[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

I think I understand now, you essentially gave every part in the entire game a base science value of 20, am I correct?

You bad, bad man. shame on you.

Anyway, confirmed fixed :D WAC now gives 35.71428 science.

Wow, ok. Should have checke those files. But time was running out and all that jazz! D:

Haha, that value is to give 25 points when an experiment is in the atmosphere of Kerbin. I have to update so many values! lol

(35.71428 * 0.7 = ~25 points)

:)

Ok yes it does now work Visari, i am a bad bad man indeed!

Ok so lets see we have a few situation masks to fix up, a few requireAtmosphere = true to change to requireAtmosphere = false, and data values with cap of 500 data storage that need 750 data for their experiments to be set down to needing only 500 data...

Anyone got anything else? Seeing as the foolish error i made is fixed by file i linked, the rest will be easy.... submit all issues you have found everyone, we can them edit and post the file links here until an official hotfix is out, i doubt there are many things to fix

BUT... how do we apply the multiplier of 0.7 to the bumper atmo experiment? shouldnt this be automatic?

anyone willing to go through last 4 or 5 pages to source all reported issues? or should i do it?

i think listing issues in a list by their probe name will be easiest, with suggested r applied fix commented ... example:

NOTE these are user made temp fixes until hotfix is released, and i could totally mess your stuff up, not intentionally, but i may not have the "cleanest" fix.. you have been given fair warning

DELETE entire folder "Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RPL_Tweak_Pack\Tweaks\Squad\Science" it contains unneeded duplicate files that are not as complete as the "_ALL" versions

replace existing RPL_Tweaks_ScienceDefs_All.cfg file with https://www.dropbox.com/s/nso552en9fgadot/RPL_Tweaks_ScienceDefs_All.cfg

Bumper issues: #1 atmo experiment not receiving 0.7 multiplier, #2 near space radiation experiment requires 750 data resource but probe maxes out at 500 data storage, #3 radiation experiment has requireAtmosphere = True set

fixes: #1 how to apply 0.7 multiplier?? #2 set required data resource to 500 for radiation experiment, #3 radiation experiment needs value set to requireAtmosphere = False

Vangaurd issues: #1 Vangaurd experiment1 is set to TargetSituation = FlyingHigh in vanguard part.cfg, #2 in RPL_ScienceDefs.cfg is set to requireAtmosphere = True for HEO experiments.

Fixes: #1 change Vangaurd experiment1 is set to TargetSituation = InSpaceLow in vanguard part.cfg, #2 set HEO experiments to requireAtmosphere = False in RPL_ScienceDefs.cfg

Explorer:#1 conflict with FASA realism cfg's by RedAV8R, #2 both experiments have "requireAtmosphere = True" set in RPL_ScienceDefs.cfg

fixes: #1 open RPL_Explorer_Probe.cfg and edit text so it reads: as below, #2 set both experiments to read > requireAtmosphere = False in RPL_ScienceDefs.cfg

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

@PART[FASAExplorerProbe]
{

!MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]
{
}

MODULE
{
name = CustomExperiment
experimentID = Explorer1

experimentActionName = Radiation Readings
resetActionName = Reset Readings

TargetBody = Kerbin
TargetSituation = InSpaceLow
ExperimentResource = Data
ExperimentCost = 100

useStaging = False
useActionGroups = True
hideUIwhenUnavailable = False

xmitDataScalar = 1.0

FxModules = 0

AlwaysActive = True

dataIsCollectable = True
collectActionName = Collect Data
interactionRange = 1.2
rerunnable = True
}
MODULE
{
name = CustomExperiment
experimentID = Explorer1-2

experimentActionName = Radiation Readings
resetActionName = Reset Readings

TargetBody = Kerbin
TargetSituation = InSpaceLow
ExperimentResource = Data
ExperimentCost = 100

useStaging = False
useActionGroups = True

xmitDataScalar = 1.0

FxModules = 0

AlwaysActive = True

dataIsCollectable = True
collectActionName = Collect Data
interactionRange = 1.2
rerunnable = True
}

MODULE
{
name = DataGeneratorModule

useStaging = False
useActionGroups = True

IsEnabled = False

InputResource = ElectricCharge
OutputResource = Data

OutputRatio = 0.1
InputRatio = 0.005

MaxDataAmount = 500

TargetBody = Kerbin
TargetSituation1 = FlyingHigh
TargetSituation2 = InSpaceLow
}

