[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

I've had some trouble with the part highlighting not going away. I've updated to the latest (both SM and CLS), yet seem to still have this problem. I don't think that this is a conflict problem with one of my other mods. Any thoughts would be appreciated..

There is a known issue where when you eva, the crew highlighting remains on. it will return when you mouse over of one of the crew parts, even when you switch away from crew. This happens only when using CLS. does this describe your issue?

If not, please describe steps to reproduce.

Thanks!

I think I found awesome unintentional interaction with Interstellar: You can give yourself antimatter/thermal power/megajoules/put other useful resources here on vessel launch, like any other resources.

Also can you make it not add waste water/waste/CO2 from TAC, when pressing "load resources" or something button?

I used this mod to manage my collected science and fill ship with Kerbals, when I forget :P

Edited by raxo2222

I think I found awesome unintentional interaction with Interstellar: You can give yourself antimatter/thermal power/megajoules/put other useful resources here on vessel launch, like any other resources.

Also can you make it not add waste water/waste/CO2 from TAC, when pressing "load resources" or something button?

I used this mod to manage my collected science and fill ship with Kerbals, when I forget :P

Yes, yes you can. However, it is NOT unintentional. I simply enable it by default. For the realism purists, loading resources in PreFlight can be disabled in the settings window by disabling "Enable Resources in PreFlight". This will turn it off and prevent loading "free" resources. :)

As far as the waste water, waste, & co2, etc., well, there is no way for me to distinguish between "good" resources and "bad" resources. That is what Dump resources is for.... :)

Edit:

I was just perusing the CLS development thread, and I remembered that codepoet added support for hatches. I think Ship Manifest screams for a Hatch Control panel.... Going to add that to the Feature list. Green means Open Red means Closed, or reverse 'em, your choice...

Edited by Papa_Joe

I'm getting an error:

KSP 0.23.5

ModuleManager 2.1.5

CLS 1.0.5.0

ShipManifest 23.5.3.3

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ShipManifest': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ShipManifest.ShipManifestBehaviour' from assembly 'ShipManifest, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I'm getting an error:

KSP 0.23.5

ModuleManager 2.1.5

CLS 1.0.5.0

ShipManifest 23.5.3.3

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ShipManifest': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ShipManifest.ShipManifestBehaviour' from assembly 'ShipManifest, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I have not tested with Module Manager 2.1.5. I know with the release of 2.1.0, there were some "compatibility" issues with existing saves. I don't know if that is the culprit or not, but I do know that CLS uses it, and the error indicates a failure to load CLS. I don't know if codepoet has tested CLS with MM 2.1.5. I know that 2.0.7 works. Versions tested are shown in the OP.

try 2.0.7 of Module Manager and see if the error goes away.

Also, when is the error occurring? what scene are you in when it appears?

Edited by Papa_Joe

I have not tested with Module Manager 2.1.5. I know with the release of 2.1.0, there were some "compatibility" issues with existing saves. I don't know if that is the culprit or not, but I do know that CLS uses it, and the error indicates a failure to load CLS. I don't know if codepoet has tested CLS with MM 2.1.5. I know that 2.0.7 works. Versions tested are shown in the OP.

I upgraded my main save to ModuleManager 2.1.5 (I think) yesterday, and have not noticed any problems.

I upgraded my main save to ModuleManager 2.1.5 (I think) yesterday, and have not noticed any problems.

Thanks, my data is a bit out of date, and I've not really looked at Module manager since 2.1.0. So, If the OP of the issue would be so kind as to provide a screenie of the error or the log, I can attempt to reproduce the error.

I have just tried 2.0.7 and get the same error, it is happening on line 183-190 during the Squad logo being displayed.

While loading MM reports it has applied patches, in-game CLS appears to work and correctly identifies and colors connected segments of the FusTek parts I am using. There is just no sign of Ship Manifest anywhere.

While digging through my log I found a couple other references to ShipManifest, does this shed any light on the problem?

