[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

Yes ullage setting at the bottom of Realsettings.cfg

Then that should answer that. I'll keep the ullage in the Stockalike configs. If people don't like them, they can always turn them off (same way as useRealisticMass).

There's no toggle for making ignitions always unlimited though, other than a quick MM patch. But yeah, ullage can be toggled.

Changelog:

v10.4.4

• Fix bug where tanks that had flow disabled in partactionmenu were not counted for pressure-fed checks.
  • Fix bug where legacy EI configs were not being applied.
  • Fix issues with fuel ratio for ullage.
  • Show ignitions and pressure-fed-ness in Editor tooltips.

Fix bug where tanks that had flow disabled in partactionmenu were not counted for pressure-fed checks.

Speaking of which... blue sky RF feature if only we had infinite time to work on KSP...

Require helium tanks to repres appropriate fuel tanks, and I guess have it work like EI where you lose flow if they are not on the craft or run out of helium. :)

Not sure if this is possible, but is there currently a way to change the mass of an engine with configuration type, not relying on tech level? So that you could have an engine using LO2 + LH2 be x mass, and when it uses LO2 + Kerosene, it's a different mass?

Few small bugs in regards to tooltips.

It seems that the text for the automatic fill in the rightclick menu of a tank does not update when you switch the fuel of the engine.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also note that the tooltip to change the engine fuel and level in the rightclick menu are gone. Is this an intentional change?

I'm using the real fuels 10.4.4 and the latest Stockalike engine pack release. Other mods used are fuel crossfeed, RSS, Ven's stock revamp and FAR.

Yes, I had to remove the tweakables buttons for engine config changing. Good find about the autoconfigs, I'll need to add some message sending so the tank code reruns the 'find engines' code on config change.

Awesome to hear that. I was going to post about it, but It was so minor I kept forgetting. Glad to hear it will be resolved though.

I'm having a hard time with ullage stopping all my stage seperated ignites. How do I turn off ullage? The setting in realsettings.cfg does nothing.

When I go to stage checking the next engine..propellant says very stable but as soon as I try to ignite.. I get the vapor in fuel lines and no ignition.

Thanks for the help in advance

Edit: Ok I found on RO thread that ullage is already being brought up and I guess it seems it is acting correctly then..just super hard to overcome even with RCS to push the fuel back down after sep...I just can't seem to get it right and it's getting frustrating. More instruction on how to do this, parts to use etc would be awesome! or a way to turn it off till I learn properly would be cool too.

Edited by Lazy8

Changelog:

v10.4.5

• Update to CRP 4.3. Remove no-longer-needed hsp changes.
  • Add a fix to TEATEB flow mode until next CRP.
  • Clean up behavior when igntions are specified in a CONFIG.
  • Make the simulateUllage setting be respected.
  • Add a limitedIgnitions setting (which can be set to false).
  • Default origTechLevel to -1 to avoid an issue on engine configuration change.
  • SolverEngines update fixes "can't activate when shielded" issue.

Can I just manually apply the update when using Realism Overhaul?

Nvm, just done it and it works.

[*]Add a limitedIgnitions setting (which can be set to false).

Thanks, I'm warming up to the system, but it's always good to haves settings to just put slight brakes on the realism.

Edited by Temeter

This has been happening to me since KSP 1.0.2 RO release, including today's latest version of Real Fuels: I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with saving subassemblies? I have to reconfigure the fuel types for all the tanks of a subassembly that I use; everything else is saved properly such as engine configuration, tank types (e.g. cryogenic), etc. It does this for both stock and procedural part tanks. I also tried saving a single tank manually configured through the UI as a subassembly with no luck thinking there might be a conflict with an engine. I thought it might have been a conflict with Tweakscale (heard it was buggy, only wanted it for IR), so I removed it and still the same problem. This problem does not affect saved crafts. Wanted to see if others were having this problem or is a known problem before submitting a proper issue.

Craft File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xxce9vnvzl898g/Launcher%201%20Test.craft?dl=0

Subassembly File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsgw0vqbra6pzet/Fuzpret%201.craft?dl=0

The rocket is supposed to be similar to the Titan II.

Mod parts for the above: NRAP test weight for the craft file, Proc Fairings and Parts with various textures (I have all listed on CKAN), KW Rocketry, AIES, Remote Tech.

Edited by stevehead

I am getting this error trying to run latest version and dev FAR. This is on 1.0.2 so that maybe the reason. I thought though that nothing changed from 1.0.2>1.0.4 that would affect RealFuels since it was just an aerodynamic update. If this is the case I would hugely appricite the lock, if there is one, at least allowing back to 1.0.2. Thanks! Logs!

Action 'Activate' already defined.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Action 'Shutdown' already defined.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Action 'Activate' already defined.

Action 'Shutdown' already defined.

MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleEngines.flowMultCap' not found.
at RealFuels.ModuleEnginesRF.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleEngines.flowMultCap' not found.
at SolverEngines.ModuleEnginesSolver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealFuels.ModuleEnginesRF.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

So now that ullage is a thing in RF, does that mean I don't need engine ignitor anymore? Or is that still required?

Since EI isn't updated in quite a while, I was thinking of removing it if RF finally has the feature incorporated.

So now that ullage is a thing in RF, does that mean I don't need engine ignitor anymore? Or is that still required?

Since EI isn't updated in quite a while, I was thinking of removing it if RF finally has the feature incorporated.

No longer needed :)

Hi, with RF 10.4.5, KSP crashes (instantly, without creating error dump directly) when I click on Procedural Real Fuels SRB in VAB. snip.....

Yep, same thing here,

- - - Updated - - -

• Add a limitedIgnitions setting (which can be set to false).

Where can I make this change?

Hi, I would like to make the Near Future Propulsion and Construction tanks RF compatible and need some advice on how to do this properly. NFP tanks are balanced against stock, so some significant changes to volumes and dry masses are needed. I thought about using the BalloonCryo tank type for the Hydrogen tanks and the ElectricPropulsion tank type for Argon/Xenon tanks, that should at least ensure mass ratios that are in line with procedural parts. If the mass ratios are fine, getting the volume exactly right would not be absolutely crucial, so a very simple method would be attempting to balance against PP tanks of similar dimensions.

Near future construction (RF has configs for those, but they are very outdated) is problematic: It's tanks use interstellar fuel switch to change their appearance and content, and while that would be fine for tanks that do not necessarily need to be able to hold different fuels, some (eg. servicemodule, "liquid fuel") should really get a ModuleFuelTanks - which IFS does not support currently. Options I see here are: Ditching tanks that need to hold varied fuels and keep using IFS with the rest or ditching IFS and creating separate part.cfgs - giving all the customization but cluttering the part catalog. Oh, and I have no idea how to go on about doing #2.

Suggestions, feedback and ideas greatly appreciated.