[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Update:

(I'm testing new code from codepoet to make CLS optional. I will let you know more as we get finished testing, and updates for both are made available.

Soon Ship Manifest will NOT require CLS (or by extension, Moduloe Manager). If you want to use it, install CLS. Ship Manifest will detect, and enable CLS mode.

If you do not install CLS, Ship Manifest will detect that and turn off CLS Mode.

Update:

(I'm testing new code from codepoet to make CLS optional. I will let you know more as we get finished testing, and updates for both are made available.

Soon Ship Manifest will NOT require CLS (or by extension, Moduloe Manager). If you want to use it, install CLS. Ship Manifest will detect, and enable CLS mode.

If you do not install CLS, Ship Manifest will detect that and turn off CLS Mode.

Initial testing complete. We have soft dependencies!

I've got some minor highlighting bugs to work out, but we have a solution. The next version of SM will not "require" CLS. If you install it, SM will use it and enable CLS by default. If you dont install it, SM will detect that and turn CLS off, disabling the button so you can't change it.

Coming soon folks!

Hello, everybody!

Please, help me, as I use the mod and close the menu, the parts stay highlighted forever, what could possibly be wrong?

Thank you for your help!

Your question is somewhat vague. can you provide a bit more detail?

For example, can you provide maybe a picture of the issue, and describe how to repeat?

Also, please be sure you are using the latest version of SM and CLS. SM current version is 0.23.5.3.2.3, and CLS is 1.0.4.1

Also, if you can provide a screenshot of the settings window. The window as it is first opened is just fine, as the settings I need are at the top, so no need to scroll.

I will do my best to determine the cause and or resolution!

In case an error report comes useful, Ship Manifest opened a "debug console" window (with version 0.23.5.3.3 on it) when I began an EVA. Never happened before, and I wasn't using SM at all (window closed, believe working in background). Here the content of the debug window (note: I repeated twice the EVA, both times SM made this, first time I cancelled the log):

Info:  Log Cleared at 5/17/2014 12:40:58 AM UTC.
Error: in drawGui. Error: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipManifest.ManifestController.get_Vessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipManifest.ManifestController.drawGui () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

SM version is 0.23.5.3.2.3, CLS 1.0.4.1. KSP continued to work apparently unaffected (all portraits correctly drawn), CLS unaffected too (highlighting crewable parts corrrectly), but SM didn't allow to select any resource (or crew) when I opened its window thereafter. Game was using 3.9GB RAM (though that may not imply anything, I often arrive to 3.99 before restarting).

Output_log.txt here, in case.

In case an error report comes useful, Ship Manifest opened a "debug console" window (with version 0.23.5.3.3 on it) when I began an EVA. Never happened before, and I wasn't using SM at all (window closed, believe working in background). Here the content of the debug window (note: I repeated twice the EVA, both times SM made this, first time I cancelled the log):

Info:  Log Cleared at 5/17/2014 12:40:58 AM UTC.
Error: in drawGui. Error: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipManifest.ManifestController.get_Vessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipManifest.ManifestController.drawGui () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

SM version is 0.23.5.3.2.3, CLS 1.0.4.1. KSP continued to work apparently unaffected (all portraits correctly drawn), CLS unaffected too (highlighting crewable parts corrrectly), but SM didn't allow to select any resource (or crew) when I opened its window thereafter. Game was using 3.9GB RAM (though that may not imply anything, I often arrive to 3.99 before restarting).

Output_log.txt here, in case.

Thanks!

That means I'm not managing my Scenes well. Ship Manifest is present in every scene. One of the changes I made was to revert to having the ship objects refresh at the frame rate. I was migrating to a new event handling system (to improve performance). While promising, it was simply not getting it done yet. So, I will need to add some checks for scene to prevent accidental firing of the subroutine.

The error is harmless, but annoying. I'll include that in the issues list and resolve it with the next release.

Edit: Correction. I reread the issue and realised you were in the Flight scene. Oops.

So, I have to look at whether the vessel is a Kerbal or not. Thanks!

Edited by Papa_Joe

Hello, i'd like to report an issue i'm having, it may just be my lack of understanding though. This is what i get in the debug console.

Error: in SetResourceHighlighting. Error:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Transform:Find (string)
at UnityEngine.Transform.FindChild (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.FindModelComponents[Renderer] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.highlight (Color highlightColor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.SetHighlight (Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.SetHighlightDefault () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSPart.SetHighlighting () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSPart.Highlight (Boolean val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSSpace.Highlight (Boolean val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipManifest.ShipManifestBehaviour.SetResourceHighlighting () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I only get this error when i select my space station that is using FusTek Station parts. CLS works fine apparently and so does ship manifest so i dont know if it's a problem on his mod (FusTek) or yours.

Hello, i'd like to report an issue i'm having, it may just be my lack of understanding though. This is what i get in the debug console.

