[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

1 hour ago, the_Demongod said:

Hey, love the mod but I'm getting a crash that may or may not be caused by this. Just randomly today I started getting a crash upon trying to load certain vessels. The game hangs and/or crashes without producing a crash log so I'm just going off of KSP.txt in the root directory here. While it's not the very last thing in the log, less than a second before the log ends, it says:

[LOG 15:36:02.674] [ShipManifest] - Error:  Error in:  SMAddon.UpdateSMcontroller.  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.UpdateDockedVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.RefreshLists () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMAddon.UpdateSMcontroller (.Vessel newVessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 15:36:02.677] [ShipManifest] - Error:  Error in:  SMAddon.UpdateSMcontroller.  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.UpdateDockedVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMAddon.UpdateSMcontroller (.Vessel newVessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 15:36:02.681] RemoteTech: ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnLoad
[LOG 15:36:02.682] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Find TRANSMITTER success.
[LOG 15:36:02.683] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Add TRANSMITTER success.
[LOG 15:36:02.684] [ShipManifest] - Error:  Error in:  SMAddon.UpdateSMcontroller.  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 15:36:02.687] [ShipManifest] - Error:  Error in:  SMAddon.UpdateSMcontroller.  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Seems like something isn't getting instantiated correctly? Sorry for the vagueness but this is legitimately the only information that might be related to my crash that I could find and I thought I might let you know. I just re-installed the mod in case it was an issue on my end (which is rather likely since this issue just randomly appeared 30 minutes ago) and I'll go test right now to see if that fixed it.

EDIT: Well it doesn't seem to be the cause of the main issue I'm having (game hangs on loading vehicle, stuck in some sort of recursive loop that spams log with 'PartChildAttached'), but I'll leave this here just in case it's useful information.

I now log errors to the ksp output.log so check that file as well.

I also note that you have RemoteTech installed.  I wonder if that may be part of my issue.   I will investigate.

Edited by Papa_Joe

11 hours ago, the_Demongod said:

@Papa_Joe The hanging issue was Procedural Parts related and I've run the game several times without issues so unfortunately the output log probably doesn't contain anything of use but I'll be sure to let you know if I find anything.

thanks for the update, but the error you displayed is indicative of another potential issue.  So it has been helpful.  I will be cleaning up some processes to ensure these errors are not repeated. 

On 7/5/2016 at 6:51 AM, Papa_Joe said:

When I first considered dumps in realism mode, I "assumed" that any venting would be a zero sum thrust component.  you would vent from opposite sides and the net would be zero.  so I "fudged it" if you will.  There are discussion in this thread concerning that if you care to research back about 6 months or so I think.

But, for the sake of "purity", I probably should create a part to allow "real" dumping. and allow for heat generation as well, so that there is a reason for heat dissipation.

Smart Parts has such a part for fuel dumping, with limited flow rate and thrust.  Actually two parts - one with straight thrust and one with angled thrust.  1.1.3 version is maintained here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KerbalSmartParts/releases and I'm sure linuxgurugamer would be open to patches if you just want to add heat.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KerbalSmartParts/blob/master/Source/Valve.cs is the valve code in particular.

You're free to re-invent the wheel valve, of course, if you want to make your own. :)

One possible point of integration would be to detect Smart Part's fuel valve and allow control via Ship Manifest.

I seemed to recall this part and went searching for it when this issue came up. I forgot the name of the mod and could not find it. Thanks so much for locating it for me!

I'm against reinventing the wheel when possible, and an existing part would be awesome.  I'll check it out and integrate it as appropriate.  

The heat component is for electrical dumping, so that will be a different animal.  

New Release.  

Version 5.1.1.2 - Release 12 Jul, 2016 - KSP 1.1.3 Compatibility Edition.
- New:  Added ability to initiate EVA from Crew Transfer Window in Realism mode when CLS prevents an internal Transfer.
- Fixed: Occasional nullref exceptions when loading a vessel in method UpdateDockedVessels.

