InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

I have a problem with the mod. I try to fire the 30mm Cannon, and it won't fire. There is ammo inside it, the starting ammo. The same goes for loading the rocket pods and hardpoints. After I right click and do the stuff, I try to release it with right click, but it won't work.

I have a few other mods, like Lazor. I'm thinking it's conflicting. Any help, good sir?

Is there a module {} I can use in some of my own part cfgs for explosions on my stockmade bombs and missiles? I don't see any cfgs in the bomb and rocket parts, in fact I didn't even know that was possible. This isn't for a mod, just for my own enjoyment.

I suppose it could be there is no cfg files for them, I didn't actually try to load the mod before I looked at the mod files.

oopsie daisies? :P

Edited by RSF77

Its not working for me. The cannons can't fire, and numpad doesn't work. Reloading doesn't help either, even with right click. ;.;

If the gun is a turret it needs to have 'Control This' activated. All guns need to be right clicked and 'control this' if you action key a gun, that gun will fire semi-auto even if control is off.

Edited by InfiniteDice

Cannot Seem to get the Bombs to Load , Rockets also seem broken. anybody else having this issue? and know a fix?

The bombs and rockets won't show up in the parts menu. They are not standard parts. You need to use the Hardpoint part in the Utilities tab... Then right click that and choose the options. Have a look at the manual. Once launched... you'll need an EVA kerbal to re-arm the hardpoint by right clicking it while the kerbal is within 4 metres.

Edited by InfiniteDice

Hey how do you make guns like the internal 50.cal fire auto? Thanks great mod!

Right click the gun, choose 'Control This' and then hold the Home key. All guns with control will fire full rate. If you have a gun that you don't want to fire, then turn the control off.

>_> I tried standing right under it. it still did not load

So you chose a warhead type, then chose the ordnance type... then hit load ordnance...

And nothing happens? Can you open the Alt-f2 menu when you do that? Any errors would show there.

Right click the gun, choose 'Control This' and then hold the Home key. All guns with control will fire full rate. If you have a gun that you don't want to fire, then turn the control off.

Thanks for the quick reply, this mod is awesome. I should sleep now:sticktongue:

Hello Infinite. I have tested your mod for some time and i have found some issues. I'll try to explain them as well as i can. First of all, i have tested the mod both with a stock KSP and a strongly moded KSP. The issues happen in both installs.

The rocket pod mount has a serious issue:

The rocket pod mount has a big issue. When you load the rockets on EVA an extra rocket spawns in middle of the air between the ship and the ground, or inside the ship's structure. This rocket seems to be linked to the ship and if you try to take off the ship starts to wobble and breaks apart. Also, when you load a missile pod, the parts on the ship change their position slightly ( idon't know if this bug is related to the other one).

mtWiUgz.jpg

eueiaqK.jpg

The rotatable turret controls don't work:

In the turret control mode i can fire without problems, but the turret doesn't rotate at all. As it seems, both the 0, 5, 2 and . keys on the numberpad seem to be harcoded into KSP controls. 0 and . change between the staging and docking mode, and 5 and 2 control the camera.

The blue IFF is missing:

I haven't been able to find the blue IFF.

I hope that you find this information useful :D Thanks for creating this amazing mod InfiniteDice.

Edited by Uburian

Oh, sweet, release day. Excellent. Yet again, though, there's a huge issue.

InfiniteDice, can you please for the love of all things holy upload a .pdf version of the documentation? Google Docs and Firefox do NOT get along and yet again I'm forced into this blind as a bat because I cannot read the documentation. Firefox just floods my ram, gets to 1.6gb or so, and freezes.

Just got done fiddling with it. Built an APC. What I've noted so far:

The tank turret is enormous. Maybe I'm just so used to building cars scarcely as wide as a Poodle engine, but this thing is huge. Pretty sweet though. The 30mm hurt as well, my APC has some pretty steeply(~80 degrees) sloped MkI armor plates on it and the 30mm penetrates without trying. Pretty neat stuff. Liking the parts so far. Just wish there was a smaller caliber tank turret...something for R2 I imagine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.