[Part] Unnamed 4 Kerbal Capsule, Work in Progress

S3416130

Hmm, I'm by no means an expert at this. The only thing that springs to mind is did you maybe accidentally uncheck the "Mesh Render" box in unity for that particular mesh when you were adding the thrust transforms? And are those visible gray parts a separate mesh from that part this is invisible?

Aha, I may have spotted something... In your config you have

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.75, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.75, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

Try changing it to:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.75, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.75, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

Nada. Didn't do anything.

(Sorry for taking over your thread, S3416130)

EDIT: Turns out I misspelled attach in the CFG, it works fine now, apart from the pod only using the door's colliders for the airlock and ladder, and being invisible. Also, the flames are ridiculously large, and need to be about a tenth of the size.

EDIT EDIT: Can any further posts on this be in this thread? I don't want to be crowding your dev thread with my own ridiculous fails.

Edited by Deathsoul097

Oh, S3416130. You should copy those airlock and ladder instructions into a post and get it stickied in the Modeling and Texturing forum. It's very well written and easy to understand. I wish I could have had it when I was learning to do airlocks, rather than having to figure it out piecemeal from half a dozen different threads.

Great work with that!

Oh, S3416130. You should copy those airlock and ladder instructions into a post and get it stickied in the Modeling and Texturing forum. It's very well written and easy to understand.

Thanks, I'm usually very poor at explaining something. I'm glad it could help. However, posting those instructions should probably wait until I'm sure it wasn't mistakes in my instructions that caused DeathSoul097's part issues.

Okay, so I took a break from this for a few days, and this is where the project stands since my last update post.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've been working mostly on the internal, which is still far from finished, in terms of both texturing and modelling. I'm still not sure about how it looks so far. I also cleaned up the main model textures quite a bit.

Looks great so far! What do you intend for the final outer texture to look like?

I'm not really sure. I expect that I'll be making dozens of tweaks to the texture as this project progresses. This is part of the problem with the internal as well. I never have a expansive plan in mind, but rather I make each panel individually in Photoshop, and see how it looks in KSP. If I'm not happy with how it looks, I modify it or scrap it and start again.

This is the extremely early collection of parts that show what the project might look like in the future. These are very rough models open to many changes.

oVw7yxj.jpg

7GyswJJ.jpg

The engine nozzle was modelled in about 2 minutes, since I only wanted to give a rough idea of what it might end up look like. I fully intend to give it and everything else much more detail.

This is the extremely early collection of parts that show what the project might look like in the future. These are very rough models open to many changes.

http://i.imgur.com/oVw7yxj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7GyswJJ.jpg

The engine nozzle was modelled in about 2 minutes, since I only wanted to give a rough idea of what it might end up look like. I fully intend to give it and everything else much more detail.

:0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0::0.0: oh come on that is awesome and oh god how in the (redacted) does one model that well in sketchup because that is awesome

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.