[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

I think there is a problem with tweaking decoupler / seperators and disabling staging. Not sure if it's tweakable everything as no errors are thrown, but it seems that by disabling staging on these parts they like to spontaneously stage when switching to the vessel from another.

FYI, TweakableEngineFairings currently breaks BaconLabs Auriga Service Shroud & Adapter shroud jettisoning.

Also, bundled ModuleManager needs to be updated (or deleted).

Edit: That BaconLabs part wasn't working for me (clicking on part in VAB showed no "jettison" buttons at all) untill I changed

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleJettison]]:FOR[TweakableEverything]

in TweakableEngineFairings.cfg to

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleJettison],!MODULE[ModuleDecoupler]]:FOR[TweakableEverything]

... That's on "clean" install. Go figure.

Edited by cipherpunks

FYI, TweakableEngineFairings currently breaks BaconLabs Auriga Service Shroud & Adapter shroud jettisoning.

Also, bundled ModuleManager needs to be updated (or deleted)

Edit: That BaconLabs part wasn't working for me (clicking on part in VAB showed no "jettison" buttons at all) untill I changed

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleJettison]]:FOR[TweakableEverything]

in TweakableEngineFairings.cfg to

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleJettison],!MODULE[ModuleDecoupler]]:FOR[TweakableEverything]

... That's on "clean" install. Go figure.

Believe me, that ain't Tweakable Everything, that's definitely BaconLabs causing the issue.

Gristle, I have a theory about what might be going on there. I have been getting an inkling that, since 1.0, Squad (or some other mod, perhaps) is forcibly activating parts in "already used" stages when vessels load. Since I'm not actually telling the decouplers that they are unable to fire, and someone is circumventing my logic by calling force_activate, staging-disabled decouplers in "already activated" stages get fired during load.

Again, that's a theory. I haven't been able to test it at all yet. If it is the problem, you might be able to work around it by putting all of your decouplers in the very top stage before you disable them.

cipherpunks, if you're not using using the dev build from post 700, please see if that solves your issue. If not, please provide logs and reproduction steps. :)

SaintWacko, see if this does what you're looking for:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]|@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleStagingToggle
defaultDisabled = false
activeInFlight = true
activeInEditor = true
}
}

I've actually been wanting that myself recently; I'll probably pack it in by default in the next release.

curtquarquesso, thanks for the assist. :)

One more dev build; this one hopes to solve some premature decopulation issues, based entirely on guesswork.

[zip] [tar.gz] [tar.xz]

If you have issues with spontaneous decoupling, please a) try this build, B) a log (Windows: \path\to\KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt; Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log; Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log), and c) provide detailed reproduction steps.

cipherpunks, if you're not using using the dev build from post 700, please see if that solves your issue. If not, please provide logs and reproduction steps. :)
toadicus, yes I was exactly on that build (just to be sure).

Reproduction steps are easy - place the Auriga service module, place that part beneath it, right-click in VAB or launch; result: no "jettison" commands available in menu. Workaround: use AGX - it sees 3 "jettison" actions as it should. KSP.log.xz (I did revert in the end)

I'm noticing that tweakableeverything is doing something wierd with staging when a heatshield is present.

With a basic setup like this (I have the mouse at the heatshield to make the fairing transparent), you can replace the I-beams with whatever you want actually:

screenshot9_zpscutg1jzy.png

there are two methods of reproducing.

Method 1

1.Launch said ship, the staging should look like this:

screenshot10_zps4ix7ahgl.png

2. Go on EVA and return, the decoupler stage will merge into the stage below it.

screenshot11_zpsreew10ly.png

Method 2:

1. Make a basic setup like above.

2. Remove something (besides the engine or tank).

3. Then undo your action and the staging will screw up.

I tested in pure stock to see if it was a stock bug and stock doesn't do this behavior.

Output log: http://sta.sh/02efnk76el13

I'm using your dev build from the 26th.

Edit: To add to this, if you place a decoupler under a heatshield, remove it and place it back (don't need to delete part), it'll create an extra empty stage.

screenshot9_zpsq8fpkpi8.png

Edited by smjjames

One more dev build; this one hopes to solve some premature decopulation issues, based entirely on guesswork.

[zip] [tar.gz] [tar.xz]

If you have issues with spontaneous decoupling, please a) try this build, B) a log (Windows: \path\to\KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt; Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log; Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log), and c) provide detailed reproduction steps.

This seems to have fixed the decouple issue. I loaded my ship with the staging disabled on a coupler into a new sandbox game and launched it. With this dev build I was able to switch back and forth to this vessel several times over a couple of game loads. I then removed this dev version and installed the current version on CKAN. As soon as I switched to the test vessel the stage separated.

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 1.11.6! This version brings various fixes and a couple new "Extras" cfg patches.

CHANGELOG:

v.1.11.6 [2015-06-06]
* EXTRAS: Now bundling two extra .cfg files, which may be copied in to GameData for people who want them.
* TweakableStaging: No longer trying to reposition decouplers based on their part's offset, because it was causing unexpected behavior.
* TweakableDecouplers: Fixed an issue where parts with staging disabled would spontaneously decouple when loaded.
* TweakableEngineFairings: Fixed to more accurately track whether or not fairings/shrouds should be present, especially when loading jettisoned parts.
* TweakableDockingNode: Fixed to avoid upsetting the universe when starting up a docking node that had previously been used as a decoupler.

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 1.11.6! This version brings various fixes and a couple new "Extras" cfg patches.

CHANGELOG:

v.1.11.6 [2015-06-06]
* EXTRAS: Now bundling two extra .cfg files, which may be copied in to GameData for people who want them.
* TweakableStaging: No longer trying to reposition decouplers based on their part's offset, because it was causing unexpected behavior.
* TweakableDecouplers: Fixed an issue where parts with staging disabled would spontaneously decouple when loaded.
* TweakableEngineFairings: Fixed to more accurately track whether or not fairings/shrouds should be present, especially when loading jettisoned parts.
* TweakableDockingNode: Fixed to avoid upsetting the universe when starting up a docking node that had previously been used as a decoupler.

That would explain why things were freaking out after I set a docking port as a decoupler in an attempt to unconfuse mechjeb.

Well, not horribly, just spitting out an error every time I return from EVA and glitching every second or third EVA.

I think this change is conflicting with one of the features of Ven's Stock Parts Revamp. The small engines in VSPR have an additional adapter added when attached to a larger-diameter fuel tank, but after updating TE the adapter is missing, so there is a small gap in between the engine and fuel tank.

OneRaven, I've never used that mod, but I'm clobbering a lot of the stock functionality, so if they're using some feature that Squad's parts don't, I'm not too surprised. I'll take a look soon.

curtquarquesso, I'm using it in my career save fwiw. ;) I'm pretty confident that I've sorted all the issues to do with 1.0 update items that were hard to see, and the only issue I'm aware of is the one report by OneRaven.

EngineStagingToggle.cfg will add a "Toggle Staging" switch to all parts with the stock engine modules (so, all stock engines and many mod engines), allowing them to be removed from the staging list. FairingStagingToggle.cfg does the same, but for parts with the stock procedural fairing module (so, all stock payload fairings, and many mod payload fairings).

Edited by toadicus

Something is still wierd with the staging, look what happens when I do this:

screenshot7_zps9vnim1zw.png

*drags the radial decoupler stage above the engine, which is stage 4*

It creates a new blank stage for no evident reason:

screenshot8_zpsom4iawbs.png

I know those aren't stock, but it's reproducible with any radial decoupler that you put tanks onto.

Edit: *notices he took a screenshot of it with fuel lines* It does the same thing with or without fuel lines, just stating that.

place the Auriga service module, place that part beneath it, right-click in VAB or launch; result: no "jettison" commands available in menu.
This seems to be fixed with last build, thank You.

Staging gets messed up every time, though. I can't describe it easily, but I hope You see the situation from earlier posts above, no?

OvermindDL1, what are the "base and building phases"? Please provide a full log after a run of the game that exhibits the problem.

Thanks!

Primarily I notice it occur when I am building a craft and choose one of the items, perhaps it is trying to process something before it is ready?

I uploaded the log to http://overminddl1.com/Kerbal/KSP.log.201506101832.tar.gz and the only relevent lines I find are:

[FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000][EXC 18:22:04.437] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object[/COLOR]
TweakableEverything.ModuleTweakableJettison.LateUpdate ()
[/FONT]
[FONT=monospace]

Primarily I notice it occur when I am building a craft and choose one of the items, perhaps it is trying to process something before it is ready?

I uploaded the log to http://overminddl1.com/Kerbal/KSP.log.201506101832.tar.gz and the only relevent lines I find are:

[FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000][EXC 18:22:04.437] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object[/COLOR]
TweakableEverything.ModuleTweakableJettison.LateUpdate ()
[/FONT]

I've actually seen that with a few engines. It happens when I take out the Advanced Liquid Fuel Booster (2.5m), an orange and white booster from Novapunch, and with the Bearcat Series Two 5x Launch Engine, a big 5m engine also from Novapunch. Neither of them have fairings. I'll look really quick if there are others, but those two are the only ones that I saw.

Edit: It's just those two parts from Novapunch as far as I can tell.

Edit2: Oh output log, give me a min.

edit3: Output log: http://sta.sh/0w5jsx44r6o

Edited by smjjames

I've actually seen that with a few engines. It happens when I take out the Advanced Liquid Fuel Booster (2.5m), an orange and white booster from Novapunch, and with the Bearcat Series Two 5x Launch Engine, a big 5m engine also from Novapunch. Neither of them have fairings. I'll look really quick if there are others, but those two are the only ones that I saw.

Edit: It's just those two parts from Novapunch as far as I can tell.

Edit2: Oh output log, give me a min.

edit3: Output log: http://sta.sh/0w5jsx44r6o

It is not really a big issue, I am just reporting all exceptions that I find to all mod authors as NPE's (NRE's in .NET parlance? I am a C++/Java dev by trade) tends to indicate a bug and even if it only happens once it can still have lasting effects, thus I am quite allergic to exceptions as I believe all developers should be. :-)