[WRN 20:47:38.158] [Kethane] Error inspecting assembly 'ShipManifest': 
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at Kethane.MapOverlay.findToolbar () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERR 20:49:01.325] MechJeb moduleRegistry creation threw an exception in LoadComputerModules loading ShipManifest, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at MuMech.MechJebCore.LoadComputerModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks again!

Edit to add: I copied my KSP folder and haphazardly removed mods and KSP got angry but Ship Manifest began working. So I am assuming a conflict with another mod at this point. If anyone has any ideas of which might conflict before I begin ripping things apart please speak up! :D

Edited by Aedda
Additional details

I have just tried 2.0.7 and get the same error, it is happening on line 183-190 during the Squad logo being displayed.

While loading MM reports it has applied patches, in-game CLS appears to work and correctly identifies and colors connected segments of the FusTek parts I am using. There is just no sign of Ship Manifest anywhere.

While digging through my log I found a couple other references to ShipManifest, does this shed any light on the problem?

[WRN 20:47:38.158] [Kethane] Error inspecting assembly 'ShipManifest': 
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at Kethane.MapOverlay.findToolbar () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERR 20:49:01.325] MechJeb moduleRegistry creation threw an exception in LoadComputerModules loading ShipManifest, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at MuMech.MechJebCore.LoadComputerModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks again!

Edit to add: I copied my KSP folder and haphazardly removed mods and KSP got angry but Ship Manifest began working. So I am assuming a conflict with another mod at this point. If anyone has any ideas of which might conflict before I begin ripping things apart please speak up! :D

It does sound like a conflict with something else...

I suggest a painful but proven approach. Remove all mods but cls and sm, then, one by one, add the mods in until it breaks. Time consuming, tedious, but proven.

Or, if you say you have it working now, then add the ones that are missing one by one.

The upside, is that the error is occurring during the first initialization of the mods, so you don't need to wait for the game to completely load...

I'm also having problems with the highlighting not going away. I guess I'll take some time to look at conflicts at some point.

Highlighting issues are not a conflict.

I have one known issue where highlighting remains when CLS is active, and Crew is selected in the Manifest Window, and you send someone EVA. Other than that, I am not aware of any highlighting issues.

If highlighting in SM is behaving badly (other than that one case), please describe the issue and what you do to reproduce the issue.

An update on my problem of ShipManifest not working. I made a fresh install with only CLS and ShipManifest and it worked fine. I added mods one at a time until all were installed and it still works. So I am unsure what is different between the two installs. One thing I did notice is that I had ShipManifest installed already for a while and forgot about it since it did not work and I did not need it yet, so the problem has existed for some time in the broken install. I'll keep poking at it and see if I ever figure it out.

An update on my problem of ShipManifest not working. I made a fresh install with only CLS and ShipManifest and it worked fine. I added mods one at a time until all were installed and it still works. So I am unsure what is different between the two installs. One thing I did notice is that I had ShipManifest installed already for a while and forgot about it since it did not work and I did not need it yet, so the problem has existed for some time in the broken install. I'll keep poking at it and see if I ever figure it out.

I'm just glad to know it is working for you now.

Update:

The very first request on my thread, when Ship manifest very first came out, was to see the vessel a kerbal belonged to in the Roster Window. This was the very first response to my very first release.

So between crew manifest and TAC Fuel balancer, I already have all it currently adds?

The #1 extension to crew manifest I would like to see, is that the roster shows what ship each kerbal is aboard.

Well, at long last, after much time has past, and after MaHuJa likely has given up, I've added the requested feature.

NZl6m1n.png

Coming soon.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I'm just glad to know it is working for you now.

I think I found out the problem and I have no idea how or why it happened. Seems despite uninstalling and upgrading ShipManifest somehow 23.5.3.2 was installed, the fresh working KSP was using 23.5.3.3. I put 3.2 back in and bam same issue, and then I put 3.3 in the broken KSP and bing the button appeared and all works fine.

