[0.23.5] Realism Overhaul: ROv5.2 + Modlist for RSS 6/30/14

NathanKell

Unlife98: Not heard of those. Can you post an output log? Sounds like something is erroring out, surely.

Alttabmatt: Thanks!

That's the right file but only a small chunk of it--can you zip and post the whole thing? All I see is an NRE in mapView, which is obviously the proximate cause but not the ultimate cause.

Also: gotta love the avatar. Brings back so many awesome memories (my first big Lego was the Cosmic Fleet Voyager!)

jandcando: Modlist and output_log.txt please? Something's clearly breaking the editor. (Also, make sure you've updated all your mods, and note if any aren't .23 compatible--people got this issue all the time from non-23-compatible mods).

This looks like a great mod so I installed all the recommended mods and I'm ready to go. Only problem is, where do I get fuel for liquid fuel tanks?

Is this something to do with the tech tree (RPL)?

I'm sure this is totally obvious for most of you but if someone could help me out I'd be very grateful. Just a link to the correct thread would be fine. As it is, I'm not sure if this is a result of RPL or real fuels or RO.....

Do these resources, perhaps, appear at a later tech level or something? Maybe I'm restricted to solid fuel at Tech 0......

I tried mousing over the stretchy tank and pressing g in order to change fuel but nothing happened. Texture changing and stretching works fine.......

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Looks like I need to sort out fuels in the Action Group Editor and not directly in the VAB. Apologies.

Edited by TimeforAction

This looks like a great mod so I installed all the recommended mods and I'm ready to go. Only problem is, where do I get fuel for liquid fuel tanks?

Is this something to do with the tech tree (RPL)?

I'm sure this is totally obvious for most of you but if someone could help me out I'd be very grateful. Just a link to the correct thread would be fine. As it is, I'm not sure if this is a result of RPL or real fuels or RO.....

Do these resources, perhaps, appear at a later tech level or something? Maybe I'm restricted to solid fuel at Tech 0......

I tried mousing over the stretchy tank and pressing g in order to change fuel but nothing happened. Texture changing and stretching works fine.......

Thanks in advance

Click on the action group manager tab then click on the tank in question, you can fill it from there. Bonus, when you attach an engine and then fill the tank from the action group manager menu there should be a button at the very bottom (scroll down) that says something like "Configure for ___ engine 35% Fuel 65% Oxidizer"

I have a nagging issue. I've just finished installing everything, and it seems like despite the fact that stretchy tanks and real chutes are unlocked in the science building. I can't actually use them in the VAB. Is that normal? Again they're visible and unlocked in the research centre :/

Edited by Victuz

Victuz, what do you mean by "I can't actually use them"?

Also, if you start a new sandbox game, can you "use them"?

Teobug: as explained in the OP, etc., engines have been rescaled to realistic sizes. One of the required mods mentioned by the OP is Stretchy, so you can have tanks of whatever diameter you like.

Victuz, what do you mean by "I can't actually use them"?

Also, if you start a new sandbox game, can you "use them"?

I can't seem to be able to use (as in they're not available in the VAB) the 1m conic realchutes that are available from the start and the stretchable fuel tanks from the "starting technologies" tree (KI-500 to KI-3000) I only have the access to the conic tanks (unless that's what they're called somehow)

Aditionally despite (to my knowledge) not installing different configs for engines I have issues with the way some of them set up their points, looked at the faq but I still don't really know what to do with it example 1 = http://i.imgur.com/a7Pjwqg.jpg example 2 http://i.imgur.com/EzVtFMz.jpg

Victuz: Do they appear when you start a sandbox game?

Also, for RealChutes, do *any* chutes show up?

Regarding engines, it does look like an issue of multiple or too few configs. Make sure you have one, and only one, Module Manager dll anywhere in/under GameData, and tell me if you have any of the following in/under GameData:

real_engines_rescale.cfg

RftSEngines.cfg

StockEngines.cfg

Sorry, i know it's a N00b question, i've started playing yesterday, but: How do i "set my engines to Tech Level 1"?

EDIT: Another thing: Where are my decoupler shrouds? ;-;

Edited by O Nerd

1. You can change engine TLs the same way you change engine propellant mixtures: go to action group edit mode in the VAB/SPH and click on the engine. A GUI will appear.

2. Use the procedural interstage parts (proc interstage, proc interstage 2-sided, and proc interstage shroud).

Hi.

First time poster, long time lurker.

Just wondering if you could give me any tips on how to scale up a custom fairing base to make it 10m diameter(editing .cfg or otherwise)?

My Ares V and SLS look a bit awkward with tapered conics matching up to an 8m base.

Thanks!

Hi.

Just wondering if you could give me any tips on how to scale up a custom fairing base to make it 10m diameter(editing .cfg or otherwise)?

My Ares V and SLS look a bit awkward with tapered conics matching up to an 8m base.

Thanks!

If you look into the cfg files you should be able to see two things changing, the 'rescaleFactor' and certain numbers in the NODE lines. If you look at how these change from say the 4 to the 6 to the 8 meter variants, you should be able to extrapolate how you would change them for a 10m variant.

Then all you need to do is copy one of the smaller ones, change it to the stats of a 10m one, and then change all the names to 10m rather than whatever you copied it from, save it to the same location, and it should work.

Or you could just use the procedural interstage with a nosecone on top.

Hi.

Thanks!

I have a cfg already made up ready for download if you'd like. If you click on the link in my sig and go into the FalconBFR_RaptorEngine folder, download the cfg in there. There's a bunch of other parts in the cfg but you can delete those if you want, the relevant 10m fairing base part should be at the bottom.

Edited by Scripto23

I have a cfg already made up ready for download if you'd like. If you click on the link in my sig and go into the FalconBFR_RaptorEngine folder, download the cfg in there. There's a bunch of other parts in the cfg but you can delete those if you want, the relevant 10m fairing base part should be at the bottom.

Thanks alot!

I've previously used your cfgs for the LazTek spaceX pack modifications, good job! This one is exactly what i was looking for!

@otherbarry

Well, I gave it a go. I had a hard time getting my head around extrapolating the node positions and gave up after an hour or so, but as above, ive gone and used scripto23's hard work!

Me again, sorry I didn't respond to earlier questions, I was busy and the game started crashing all the time so I just reinstalled everything, it seems to work better although the game takes 7 minutes to start (hopefully it won't crash >_>), one issue I've noticed already in career mode is that my stayputniks (1 and 2), LV-T45, RT-5 Solid Booster, Rockomax 56-8U and some other parts don't have textures (they're just white models). I know that means I messed something up while installing, however I don't know what mod they're directly related to :/. Can anyone tell me that?

I have installed a squad texture repack (reduces the resolution of the textures), maybe the debloater messed up. Will have to check it out.

EDIT: Verified integrity with steam, and reinstalled stuff. It works now.

Edited by Victuz