to me than just one 'Untitled Space Craft'. :)

The only reason I mention it here is that this problem started when the game updated to 0.23 AND when I installed RealChute (as well as a few other new-to-me mods) at the same time.

Anyway, is anyone else having a similar problem? I'm not saying I'm SURE that it's this mod, I'm just saying it MIGHT be, since the problem started around the same time as I started using this one.

I have quite a few other mods as well, so I'm simply starting my investigation here. :)

Later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.