Error: in SetResourceHighlighting. Error:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Transform:Find (string)
at UnityEngine.Transform.FindChild (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.FindModelComponents[Renderer] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.highlight (Color highlightColor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.SetHighlight (Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.SetHighlightDefault () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSPart.SetHighlighting () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSPart.Highlight (Boolean val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ConnectedLivingSpace.CLSSpace.Highlight (Boolean val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipManifest.ShipManifestBehaviour.SetResourceHighlighting () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I only get this error when i select my space station that is using FusTek Station parts. CLS works fine apparently and so does ship manifest so i dont know if it's a problem on his mod (FusTek) or yours.

I can't check right now, but I think I'm getting the same issue. It occurs when I switch from a vessel to my station, which has FusTek parts.

Very frustrating as Ship Manifest basically shuts down and you have to go to the Space Center and back to reset it, unless there's a manual reset I haven't found.

I'm not sure the problem lies solely with FusTek, as it does work with a FusTek vessel, it's only after switching to another vessel and back does it break.

Versions (of what I believe are the relevant mods):

Ship Manifest v0.23.3.5.3.2.3

CLS v1.0.3.0

FusTek vX0.04-3-1 DEV BUILD

Module Manager v2.0.7

EDIT:

I've just checked and it seems I get a different error:

Error:  in Ship Manifest Window - SourceTransferViewer.  Error:  Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Part]].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipManifest.ManifestController.SourceTransferViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

In the log file that block is repeated what seems like a couple hundred times. This occurs when switching from and back to a FusTek vessel with the transfer window open.

When switching from and back to a FusTek vessel with just the main Ship Manifest window open, the resources buttons cease to work. Clicking on them flashes the CLS part highlights briefly and returns to normal. This error doesn't seem to output anything to the log.

Edited by Bobe

thanks for the feedback. The issue is mine. I'll address it with the next release. sorry for the inconvenience!

No problem, glad to hear you're on top of it.

It is unclear to me whether Soyuz docking ports from the Soviet Pack allow transfer with CLS/Ship Manifest. I just reached the space station I built after several days of labor, and couldn't transfer my crew into the modules. :D Had to do it via EVA to transfer them before TAC supplies in the Soyuz were fully depleted.

If I create a CLSSovietPack.cfg in the CLS folder, is the following content correct?

@PART[Soyuz Docking mechanism]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
}
}

Thanks in advance!

Follow-up about crew transfer through unconventional parts

Here is my station:

BqfUMCFl.jpg

You can see in the back, in red, the ALCOR pod with two Kerbals in it. I want to transfer one of them in the Soyuz orbital module in the front, in blue. It won't work despite the MM patches I *tried* to make for the corresponding parts in the way to the Soyuz (I may have done it wrong). The blue Soyuz module is connected to two coupled Soyuz docking ports (cyan), a Fustek module (green), two Fustek docking ports (yellow), a radial stack point (yellow) attached to a Science Jr. module (yellow), being itself attached to Fustek docking ports (cyan) onto a Fustek module (yellow) where Kerbals do pass successfully. The issue is therefore somewhere between the Soyuz and the Science Jr. module. It means that 4 different parts may cause the issue, and be unpassable: Soyuz Orbital module, Soyuz Docking ports, radial stack point, Science Jr.

I consequently created "CLSSovietPack.cfg" in \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ConnectedLivingSpace\Plugins, and edited CLSStock.cfg. They contain the following patches for the corresponding parts:

Soviet Pack, for the Soyuz TMA parts (and regular Soyuz parts, but none on this station):

@PART[Soyuz?Docking?mechanism]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[Soyuz?Descent?Module]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[Soyuz?Orbital?module]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[Soyuz?TMA?Docking?mechanism]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[Soyuz?TMA?Descent?Module]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[Soyuz?TMA?Orbital?module]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

Additional stock parts:

@PART[stackPoint1]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]] 
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true
}
}

@PART[science_module]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

I think there are no other occurrences of these parts in any of the other CLS .cfg files.

I am absolutely sure I am doing something wrong, but if anybody has any ideas, please let me know!

P.S.

I know it is kind of dumb to use a Science Jr. to transfer crew, but I needed a part to make the 90° angle in a small form factor, and found nothing better than this module + a radial stack point.

[Edit] Some progress on the actual cause of the issue thanks to two folks on the IRC channel. It seems to be all about CLS and not Ship Manifest, so I posted it in the corresponding thread.

Edited by Korb Biakustra

Follow-up about crew transfer through unconventional parts

Here is my station:

http://i.imgur.com/BqfUMCFl.jpg

You can see in the back, in red, the ALCOR pod with two Kerbals in it. I want to transfer one of them in the Soyuz orbital module in the front, in blue. It won't work despite the MM patches I *tried* to make for the corresponding parts in the way to the Soyuz (I may have done it wrong). The blue Soyuz module is connected to two coupled Soyuz docking ports (cyan), a Fustek module (green), two Fustek docking ports (yellow), a radial stack point (yellow) attached to a Science Jr. module (yellow), being itself attached to Fustek docking ports (cyan) onto a Fustek module (yellow) where Kerbals do pass successfully. The issue is therefore somewhere between the Soyuz and the Science Jr. module. It means that 4 different parts may cause the issue, and be unpassable: Soyuz Orbital module, Soyuz Docking ports, radial stack point, Science Jr.

