[0.23.5] Realism Overhaul: ROv5.2 + Modlist for RSS 6/30/14

NathanKell

Nathan, I've been messing with the files to make them work with realistic tech progression because you don't get any stretchy tanks from the start now. But i've run into a problem with the superstretchTank_MFT_..... tanks, if i change the TechRequired to TechTreeStart instead of basic rocketry all superstretchTanks are available except the MFT tanks.

EDIT: When I change the names of the MFT tanks and also change them in the Stretchy.cfg the tanks all work!

Just one small problem, when you revert to launch it glitches when using the MFT tanks :/

Edited by Pireax

Pireax: is your stretchy the root part? That's a known issue. Glitch how? Pics?

Duxwing: You need Real Fuels, first of all. I highly suggest using the mod bundler, it'll do it all (grab all the mods) for you.

O Nerd: Are you using RF v5 and Stretchy v9? Version mismatch would do it. Future reference: that's not output_log.txt. (KSP Folder)/KSP_Data/output_log.txt is the one I need.

Here are the files if anyone needs them: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3218566/RPL_MS18%20Fix.zip

They make Stretchy SRB v9 and Real Fuels v5 work with Realistic Progression Lite MS18.

You've got quite a few changes in that zip. I can spot the changes you made to the techtree for a few parts and the tech.cfg file -- can you detail what your other changes are before I decide to integrate this?

I changed all superstretchies from Real Fuels tot be available from the start,

removed the Stretchy SRB's superstretchies from the VAB as they are the same as two of the Real Fuels tanks.

I also changed the max width scaling in tech.cfg to be more in line with the removed stretchy tanks(KI-500, KI-625, etc).

Edit: You do really need RPL or else this doesnt work at all.

Edited by Pireax

I changed all superstretchies from real fuels tot be available from the start and removed the stretchy srb superstretchies from the vab as they are the same as 2 of the real fuels tanks. I also changed the max width scaling in tech.cfg to be more in line with the removed stretchy tanks.

Edit: you do need rpl or else this doesnt work at all

10-4. Thanks for your work!

First of all i wan't to thank all who have contributed to this truly awesome overhaul/pack/bundle-thing! :)

I have only had one problem/bug so far, and haven't been able to find anyone else with the same problem. Some of the resized stock parts (haven't tested them all, but might do when i have some spare time) have a tendency to revert back to their "original" size after the craft have been unloaded and loaded again (e.g. after switching back and forth between crafts). As far as i have been able to tell, the size is the only thing that is affected. Thrust, mass, node placement etc. stays unaffected.

I'm thinking it's a problem with ModuleManager or something like that. Any help as to why this happens would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Schelde

I'm loving this but I've recently been having frequent crashes after events like quickloads, recovering vessels, going into VAB etc., but not every time. Not sure if this is the right place to post, but if anyone thinks they can help my crash log is here, here, and here and im using: FAR, RO (RftS), RSS (v5.5), RPL, AJE, DRE, RF, Stretchies, Real Chutes, Engine Ign., FASA, KW, B9, Proc. Fairings, NovaPunch, Asmis' ECLSS with RF patch, Remote Tech 2 with brooklyn's config, RPM, atmospheric sounds, AIES, Kethene, Lazor, Mechjeb, KER, KAS, Intersteller, Universe Rep., Texture Rep., Visual Enhancments, Texture Compr., RLA stockalike, Dtobi's shuttle engines, editor extensions, RCS build aid, fusebox & a few other small things. My crash dump file is empty, no idea if that's how its meant to be.

Edited by Blipser
Added more detail

O Nerd: Are you using RF v5 and Stretchy v9? Version mismatch would do it. Future reference: that's not output_log.txt. (KSP Folder)/KSP_Data/output_log.txt is the one I need.

Actually, with RF v5 and SSRBs v8, the stretchyness did not happen. With RF v5 and SRBs v9, the tanks appeared in the Tech Tree but not in the VAB.

I'll test the link Pireax posted.

EDIT: It did not work. Here is the output.

Edited by O Nerd

Duxwing, you're welcome!

Schelde: argh. That's the downside of non zero rescale factor and MODEL nodes. I need to rework it to not use that. It only happens when you use them as a root part though.

Blipser: try increasing scale in ATM. I can't look at the logs right now (away from computer) but it's possible it's a memory crash.

O Nerd: the non super stretchy tanks are deprecated. Use the start = 1000 fix I suggested to get around the stretch limits issue.

Pireax: what do you mean?

I mean the Techlevel changes in their configs, the tanks with MFT in their name didn't change techlevel ingame unless I renamed them to something else.

Edited by Pireax

i found the FASA RO fix files from RO thread, i now have part collision explosion between probe cores and mercury pod (like putting a stayputnik on the top of it or an explorer probe on the side of pod as early gieger counter). anyone else had this happen? the issue only occurs when a kerbal EVA's then re-boards pod.

Edited by Guest

yes, but i am willing to switch to ECLSS. at this point i feel i need to scrub my whole KSP install and start anew. If anyone has the parts folder and gamedata folders of a preconfigured RSS/RO/RPL install they are willing to share it would be truly helpful

You can use the mod bundler for realism overhaul, it does everything for you.

Full KSP wipe and reinstall, using ECLSS this time, still have issues with probe cores on top of mercury pod (tried Explorer, M38 unmanned, Statputniks and QBE's) causing odd super flip up high and fast (100m/s+) collision explosion after entering pod from EVA. A parachute or stretchy tank doesn't cause this though, any thoughts everything else seems fine, just EVA pod reentries and probe cores on mercury pod (didnt have mk1 pod unlocked on new save to test it)

If i dont EVA its fine, whats causing this... i have no idea, really i'm stumped

Edited by Guest