}

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Various RT2 issues not inlinw with RT2_RO fixes by brooklyn666

** ModuleRTAntennaPassive settings should be "safe" for all but FASA explorer (causes conflict with 50km range applied by RedAV8R's realism patch solution>> edit RedAV8R's realism file "RSS_FASA_Explorer.cfg" so its "ModuleRTAntennaPassive" line reads:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
OmniRange = 2500000
// Max apogee 2500km

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 0.027
}
}

Here is the RT2_RO.cfg by brooklyn666

http://www./download/wd5wksx3fwdnm1y/RT2_RO.cfg

@ Nathan & Medieval Nerd: can you confirm my fixes are safe? mostly worried about suggesting edit to RedAV8R's "RSS_FASA_Explorer.cfg" file

Edited by Guest

So, with MS19 released and semi-fixed, I guess I can get to playing it and meanwhile get back into writing some MCE missions for it.

Although I understand MS19 isn't fully complete yet, and more importantly, some realism mods are still missing due to incompatibility and squad patches breaking them (kOS and RT2 mainly), I can keep them in mind when designing the missions.

My goal is to simulate many of the major world firsts, using MS19 experiments where possible.

This list may not be accurate or complete, so if anyone has suggestions for it, go ahead.

#

#

# phase 1: '40s

# rocket planes (X-1)

# rocket control (Viking)

# suborbital (V-2)

#

# phase 2: '50s

# orbit (sputnik)

# lunar flyby (luna 1)

# lunar impact (luna 2)

# circumlunar (luna 3)

#

# phase 3: '60s

# manned orbit (vostok 1)

# venus flyby (mariner 5)

# mars flyby (mariner 4)

# lunar landing (luna 9)

# lunar orbit (luna 10)

# docking (gemini 8)

# venus atmospheric probe (venera 4)

# manned lunar orbit (apollo 8)

# manned lunar return lander (apollo 11)

#

# phase 4: '70s

# unmanned lunar return lander (luna 16)

# unmanned lunar rover (lunokhod 1)

# space station (salyut 1, 24 days)

# venus surface-landed probe (venera 7)

# mars orbit (mariner 9)

# mars lander (mars 3)

# jupiter flyby (pioneer 10)

# gravity assist (mariner 10)

# (triple) mercury flyby (mariner 10)

# venus orbit (venera 9)

# venus lander (venera 9)

# phobos flyby (viking orbiter 1)

# deimos flyby (viking orbiter 2)

# saturn flyby (pioneer 11)

#

# phase 5: '80s+

# space shuttle

# ES L1 orbit (ISEE-3/ICE)

# first EVA jetpack (STS-41-B)

# uranus flyby (voyager 2)

# phobos orbit (phobos 2)

# jupiter impact (galileo)

# jupiter moon flybies (galileo)

# mars rover (pathfinder)

# interstellar medium (voyager 1)

Here are my notes:

*The changes to Explorer will collide with RedAV8R's FASA realism patches. I suggest you change only the science stuff and require the realism patch.

*Looks like you're still modifying RT2 stuff which will collide with brooklyn666's changes

*Speaking of, as mentoned upthread, need to include an updated RT2 settings file.

*You have duplicated stuff in Squad/Science and RT (sciencedefs_all) (NOTE: This might be why some fixes upthread are failing--there are two copies of the file, so changing one is not enough. Just delete one and change the other).

*There is a *folder* called Explorer1_RPL.cfg - intended?

*Stretchy cylinder and conics should be in the starting node(s), along with all fairings.

Here is an updated tree.cfg that moves all procedural fairings to a starting node. NOTE: *After* you start your RPL game and select the tree, exit KSP and replace the tree.cfg in your new savegame folder with this.

Here is a MM patch (stick it in RPL tweaks) that moves all stretchies and pwings to the starting node.

In both cases you will have to go back to the starting nodes and "buy" all the newly-added parts.

EDIT: Visari, re: firsts. From memory, so YMMV

*First in high "hang time" orbit (Molniya, early 60s?)