In another thread, I was hit with an idea.  When Realism is on, and CLS is enabled, Transfers are blocked between 2 parts that are in different spaces.  However, I do not give you the ability to perform an EVA from the Transfer Window.

This new feature now accounts for that.  If CLS is active, and you cannot transfer internally, the Xfer button now displays EVA instead.  Click on it and your kerbal will now go EVA.

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 7/8/2016 at 9:22 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Just going through the thread from when I was inactive.  I saw this.   I recall having this issue awhile back.  let me revisit and see what may have changed.

I recall this.   Re refactored how the part lists are managed.   I will have to go back and check for USI modules.

USI support for inflatables is now implemented in my Dev copy.  I'm refactoring a bunch of stuff, so this will be included with the next release.

On 4/7/2016 at 0:03 PM, passinglurker said:

Thought I'd ask a pro in the field of modding crew transfers. How practical would it be for there to be a feature where when a kerbal tries to board a part with a hatch but no open seats it will automatically transfer them to the next open seat elsewhere on the vessel possibly using some sort of boarding priority? (for example fill command modules first, then science labs(if scientist), then crew cabins, then science labs(if not a scientist))

Revisiting this request from back around the 1.1 days.

I'm thinking that if you attempt to board, and the part with the hatch is full, then it would depend on whether or not CLS is installed and active.  If so, then you could board only if There is a seat available in the space the boarding hatch is connected to.  If not, then of course anything goes.   Let me look at the boarding code to see if this is doable or not.

On 6/1/2016 at 2:30 PM, Deimos Rast said:

Ah, it was the Realism Setting, I had to turn it off. Suggestion? Maybe break that setting down further. I like portions of it, but not all of it - like removing/adding crew at the launch pad makes sense to me, but not in space for example. I like certain conveniences without the full blown cheat mode, and it seems to be largely one extreme or the other. Just a thought - it's a pretty minor inconvenience either way.

Cheers (and thanks).

Sorry for the late reply on this.  I just noticed your suggestion.  I don't think I answered it.

I left adding and removing crew out of the pre-flight menu in Realism mode on, because it would allow bypassing the costs associated with crewing the vessel.  So for the realism folks that was a deal breaker.  Now I've not investigated how to apply those costs, so I've simply left the ability out.  I'm largely a sandbox player, so I've got some stuff to learn about career mode.

Now, I could decouple it, but leave it tied to the realism lock, meaning if you set the realism tab to be locked, then you could only alter the setting via file.  That setting exists for those that do not want to be "tempted" to cheat, by simply turning off realism...  Yes, I actually had someone request that feature way back in 2014... :)

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Sorry for the late reply on this.  I just noticed your suggestion.  I don't think I answered it.

I left adding and removing crew out of the pre-flight menu in Realism mode on, because it would allow bypassing the costs associated with crewing the vessel.  So for the realism folks that was a deal breaker.  Now I've not investigated how to apply those costs, so I've simply left the ability out.  I'm largely a sandbox player, so I've got some stuff to learn about career mode.

Now, I could decouple it, but leave it tied to the realism lock, meaning if you set the realism tab to be locked, then you could only alter the setting via file.  That setting exists for those that do not want to be "tempted" to cheat, by simply turning off realism...  Yes, I actually had someone request that feature way back in 2014... :)

eh, are the costs that big of a deal? The times I need it most are when I accidentally forget to put a kerb in the seat and I need to do 3 scene changes to fix the situation. I should add the scene changes are frequent causes of CTD's for me, so...yeah. In the past I've had to use the Walk About mod to spawn kerbals and then use Vessel Mover to get them to the capsule. Or use Hyper Edit to bodily throw kerbals at the ship and hope they can grab the command pod (I don't believe in ladders). Anything to avoid a scene change.

