[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

Have a small issue with b9 intakes, the inner/darkened section is now white/washed-out. Can I blacklist certain textures as a workaround?

N/m found it 24 pages back. Not sure if this is located somewhere else but it would have been nice if this was was easier to find.

Edited by egreSS

hopely some more .tcfg come out for more mods. or anyone know how to set up the .tcg to work with other mods? what would be the entry to use then.

so making a .tcg of this is good for most?

config_enabled = true

OVERRIDES

{

ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/.*

{

compress = true

mipmaps = true

scale = 1

max_size = 0

make_not_readable = false

}

}

or should just put the first line of config_enable = true?

Edited by sidfu

I have a pretty simple question which I'm sure will cause some of you to fume from the ears so I apologize in advance. I'm running ksp on mac (osx) and was wondering how do I get this to work? please help. I would look through the thread but there's 111 pgs to go through. thanks in advance.

I have a pretty simple question which I'm sure will cause some of you to fume from the ears.... I'm running ksp on mac (osx) and was wondering how do I get this to work? please help.

I'm furious about this question!! Fuming!!! Ok, so not really. ;)

Is there any particular problem you're having with this mod? I've had no issues using it (also playing on OS-X most of the time here, too), and did nothing more than merge the BoulderCo folder into the GameData folder of KSP. It does take quite a while to load the first time, but that's to be expected. Saves about 1GB over what KSP normally runs at for my normal mod set.

Anyone got a good config for the KSO Shuttle my cockpit is very fuzzy and I am guessing its the compression of images thats doing it

It's on the previous page...

config_enabled = true
NORMAL_LIST
{
texture = KSO/Parts/internalkso/kerbin_lifter_norm_NRM
texture = KSO/Parts/internalkso/kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod_norm_NRM
texture = KSO/Parts/internalkso/kerbin_orbiter_engines_norm_NRM
texture = KSO/Parts/internalkso/kerbin_orbiter_norm_NRM
texture = KSO/Parts/internalkso/kerbin_space_station_norm_NRM
texture = KSO/RPM/MFD_norm_NRM
texture = KSO/Spaces/internalkso/analog_gauges_norm_NRM
texture = KSO/Spaces/internalkso/cockpit_interior_lower_norm_NRM
texture = KSO/Spaces/internalkso/cockpit_interior_norm_NRM
texture = KSO/Spaces/internalkso/RCS_panel_norm_NRM
}
OVERRIDES
{
KSO/Spaces/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = true
scale = 2
max_size = 0
}
KSO/Parts/kerbin_orbiter
{
compress = true
mipmaps = true
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
KSO/RPM/[^/]*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = true
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
}

Edited by Proot

I'm furious about this question!! Fuming!!! Ok, so not really. ;)

Is there any particular problem you're having with this mod? I've had no issues using it (also playing on OS-X most of the time here, too), and did nothing more than merge the BoulderCo folder into the GameData folder of KSP. It does take quite a while to load the first time, but that's to be expected. Saves about 1GB over what KSP normally runs at for my normal mod set.

thank you! :) I just had no clue what to do with the files is all and was thinking the instructions would be different for osx. works great!

Hey, i tried using the thread search, but nothing came up (well, that i understood at least) does anyone else have an issue (and know how to fix) where the ability to name and describe your ship in the vab disappears when using this mod?

Got a problem with Mk. 2-3 pod (that 3 man cockpit)... with Rasterprop mod.

Most part of the cockpit blacked out and I cannot see through the window either.

I fixed the problem editing 'Squad.tcfg'.

config_enabled = true
NORMAL_LIST
{
texture = Squad/Spaces/mk1CockpitInternal/model002
texture = Squad/Spaces/mk1CockpitInternal/model004
texture = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSTank1-2/model001
texture = Squad/Parts/Aero/winglet2/model001

texture = Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model000
texture = Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model001
texture = Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model003
texture = Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model004
texture = Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model005
texture = Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model006
texture = Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model007

texture = Squad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model000
texture = Squad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model005
}

would be nice if someoen write up a explanaiton of what to do for the .tcfg. i learned the hard way to not add tac to it cause it stop working right lol.

just something simple like tell it to do just this folder and to not do this folder and such. ive already skimmed half this thread and nothing concrete yet.

what do u normaly skip to keep from getting the textures that are 2 tone and dont reflect?

Edited by sidfu

Ah ok then, damn my impatience! :D Out of curiosity, do I rename the visual enhancements folder 'Boulderco 2' (so it doesn't overwrite the other), or just place the visual enhancement files into the existing Boulderco folder from this compression mod.

Thanks for your help!

Ah ok then, damn my impatience! :D Out of curiosity, do I rename the visual enhancements folder 'Boulderco 2' (so it doesn't overwrite the other), or just place the visual enhancement files into the existing Boulderco folder from this compression mod.

Thanks for your help!

Merge them. Don't rename.

Rbray if you don't already know when there's a vessels below me in orbit and when I zoom away from the active vessel it goes "under the clouds" and fades away. Also so does my trajectory in map view if it passes below the cloud layer ( during a retroburn for instance ).

Rbray if you don't already know when there's a vessels below me in orbit and when I zoom away from the active vessel it goes "under the clouds" and fades away. Also so does my trajectory in map view if it passes below the cloud layer ( during a retroburn for instance ).

This is fixed in the dev version slated for the next big release. :)