*First in geostationary orbit (65? Syncom)

*First to recover something from space (59? - Corona/Discoverer)

*First in polar orbit (59? - Corona/Discoverer)

*First hypersonic (X-15)

*First suborbital (Vostok skipped it; had Shepard flew a few weeks earlier, US would have claimed first man in space. Also X-15 flights)

If you want more satellite firsts, you can trawl through Gunter's Space Page (here's a link to 1958, other years at bottom) that lists all launches every year. Click on the payload and it'll tell you what it did.

Edited by NathanKell

Ok, I moved KSC in RealSolarSystem.cfg to French Guiana and I moved the RT2 command to the same place. If any other Euros feel like doing the same, change your RealSolarSystem.cfg, line 280. Comment out florida and add

// Guiana

latitude = 5.2371

longitude = -52.7606

repositionToSphereSurface = true

reorientFinalAngle = -98

repositionRadiusOffset = 3

Then edit RemoteTech_Settings.cfg

Latitude = 5.237222

Longitude = -52.760556

Ok, I moved KSC in RealSolarSystem.cfg to French Guiana and I moved the RT2 command to the same place. If any other Euros feel like doing the same, change your RealSolarSystem.cfg, line 280. Comment out florida and add

// Guiana

latitude = 5.2371

longitude = -52.7606

reorientFinalAngle = -98

Latitude = 5.237222

Longitude = -52.760556

Good stuff, much better than stinky old Florida.

I'll start working on a hotfix!

Can't wait!

// Guiana

latitude = 5.2371

longitude = -52.7606

reorientFinalAngle = -98

Latitude = 5.237222

Longitude = -52.760556

Guiana Space Centre is the best option imho, that or the one in southern India, i always forget its name (i'm Canadian and i still use Guiana Space Centre.. then i apologize...cause i'm Canadian)

(1)*First to recover something from space (59? - Corona/Discoverer)

(2)*First suborbital (Vostok skipped it; had Shepard flew a few weeks earlier, US would have claimed first man in space. Also X-15 flights)

@(1): that would be first to recover something from orbit, right? or were the corona/discoverer suborbital?

Wouldn't the '46 US V2 rocket be the first object from space to have photograps recovered from, or other v2 rocket parts that survived explosion and impact on britain?

@(2): first manned suborbital flight? wasn't that 2 years after vostok 1?

Visari: 1. Sorry, quite right, first to reenter safely from orbit. August 10 1960 (Discoverer 13) was the first successful reentry and recovery.

2. Nope. 12 April 1961 was Vostok 1; 5 May 1961 was Mercury Redstone 3 / Freedom 7. MR-3 was pushed back a month to fly another booster development flight for Redstone.

Could someone help me through the realism cfg's needed for this? There kind of all over the place and a bit confusing.

1. Realism Overhaul

2. Real Fuels, droped RftSEngines.cfg into the RealFuels folder

3. RedAVR and other's realism patches for Realism Overhaul. This has a bunch of FASA Cfg's, I also put RSS_Resources.cfg inside, and brooklyn666's RT cfg file as well. Then, I have two plugins, EngineThrustController.dll and km_Gimbal_2.0.dll. Is there anything I'm missing? The first post of RedAVR's realism patches say that they don't work for the RftsEngines.cfg, which this tree needs, so what do I do then?

I'm usually very good with mods and prefer to install them on my own rather than part of large packs, but in this case all the various cfg places, some contradictory, from various places, is a bit of a mess to figure out.

thanks for all the good work

// Guiana

latitude = 5.2371

longitude = -52.7606

reorientFinalAngle = -98

Latitude = 5.237222

Longitude = -52.760556

What would i need to alter so the 90 vector (100% right, d key, or east) is due east and north is due north (100% "up"). this would help me avoid having to rotate my craft so the east direction is pure to the right (only need to use "d" key to lean it over)??

Could someone help me through the realism cfg's needed for this? There kind of all over the place and a bit confusing.

1. Realism Overhaul

3. RedAVR and other's realism patches for Realism Overhaul. This has a bunch of FASA Cfg's, I also put RSS_Resources.cfg inside, and brooklyn666's RT cfg file as well. Then, I have two plugins, EngineThrustController.dll and km_Gimbal_2.0.dll. Is there anything I'm missing? The first post of RedAVR's realism patches say that they don't work for the RftsEngines.cfg, which this tree needs, so what do I do then?