I suppose I can see it if someone is using this mod as their primary means of filling up their shuttles, but why would you do that? I'd be inclined to say let the honor policy rule. I don't really understand people that struggle so with resisting the urge to cheat (as I never bother to try resisting it to begin with:D), but my focus is on convenience above all.

An out of game config setting seems like a workable solution. The current situation seems the least optimal, if for no other reason than it isn't clearly explained anywhere (at least not that I've found).

Eitherway, your call. You know my vote.

You do realize, that all you need to do it turn off realism, and both fill and dump crew buttons appear in the Manifest window... so why can you not do that and then turn realism back on?  no need to go through all those macninations you described.  Especially since you were referring to others simply changing a setting as well...?  I did read that correctly didn't i?

Just an update.   Final testing of next version is looking good.  This is a significant refactoring to optimize and reduce resource needs.  Change log below.

Version 5.1.2.0 - Release TBD (21 Jul, 2016) - KSP 1.1.3 Optimization Edition.
- New:  Addedoption to enable Crew Fills and Dumps Vessel Wide during Pre-Flight .  Off by default.  Works the same as Resource fill and dump.
- New:  Refactored Part level Crew Fill and Dumps.  Now shows up in the Transfer Window in Preflight when CrewPreflight setting is on, or anytime when Realism is off
- New:  Significant refactoring to improve overall performance.
- Fixed:  Revised erroneous tooltip messages for Renaming kerbals and enabling Profession changes.  These are now enabled by default and supported by the stock game.
- Fixed:  Now SM properly detects and notes changes to crew counts in USI inflatable modules

This will be released after I get some sleep.

New Release.

Version 5.1.2.0 - Release 21 Jul, 2016 - KSP 1.1.3 Optimization Edition.
- New:  Added option to enable Crew Fills and Dumps Vessel Wide during Pre-Flight .  Off by default.  Works the same as Resource fill and dump.
- New:  Refactored Part level Crew Fill and Dumps.  Now shows up in the Transfer Window in Preflight when CrewPreflight setting is on, or anytime when Realism is off
- New:  Significant refactoring to improve overall performance.
- Fixed:  Revised erroneous tooltip messages for Renaming kerbals and enabling Profession changes.  These are now enabled by default and supported by the stock game.
- Fixed:  Now SM properly detects and notes changes in USI inflatable crewable modules

Tested, but with a big refactor, you may encounter surprieses... let me know.  Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

thank you Papa-san!

and to answer your earlier question: the crew fill wasn't working for me even when I did that. Hence: Machinations.:D

Well I tested crew fill and dump this version.  I did find a bug in my conditional logic, so that explains the issue with fills.

You will like the full control you have now.  You can fill the whole vessel, one or more parts, or add one kerbal at at a time now.  It is pretty flexible.

Enjoy!

As an aside, I need to update the Wiki... a lot has changed.  I may try to use the Kerbalpedia...

Edited by Papa_Joe

@Papa_Joe Reporting in from the testing trenches!

The crew transfer works! But it throws a couple errors (see below). The first might be related to the second issue I'm reporting, or not. Error is thrown on Adding or Removing crew, but it does so successfully.

Second issue, which is super minor (but may be what is in fact causing the error). BahamutoD's VesselMover mod has an option to spawn vessels, which spawn with a pilot inside of them. When you recover said vessel/pilot, apparently...well SM gets a little confused about what to do with them. They effectively cease to exist after recovery (they're not in the AstroComplex), but SM "remembers" them and classifies them as "kinda Frozen"...better to just look at the pictures.

Doodmin Kerman is the kerbal in question. This screen shows them as Frozen. Funny thing is, the Frozen screen doesn't show them at all. I'm wondering if the other error is because of this weird kerbal or not (haven't tested crew fills without it). I have since used HyperEdit to destroy said kerbal, and it's still listed in SM.

Yeah. I don't know what to make of it. The important thing is crew transfer works (thanks again for that).

Cheers.

