[1.2.x] Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.6.4.0 (Dec 30th 2016)

sarbian

• 1 month later...

I, too, am looking for the 0.90 update. I prefer this to Ship Manifest. And, it's more powerful than the stock crew transfer.

Sidebar: I never use transfer in flight; I'm old school; gotta do the EVA thing. So, I use Crew Manifest at only the launchpad to change-out personnel, which stock does not provide.

I, too, am looking for the 0.90 update. I prefer this to Ship Manifest. And, it's more powerful than the stock crew transfer.

Sidebar: I never use transfer in flight; I'm old school; gotta do the EVA thing. So, I use Crew Manifest at only the launchpad to change-out personnel, which stock does not provide.

Well, I do use it to transfer from compartment to compartment w/o EVA. :D:wink:

Look forward to seeing it updated.

I prefer Crew Manifest to Ship Manifest. It's got the basic features I need at launch. i.e., switch/remove crew members. Never used in-flight. Looked at Ship Manifest; used once; removed.

@sarbian: thanks for the update.

Edited by Apollo13

I'll have to look at how to do it but I don't see why not. Remind me about it in a couple of days, I'm away for the holidays :)

Happy Holidays!

I have read, and confirmed through my own tinkering that Kerbal roles are derived randomly, seeded by the hash of the Kerbal's name. (Except for Jeb, Bill and Bob which are likely hard-coded.) It would be possible to request CM to generate a particular role, and it should be able to randomly find an unused name that assumes the desired role. However, complete customization doesn't appear possible in 0.90. To wit, I haven't come up with much of a reasoning for Squad's decision to implement role assignments this way; except that it does ensure that everyone with a given Kerbal name always has the same role. I don't see why this data couldn't have been held as a property like courage/stupidity...

Edited by ozraven

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.