I'm usually very good with mods and prefer to install them on my own rather than part of large packs, but in this case all the various cfg places, some contradictory, from various places, is a bit of a mess to figure out.

Mother of Kerbals, I totally messed this up hardcore.

I have to sync up with Nathan about RO, I think I missed a few important chunks of changes and inclusions, and I'm sort of overwriting them with my configs. D:

Sorry everyone! Shouldn't be too long to fix this madness. Apologies!

What would i need to alter so the 90 vector (100% right, d key, or east) is due east and north is due north (100% "up"). this would help me avoid having to rotate my craft so the east direction is pure to the right (only need to use "d" key to lean it over)??

I'm still fiddling with this location too so I can get the runway flush to the ground. Post if you get it right before me. To turn it round use reorientFinalAngle.

1. Realism Overhaul

Yikes... ok

#1 follow the RO instructions (the RFTS engines need the KMgimble2.0 dll from "space shuttle engines" leave it in GameData\Klockheed_Martian\Plugins folder (delete the rest Klockheed_Martian files) of AND latest ExsurgentEngineering plugin found: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57833 in post #4. install all the RO stuff:

Requires:

Real Solar System (else why use this?) use RSS config that uses all stock + PlanetFactory planets by metaphor and sovereign, you will need planet factory installed get its special

Cloud Layers (download both and place in BoulderCo/Clouds): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55145-0-23-5-Real-Solar-System-v6-4-7-14?p=1090389&viewfull=1#post1090389

OK... officially only standard RSS is supported, it shouldnt cause any issues at this point.. but it could down the road, if you use metaphor and sovereign RSS version you risk issues

Real Fuels v5.1+

Stretchy SRB v9+ OR Procedural Parts (or you won't have the right size tanks) Procedural Parts is still WIP so install both but i think stretchy's are better to build with

Deadly Reentry v4.6+ (for the heatshields)

Ferram Aerospace Research (made by the amazing ferram4)

RealChutes (by stupid_chris)

Engine Ignitor (by HoneyFox) << optional, personally i dont use it

#2 install all the RPL stuff (all of it, use TAC not ECLSS)

make sure to apply ALL RO fixes for the mods you have installed from post #2 on that thread)

*Realistic Progression LITE Tech Tree by Medieval Nerd. Tech tree designed for the realism mods.

*Environmental Visual Enhancements by rbray89.

*Frizzank's FASA pack, with RedAV8R's patches (see below).

*BobCat's Soviet Engines pack from the Historicals thread.

*asmi's ECLSS Life Support Mod. Here is my RealFuels config for it. (but i find ECLSS not that great, TAC is much better) BETTER jrandoms TAC RO fixes (i prefer TAC as it has food/water HERE https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qy6i9wdi5zaep9/Additional_Configs.zip)

*RedAV8R's Realism Patches for FASA

*brooklyn666's config for RemoteTech2

*Advanced Jet Engine by camlost: does for jet engines what FAR does for aerodynamics.

#3 let me know if that gets you working... check my post a page or so back for temp fixes to MS19 until an official hotfix is out

Edited by Guest

Yikes... ok

#1 follow the RO instructions (the RFTS engines need the KMgimble2.0 dll from "space shuttle engines" leave it in GameData\Klockheed_Martian\Plugins folder (delete the rest Klockheed_Martian files) of AND latest ExsurgentEngineering plugin found: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57833 in post #4. install all the RO stuff:

Requires:

Real Solar System (else why use this?) use RSS config that uses all stock + PlanetFactory planets by metaphor and sovereign, you will need planet factory installed

Real Fuels v5.1+

Stretchy SRB v9+ OR Procedural Parts (or you won't have the right size tanks) Procedural Parts is still WIP so install both but i think stretchy's are better to build with

Deadly Reentry v4.6+ (for the heatshields)

Ferram Aerospace Research (made by the amazing ferram4)

RealChutes (by stupid_chris)

Engine Ignitor (by HoneyFox) << optional, personally i dont use it

#2 install all the RPL stuff (all of it, use TAC not ECLSS)

make sure to apply ALL RO fixes for the mods you have installed from post #2 on that thread)

*Realistic Progression LITE Tech Tree by Medieval Nerd. Tech tree designed for the realism mods.

*Environmental Visual Enhancements by rbray89.

*Frizzank's FASA pack, with RedAV8R's patches (see below).

*BobCat's Soviet Engines pack from the Historicals thread.

*asmi's ECLSS Life Support Mod. Here is my RealFuels config for it. (but i find ECLSS not that great, TAC is much better) BETTER jrandoms TAC RO fixes (i prefer TAC as it has food/water HERE https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qy6i9wdi5zaep9/Additional_Configs.zip)

*RedAV8R's Realism Patches for FASA

*brooklyn666's config for RemoteTech2

*Advanced Jet Engine by camlost: does for jet engines what FAR does for aerodynamics.

#3 let me know if that gets you working... check my post a page or so back for temp fixes to MS19 until an official hotfix is out

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Just to be clear, which engine cfg do I use for real fuels? RPL says to use Rfts, but REDAV8R's realism patches say that they don't work with this engine cfg. All of the other stuff seems fairly self-explanatory.

Real Solar System (else why use this?) use RSS config that uses all stock + PlanetFactory planets by metaphor and sovereign, you will need planet factory installed get its special

Why PlanetFactory? We don't need that for RSS, unless you guys are running some other mod that works with it? /confused!

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Just to be clear, which engine cfg do I use for real fuels? RPL says to use Rfts, but REDAV8R's realism patches say that they don't work with this engine cfg. All of the other stuff seems fairly self-explanatory.

RFTS, i have RFTS engines and REDAV8R's realism patches in, i have not had issues with this, although there are some ECLSS resources hiding inside FASA that would need to be removed...but in all honestly they are a minor concern, just avoid FASA manned components that list any ECLSS resources (you will see them via right clicking in VAB or in resource panel while on the launch pad) and use the MK1 pod.

The community really needs to force out one life support mod, i see merit in both, but TAC is more complete, user friendly and its author updates it more often. There is simply no need for multiple life support mods or multiple apollo/mercury analog mods to exist.. it only makes things more complicated. sooner or later RO will pick only one, like they have for apollo/mercury analog mods with FASA.

Once a master list of RO is created "work in progress/completed" is put out, everyone can fight over the benefits of "this mod over that mod" i throw my weight (of feathers) behind:

TAC - life support

FASA - apollo/mercury/gemini analogs

Bobcat soviet engines/soviet historical pack - USSR space program analogs

FusTek - ISS like space station parts (needs abit of tweaking still)

But this is a topic for another thread really lol, so much is WIP still (RSS completion , RO "officially recognized mods" completion, ect)

Why PlanetFactory? We don't need that for RSS, unless you guys are running some other mod that works with it? /confused!

Why PlanetFactory?? >> so we can have nearly all the bodies in the solar system from metaphor and sovereign RSS setup, it also is abit further along making planets "look" like they should (no offense to standard RSS) see list below, mostly cause i want to go to Vesta lol, sorry if this suggestion isnt one you approve of (if so please tell me, i will not suggest it further, but i find it really adds to RPL and RSS, if you havent seen it, its worth the DL and install just to jump into the tracking center and see HOW GOOD IT LOOKS, ITS NEARLY TEAR JERKING)

Body list:

Mercury (Moho)

Venus (Eve)

Earth (Kerbin)

Moon (Mun)

Mars (Duna)

Phobos (Bop)

Deimos (Gilly)

4 Vesta (Inaccessable)

Ceres (Minmus)

Jupiter (Jool)

Io (Pol)

Europe (Eeloo)

Ganymede (Tylo)

Callisto (Ike)

Saturn (Sentar)

Enceladus (Vall)

Titan (Erin)

Iapetus (Ringle)

Uranus (Skelton)

Miranda (Ablate)

Titania (Thud)

Neptune (Laythe)

Triton (Ascension)

Pluto (Dres)

Charon (Pock)

Eris (Joker)

Sedna (Serious)

holy crap...i'm really filling up this page on thread... i'm such a chatter box...