Edit:

Testing crew transfer a little more:

• it seems to work with realism on (even with crew fills off; via Roster menu); I'm fine with this, but I thought it wasn't supposed to?
  • One of the Fill Crew options throws an NRE (see below for picture of which Fill and the specific NRE error). It fills the pod with a crew member, but they don't have a portrait.
  • Other fills seem to work fine.
Spoiler

Skpc1ob.png?1

d4VvX3t.png?1

Error:  in RosterListViewer.  Error:  Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. 

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[ProtoCrewMember].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[ProtoCrewMember].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.DisplayRosterListViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Error:  in RosterListViewer.  Error:  Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. 

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[ProtoCrewMember].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[ProtoCrewMember].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.DisplayRosterListViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Info: File Name = /home/user/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ShipManifest\Plugins\PluginData\DebugLog_07232016_000358.txt
Info: File written

160723T002452.686 [EXCEPTION] [PartSelector.LateUpdate] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at PartSelector.LateUpdate ()

This Fill throws an NRE vvvvvvvv

WICXDXI.png?1

19 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

The crew transfer works! But it throws a couple errors (see below). The first might be related to the second issue I'm reporting, or not. Error is thrown on Adding or Removing crew, but it does so successfully.

Second issue, which is super minor (but may be what is in fact causing the error). BahamutoD's VesselMover mod has an option to spawn vessels, which spawn with a pilot inside of them. When you recover said vessel/pilot, apparently...well SM gets a little confused about what to do with them. They effectively cease to exist after recovery (they're not in the AstroComplex), but SM "remembers" them and classifies them as "kinda Frozen"...better to just look at the pictures.

Doodmin Kerman is the kerbal in question. This screen shows them as Frozen. Funny thing is, the Frozen screen doesn't show them at all. I'm wondering if the other error is because of this weird kerbal or not (haven't tested crew fills without it). I have since used HyperEdit to destroy said kerbal, and it's still listed in SM.

Yeah. I don't know what to make of it. The important thing is crew transfer works (thanks again for that).

Cheers.

Edit:

• it seems to work with realism on (even with crew fills off; via Roster menu); I'm fine with this, but I thought it wasn't supposed to?
  • One of the Fill Crew options throws an NRE (see below for picture of which Fill and the specific NRE error). It fills the pod with a crew member, but they don't have a portrait.
  Hide contents

Skpc1ob.png?1

d4VvX3t.png?1

Info: File Name = /home/user/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ShipManifest\Plugins\PluginData\DebugLog_07232016_000358.txt

160723T002452.686 [EXCEPTION] [PartSelector.LateUpdate] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

WICXDXI.png?1

I'm glad you are liking the update, and thanks for the detailed feedback.  I can confirm that the errors are benign (it is thrown at the end of the process after the kerbal action is complete), but I know exactly what I need to change to make the error go away.

Now, for the mod issue.  That would be an error in that mod.  it is not properly assigning the status of the crewmember... Does the recovery work correctly with SM not installed?  (may be hard to tell).  maybe not properly registering the crew member when it is spawned.  I do not touch any of the recovery code, so the state of the kerbal is being reported as Unknown.  Unknown is used by DeepFreeze to place a kerbal in a cryogenic state.  I check for that state to determine if a kerbal is frozen.  I'm guessing that is where he problem is coming in.  If you also have Deepfreeze installed, SM will report an unknown kerbal as frozen.  if you don't have deepfreeze installed and you still get a frozen kerbal, then that would be a bug in SM.

Possibly you can share your save game and I can inspect it for data on the kerbal's status. This would help me to determine what is going on.  Also, a copy of the output.log will help as well... maybe a telltale for the other mod in there.

Kerbal fills from the roster Window.  Are you saying that you can fill a part one kerbal at a time from the Roster Window with Realism on and Enable Crew Fill in Preflight Off?  If so, that is a bug.