I use KSP Mod Admin and all I can guess is for whatever reason it did not cleanly remove the old version. Sorry for any trouble or concern!

I think I found out the problem and I have no idea how or why it happened. Seems despite uninstalling and upgrading ShipManifest somehow 23.5.3.2 was installed, the fresh working KSP was using 23.5.3.3. I put 3.2 back in and bam same issue, and then I put 3.3 in the broken KSP and bing the button appeared and all works fine.

I use KSP Mod Admin and all I can guess is for whatever reason it did not cleanly remove the old version. Sorry for any trouble or concern!

I will remember that if others experience the same issue. 0.25.5.3.2x and earlier versions will NOT work with the latest version of CLS. We no longer talk to CLS "directly", but rather, thru an interface.. Previous version will fail when attempting to use CLS 1.0.5.0 or later.

I'm having trouble transferring crew between capsules. CLS shows everything is connected but there's no "Xfer" option listed when I try to transfer the crew :(. I saw a similar question but it looked like the problem was that the parts the person asking weren't actually connected by CLS so that's where I checked CLS to make sure it was setup correctly.

Of course I could (and did) just turn off the CLS option but I like the realism lol. I'm using the KSOS standard docking ports if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

WDY9nVO.pngErm I have some funny bug... when I close the SM window, if my mouse goes over my pod, it will get highlighted.

edit--

so I read that this is known issue with CLS. How can I make the highlight go away?? OH yes.... I don't have anyone evaing either

Edited by orangewarning

Suggestion: Add support for transferring items between KAS toolboxes.

Never worked with KAS toolboxes. I'll check them out and see what is what. No promises... :)

I'm having trouble transferring crew between capsules. CLS shows everything is connected but there's no "Xfer" option listed when I try to transfer the crew :(. I saw a similar question but it looked like the problem was that the parts the person asking weren't actually connected by CLS so that's where I checked CLS to make sure it was setup correctly.

Of course I could (and did) just turn off the CLS option but I like the realism lol. I'm using the KSOS standard docking ports if that makes a difference. Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/WIt76

The latest version of CLS has hatches. If 2 parts are docked, and the hatches are closed, then you cannot transfer. I don't know if that is the issue, but it is the only thing I can think of. I use CLS as the means to determine the internal navagability, and hatches play a part. you can right click on the docking ports, and there will be a hatch open/close button. The hatches need to be open on both docking ports.

http://i.imgur.com/WDY9nVO.pngErm I have some funny bug... when I close the SM window, if my mouse goes over my pod, it will get highlighted.

edit--

so I read that this is known issue with CLS. How can I make the highlight go away?? OH yes.... I don't have anyone evaing either

I have noticed the same behavior after a crew transfer as well... the highlighting goes away, but when you mouse over, it returns... :( you have to switch scenes, or select another ship and go back to that ship to get the highlighting to go away.

So, I have some more work to do on highlighting :P That will be my highest priority, as it is bugging me....

Edited by Papa_Joe

The latest version of CLS has hatches. If 2 parts are docked, and the hatches are closed, then you cannot transfer. I don't know if that is the issue, but it is the only thing I can think of. I use CLS as the means to determine the internal navagability, and hatches play a part. you can right click on the docking ports, and there will be a hatch open/close button. The hatches need to be open on both docking ports.

Thanks for the reply Papa_Joe! I have the hatches open though :(. I noticed in the cls interface that the ships wouldn't register as connected until I opened them. Maybe it's the KSOS docking ports? I haven't unlocked the regular ones in my career yet so haven't tried them.

Later in the mission I discovered I was also unable to xfer science between these two ships, regardless of CLS useage. Again these may be issues with the KSOS docking ports or even a different mod, I'll try to spend some time testing to confirm when I get a chance.

Excellent mod and thanks again for your reply :cool: