[1.0.4] Smart Parts v1.6.6 | DDS Textures and Bug Fixes | July 5

Firov

Edit: Never mind the original post, I deleted the plug-in and re-installed. All is well.

I want to add a loop/infinite cycle option to the timer to save on parts though, let me see if I can do it tomorrow.

Edited by ginsuguy585

• 2 weeks later...

I consider this a brilliant mod. If only it wasn't required to use a new part for every action.

An example:

At 25 km going upward, remove a shroud and extend airbrakes.

at 10 km going downward, a dragshute deploys

at 2 km going downward, normal shutes deploy

Each of those now requires a smartpart.

I would applaud the option to add several actions and conditions to just 1 part.

@Sobanaut: Pretty sure that is an issue with KSPAPIExtenstions.

Can you search your GameData and make sure you only have one copy of it present please?

D.

I had the same problem... but only with the Drainex smart part... and when I checked I found 6 versions of that DLL in various mod folders.

I removed the extras but found that the Drainex still wouldn't let me select which action group to use. I have action groups extended and actions everywhere installed along with smart parts (and a bunch of other mods). I'm in the process of trying to pare down my install to see if I can find the culprit but at the moment it's only Drainex that is not letting me select the action group. Altitude, Timer and Remote are all working fine with action groups.

EDIT: Well it looks like it's a bug with mixing Smart Parts with Action Groups Extended... but only with Drainex. I did a pure versions of KSP and added Smart Parts and AGE and the Drainex Part fails to show the slider for the action group number. This is with AGExt 1.33a and Smart Parts 1.6.6 tested with a clean install of KSP 1.0.4 and ModuleManager.

Showing the missing number selector on the Drainex.... ... and the number selector included correctly on the altimeter part

k5IwoEp.png4b2Sibo.png

Edited by NeoMorph

I adore this mod, but it recently came to me that a part to activate action groups when you enter/exit direct sunlight would be amazing for night-time only lights, keeping control of probes with scarce electriccharge at night and retracting useless solar panels.

@dtobi and Firov,

Excellent job, thanks a lot for this mod!

I adore this mod, but it recently came to me that a part to activate action groups when you enter/exit direct sunlight would be amazing for night-time only lights, keeping control of probes with scarce electriccharge at night and retracting useless solar panels.

Great idea there. I would love to see this implemented.

• 2 weeks later...
The Drainex1 fires when a resource gets below a set value. Dtobi and Firov, could you (pretty please) create a Drainex2 which fires when a resource/tank gets above than a set value?

Wouldn't that be called the 'Fullex1'? Or 'Fillex1'?

Newnard, it doesn't glitch out, throw errors or crash the game, but some of the parts are unreliable, especially when activating on ships not in focus (ex: jettisoned boosters)

I don't know if this is a problem having to do with 1.0.5 particularly, because it did that in a previous version too (at least for me)

• 3 weeks later...

Everything should be fine in 1.05 I believe.

I'm not aware of any changes in 1.0.5 to parts of the game these parts work with so everything should be good.

Well, the same as on 1.0.4 anyway.

@igor_perusco If you can me me more details on what "unreliable" means (or steps to reproduce) I'm almost at the point I can take a break from my own mods and look at releasing a patch if needed.

D.

I wasn't sure where to ask but seeing as there is a fuel dump in this pack. I wanted to see if it was possible to make a part that would dump water. The idea is for fire fighting aircraft flying over dumping water. Not really useful but might make for cool videos.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think this is updated to use the most recent KSpapiextensions.dll , when  i tried it the game hung on the small low altimeter, i think, with a debug message about not seeing kspapiextensions 1.7 or something, when i do have kspapiextensions, the most recent, and mods that require it, and the other mods that require it work fine.

8 hours ago, WuphonsReach said:

I'd like a version of the Alt-PRO that supports values > 1000m (5000m AGL would be nice as an upper end).  Coming back to Kerbin, I like drogue chutes at around 5000m and regular chutes at 1500m.

you need to toggle the part tweakable from m to km

So, practical uses of the Alt-PRO in KSP 1.0.5.  For my return capsules, I've settled on the following:

Trigger #1 - 3km AGL (above ground level) on descent turns on trigger group 9

• Deploys drogue parachutes (tweaked to open fully at 2500m)

Trigger #2 - 1km AGL on descent triggers group 8

• Cuts drogue parachutes
  • Deploys main parachutes (tweaked to open fully at 900m)

Seems to work well enough on Kerbin, even when landing in the highlands.  If I don't have drogues yet, I'll put half the chutes to open at 900m and the other half to open at 400m.

Edited by WuphonsReach

I do wish that the ALT-Pro was less expensive (maybe 300-450 funds instead of 1250).  I typically use multiple on each vessel:

Abort - ascent-only, 65km, not-AGL mode -- triggers discarding of any fairings, activates an omni-directional antenna (RemoteTech), extends any solar panels and radiators

Action Group 10 (key '0' on the keyboard) - descent-only, 65km, not-AGL mode -- puts the craft into reentry configuration.  That retracts any solar panels, radiators, antennas or any other bits that stick out.  It also tells MechJeb2 to orient the craft retrograde and hold it there during the descent.  If I have a service trunk attached below the heatshield, that gets ejected as well.

Action Group 9 - descent-only, 3km, AGL-mode! -- deploys drogue chute(s) which are set to open at 2500m AGL.  Even when landing in the mountains of Kerbin, I'm always below 500 m/s and the drogue chutes will drop me to 150-250 m/s very quickly.  I will also jettison the heat shield at 3km.  It also disables all MJ2 control of the vessel's orientation.

Action Group 8 - descent-only, 1km, AGL-mode -- cuts the drogue chutes, deploys the main parachutes (that open at 900m AGL), deploys any airbags, float devices, landing legs.  Given that I tend to land in hilly terrain sometimes, I have enough airbags (from USI) that will stop the craft from rolling around, or at least keep it from being damaged on a tip-over event.

So, far, that seems to be a very reliable set of use cases for the ALT-Pro, with the downside that I have to fit four of them on each vessel (5000 funds).  Launch is basically hands-off and the vessel is ready to go once it reaches orbit.  Landing is also hands-off once I change the Pe to 40-45km.

Yey, i have found it! I had this mod installed in my 1.0.4 KSP but i uninstalled all my mods for a fresh start in 1.0.5 and then i forgot what this mod was called so i couldn't download it again. But now i can.

Amazingly useful mod.