I consequently created "CLSSovietPack.cfg" in \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ConnectedLivingSpace\Plugins, and edited CLSStock.cfg. They contain the following patches for the corresponding parts:

Soviet Pack, for the Soyuz TMA parts (and regular Soyuz parts, but none on this station):

@PART[Soyuz?Docking?mechanism]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[Soyuz?Descent?Module]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[Soyuz?Orbital?module]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[Soyuz?TMA?Docking?mechanism]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[Soyuz?TMA?Descent?Module]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[Soyuz?TMA?Orbital?module]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

Additional stock parts:

@PART[stackPoint1]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]] 
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[science_module]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

I think there are no other occurrences of these parts in any of the other CLS .cfg files.

I am absolutely sure I am doing something wrong, but if anybody has any ideas, please let me know!

P.S.

I know it is kind of dumb to use a Science Jr. to transfer crew, but I needed a part to make the 90° angle in a small form factor, and found nothing better than this module + a radial stack point.

[Edit] Some progress on the actual cause of the issue thanks to two folks on the IRC channel. It seems to be all about CLS and not Ship Manifest, so I posted it in the corresponding thread.

Thanks for the work you did there, and to those supporting the solution. Everyone will benefit from your efforts!

Hi! I have just installed KSP 0.23.5. I have precisely followed instructions on how to install Ship Manifest. When I opened the game i found the toolbar missing Xfer button. What did I do wrong?

Hi! I have just installed KSP 0.23.5. I have precisely followed instructions on how to install Ship Manifest. When I opened the game i found the toolbar missing Xfer button. What did I do wrong?

If you are referring to Blizzy78's toolbar, and you are missing the SM button, then you are using an earlier version of CLS. current version is 1.0.4.1.

If you are simply mising xfer buttons in the Transfer window, then you need to turn off CLS, as your source and target parts are NOT connected to eachother via one single living space. CLS will limit your transfers to only parts that can be reached "internally".

If you want to move to any part, simply turn off CLS in the settings window.

Edited by Papa_Joe

If you are referring to Blizzy78's toolbar, and you are missing the SM button, then you are using an earlier version of CLS. current version is 1.0.4.1.

If you are simply mising xfer buttons in the Transfer window, then you need to turn off CLS, as your source and target parts are NOT connected to eachother via one single living space. CLS will limit your transfers to only parts that can be reached "internally".

If you want to move to any part, simply turn off CLS in the settings window.

Thanks a lot! It was the second one you mentioned.

Thanks for the work you did there, and to those supporting the solution. Everyone will benefit from your efforts!

Thanks for your support, I did not do much though!

Finally sorted it out with the help of Codepoet (CLS mod creator). The cause of the issue is described here, as well as the fix: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68617-WIP-Connected-Living-Space-API-for-connected-habs-%28new-download-16-2-14%29?p=1174079&viewfull=1#post1174079

Are you planning to add the ability to "dump" resources? I am getting fed up of my deep space transport ships having to haul a whole load of "waste" out to Jool and back, which is costing me delta-v.

My Ship Manifest toolbar icon has disappeared since a few days. I have all dependencies up to date, and just redownloaded SM (after deleting it). Any ideas? :<

(And I second the idea to add possibility to dump ressources, at least waste and liquids, and perhaps gaz if associated with a slight thrust (RCS-like) effect?)

Edited by Korb Biakustra

Are you planning to add the ability to "dump" resources? I am getting fed up of my deep space transport ships having to haul a whole load of "waste" out to Jool and back, which is costing me delta-v.

The feature already exists. it is a standard mode feature. Turn off realism and you can dump.

My Ship Manifest toolbar icon has disappeared since a few days. I have all dependencies up to date, and just redownloaded SM (after deleting it). Any ideas? :<

(And I second the idea to add possibility to dump ressources, at least waste and liquids, and perhaps gaz if associated with a slight thrust (RCS-like) effect?)

Please be sure you are running CLS version 1.0.4.1. any other version will cause issues.

I thought about the thrust component, but I've spent no time working out the mechanics. For this to be a realism feature, that would be a necessity.

However, just quickly thinking about it, you would need some sort of dumping port part, as I would not want to "assume" a certain point on a part or parts, and throw the mass balance off and get weird results. I'd want to know which direction I'm dumping, relation to COM, and other such boring details...

Update:

I've just released Ship Manifest 0.23.5.3.3. This version of SM is now CLS optional. if you wish to use CLS with SM 0.23.5.3.3 or later, be sure to use CLS version 1.0.5.0 or later.

If you do not wish to use CLS, remove it from your gamedata folder.

Let me know what you think!

codepoet will be announcing the release of version 1.0.5.0 soon, but it is available now from his Github site. check out my op for all details.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I've had some trouble with the part highlighting not going away. I've updated to the latest (both SM and CLS), yet seem to still have this problem. I don't think that this is a conflict problem with one of my other mods. Any thoughts would be appreciated..