One of the Fill Crew options throws an NRE.  This appears to be an interesting case.   I will investigate.  Can you supply a snippet of the NRE?

Edited by Papa_Joe

Kerbal fills from the roster Window.  Are you saying that you can fill a part one kerbal at a time from the Roster Window with Realism on and Enable Crew Fill in Preflight Off?  If so, that is a bug.

Correct (see picture below). Throws an error after doing it though.

Log. Debug Log (with extra verbose logging). Persistent. Note: the persistent save file is after I nuked the kerbal with hyper edit (but as you can see in the picture below, they're still shown, and they ain't dead:o). I can go back to an earlier save if needed.

The NRE snippet is/was at the very bottom of the spoiler I posted above.

ibmVgtl.png?1

Ok, in the ROSTER section of your game save, you can correct the state of Doodmin Kerman by changing his type to Crew, and his state to Available. I don't know how he ended up that way, but I think it has to do with the other mod.  I do not interact with this process,

As for the fact it showed up in the roster viewer, it was because the Type was Unowned.  This is used by DeepFreeze along with the state of Dead to denote Frozen.  I do not initially test for Dead, as I was "assuming" that Unowned was sufficient for detection if DeepFreeze was installed.  later in the process, I test for both properties to determine correct state.  Therefore it was there on the list, but status was blank (unhandled condition).  

I'd be interested in seeing what the other mod author is doing when spawning crew on a new vessel.

As for the NRE, I'm struggling to duplicate the issue.  It does not seem to indicate an SM exception, and you don't get an exception in the debug window of SM, do you?

Correction to an earlier statement.  Fills from the roster window in realism mode are acceptable and by design.  The logic is this:  If a Kerbal has already been recruited and is available in the roster, there is no cost for adding them to a vessel at launch.  The cost component is based on recruitment.  Currently Vessel and Part fills can also create kerbals automatically, so they are precluded.  Now I could consider altering behavoir to allow vessel and part fills based on available Kerbals or autofill based on a switch setting in the Settings window.  Food for thought.

Edited by Papa_Joe

14 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Cheers.

Edit:

Reveal hidden contents

Skpc1ob.png?1

d4VvX3t.png?1

WICXDXI.png?1

BahamutoD's VesselMover mod has a bug. When it spawns new Kerbals it is not changing the Type to Crew. that is why new crew that it spawns are getting lost/unknown status. Should raise that on the VesselMover thread as a bug.

Since this last post, I have been busy.   I have assumed maintenance of VesselMover, so I'm incorporating the changes needed right now.

Check out the new thread in my Sig for details.  I'm also working on a new release of SM to address the bugs above and correct some minor display issues.   This should be out very soon.

New Release:

Version 5.1.2.1 - Release 24 Jul, 2016 - KSP 1.1.3 Optimization Edition.
- Fixed: Enumeration error on kerbal action in Roster Window.  Moved action to outside enumerator, so change to list does not throw error.
- Fixed: Button widths were incorrect in Manifest and Transfer window part selectors under certain realism and configuration settings.

Enjoy.

3 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

New Release:

Version 5.1.2.1 - Release 24 Jul, 2016 - KSP 1.1.3 Optimization Edition.
- Fixed: Enumeration error on kerbal action in Roster Window.  Moved action to outside enumerator, so change to list does not throw error.
- Fixed: Button widths were incorrect in Manifest and Transfer window part selectors under certain realism and configuration settings.

Enjoy.

Only understand about half of this, but I feel a thanks is in order, so: thank you!

Getting this:

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 2.03.40 AM

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 2.04.23 AM

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 2.04.52 AM

In the seat i have this:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
        passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true
    }

In the adapter and fuel tank this: (between command module and crew part, and fuel between crew parts)):

MODULE
    {
        passable = true
    }

And in the crew part i have this:

MODULE
    {
        passable = true
        surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true
    }

I rate to give bad news. :(

This is not the most important thing, so, feel free to ignore.

Cheers commander!