Why PlanetFactory?? >> so we can have nearly all the bodies in the solar system from metaphor and sovereign RSS setup, it also is abit further along making planets "look" like they should (no offense to standard RSS) see list below, mostly cause i want to go to Vesta lol, sorry if this suggestion isnt one you approve of (if so please tell me, i will not suggest it further, but i find it really adds to RPL and RSS, if you havent seen it, its worth the DL and install just to jump into the tracking center and see HOW GOOD IT LOOKS, ITS NEARLY TEAR JERKING)

Body list:

Mercury (Moho)

Venus (Eve)

Earth (Kerbin)

Moon (Mun)

Mars (Duna)

Phobos (Bop)

Deimos (Gilly)

4 Vesta (Inaccessable)

Ceres (Minmus)

Jupiter (Jool)

Io (Pol)

Europe (Eeloo)

Ganymede (Tylo)

Callisto (Ike)

Saturn (Sentar)

Enceladus (Vall)

Titan (Erin)

Iapetus (Ringle)

Uranus (Skelton)

Miranda (Ablate)

Titania (Thud)

Neptune (Laythe)

Triton (Ascension)

Pluto (Dres)

Charon (Pock)

Eris (Joker)

Sedna (Serious)

holy crap...i'm really filling up this page on thread... i'm such a chatter box...

I'm sticking to 'regular' RSS. So I'm not officially supporting any quirks that may result in using this alternate planet setup. (Not sure if they use different names, may result in funky experiment outcomes.)

I'm sticking to 'regular' RSS. So I'm not officially supporting any quirks that may result in using this alternate planet setup. (Not sure if they use different names, may result in funky experiment outcomes.)

I understand, maybe i should stop using that RSS version then. I think all the planets/moons are the same as far out as Jupiter, but once you hit Saturn & its moons they have slight differences so it would only effect custom experiments at that point or further. Although i think only Cassini/Pioneer 11/Voyager 1&2/Huygens and New Horizons have been that far in real life.

Ok i will take that off my suggestions now. i dont think it would cause any issues to use it currently, but it could cause issues in the future

Edited by Guest

I understand, maybe i should stop using that RSS version then. I think all the planets/moons are the same as far out as Jupiter, but once you hit Saturn & its moons they have slight differences so it would only effect custom experiments at that point or further. Although i think only Cassini/Voyager has been that far in real life.

Ok i will take that off my suggestions now.

It will still work up until we have experiments that go beyond Jupiter that's when experiments would be incompatible. :)

- - - Updated - - -

General note: may want to fiddle with PROCFAIRINGS_MINRAD in Keramzit\ProceduralFairings\common.cfg considering the small payloads we start with as opposed to stock tech trees.

Oh yes, I have to fix tech levels & radius for stretchy. But for Procedural fairings, don't you have the custom one? (You can resize at will)

Nathan did warn me that I missed a few procedural stuff

General note: may want to fiddle with PROCFAIRINGS_MINRAD in Keramzit\ProceduralFairings\common.cfg considering the small payloads we start with as opposed to stock tech trees.

Yep, the fairings get prohibitively heavy pretty fast. I also installed procedural wings so I can make some teeny tiny control surfaces for the first rockets. Progress on Guiana but I'm having some hassle finding the best Z height. reorientFinalAngle = -37 gets you the proper N to East launch position though.

Edited by Ratzap

Aazard: I would not suggest using the pfactory config. I would suggest *just* downloading RSS v6. That said, you shouldn't have any problems using the full pfactory setup (other than, y'know, it taking lots of RAM) since no custom experiments are written yet for anything beyond Mars. Again--if it works for you, it causes NO PROBLEMS to keep using it; but due to RAM requirements (and MedievalNerd's sanity) I would prefer to not have it required yet.

I would definitely recommend Engine Ignitor, else you will find things far too easy, and remove one of the key advantages of solids (no ullage required).

Note that most of ht elist is pulled from the second post in the RO thread, but instead of copy-pasting I would suggest choosing "reply to" and copying it with the links; your version in your post doesn't have links.

andqui: use RftSEngines. It does work with RedAV8R's patches. He needs to update the OP.

EDIT: ninja. RO should make appropriate adjustments to fairing base and side masses. And yes, the max and min widths should definitely be unlocked.

Yep, the fairings get prohibitively heavy pretty fast. I also installed procedural wings so I can make some teeny tiny control surfaces for the first rockets. Progress on Guiana but I'm having some hassle finding the best Z height. reorientFinalAngle = -37 gets you the proper N to East launch position though.

Do you know the partnames of the control surfaces? I'll move them in the first node. (I'm totally ignorant of plane parts. D: )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.