HSTW 1.75m Gemini

Tosh

With 0.15 out, will this be updated?

I have plans to update. But... once again, I\'ve promised an update on January, and still haven\'t made it...

So don\'t believe me ;P

I saw this pop up on a flying visit to the forums and thought I\'d say thanks for what is my favourite part mod for KSP. Then I thought that wasn\'t self serving enough and wondered if the parts for the Big Gemini had been considered.

Cheers,

M

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this pop up on a flying visit to the forums and thought I\'d say thanks for what is my favourite part mod for KSP. Then I thought that wasn\'t self serving enough and wondered if the parts for the Big Gemini had been considered.

Cheers,

M

@firebar: Big Gemini? I like the way you think! 8)

@Tosh: one: Why can\'t I attach RCS to the sides? Two: Can I edit the .cfg to make this possible?

@Tosh: one: Why can\'t I attach RCS to the sides? Two: Can I edit the .cfg to make this possible?

Change attachRules parameter to

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

Eh, which ones do you mean? RCS nozzles just painted on the texture -- or a main engine in the bottom? ::)

Seems like Agenda can be done of NovaPunch parts. It looks quite similar :)

Any chance of you telling us how to build it?

When I got this, I made a few changes. I want to suggest something, Tosh. Add thrusters to this. The real Gemini used thrusters to change its orbit, not the retro fire engines.

And also, you guys will probably want NovaPunch to make the Titan II GLV by the way... You\'ll have to also modify your NovaPunch textures to match the paint scheme of the Titan II.

Dear Tosh,

Will you be updating this with an interior for IVA\'s , say yes, saaay it.

I\'d like to look at IVA implementation before answering that.

Also keep in mind that, unlike KSP pods, Gemini had crew of 2. I wonder will modders be able to configure crew capacity in 0.16 release?

UPD. And, uh, are you aware just what Gemini pod was? A cramped capsule with two seats and two tiny windows (really tiny, I mean it); crewmen were unable even to leave their seats without opening pod hatches first. I doubt that could make an interesting IVA experience...

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6024.0;attach=25023;image

Are youkidding, of course it would! its about atmosphere and immersion man. and yes they will be configurable. Can we get a solid 'I\'ll try'?
Modelling pod\'s interior is quite an amount of job. And what for? To switch to IVA view just once and see there\'s not much to do here? ::)

Also remember that crew had very little control on the flight itself. Most of those dials and buttons you see in the photo controlled radio transmissions (not implemented in KSP), life support (the same), and equipment tests ( ::)). Only orientation, transition and stage separation controls might make some sense. A little sense, given that you can barely see something through that windows)))

Man, it\'s not Appolo. It just took off, made a couple of maneuvers, and landed ;)