[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

Have you tried deleting the DMagic contracts straight from your save file? If not, give it a go. If you have editted the file... then I hope the mod update comes soon for you, haha.

Well I removed the missions. But I have not booted up the game yet. Having fun in Minecraft right now.

Version 1.0.3 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

This release fixes the contract issues with KSP 1.0.2 and updates the aerodynamic and thermodynamic properties of the parts. Community Tech Tree support was also added back, assuming nothing major changes before the next version of CTT is actually released.

Any suggestions for mounting the magnetometer inside the instrument bay? I can't find an orientation that would let it extend without it clipping into stuff.

Mount it on something else inside of the bay, find a small structural part (though I know those can be hard to find early in the tech tree). I really wish those parts had some kind of mounting part in the middle, or maybe a divider you could toggle.

Mount it on something else inside of the bay, find a small structural part (though I know those can be hard to find early in the tech tree). I really wish those parts had some kind of mounting part in the middle, or maybe a divider you could toggle.

Wouldn't it just be easier to use your awesome mod, in conjunction with universal storage?

Mount it on something else inside of the bay, find a small structural part (though I know those can be hard to find early in the tech tree).

Yeah, that's the tricky part.

Wouldn't it just be easier to use your awesome mod, in conjunction with universal storage?

I'm not using life support and fuel cells are stock now so I'm skipping US this time.

I'm not using life support and fuel cells are stock now so I'm skipping US this time.

I dont use life support either, the nice thing though is all the Dmagic science tools, have wedges for US, works so well, the little door opens, out come magnetomer boom and then suck it back in and its shielded.

Magnetometer has a high temp threshold (3500).

Not anymore. :cool:

Pretty much everything was knocked down to 1200, with a few at 1400 and the solar particle collector at 2000.

As for the placement of the magnetometers, you can place them on the floor (or the roof, well, either surface) of the utility container and set them at an angle. That's what I did anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

You could just remove the fuel cells and LS parts from US.

As for the placement of the magnetometers, you can place them on the floor (or the roof, well, either surface) of the utility container and set them at an angle. That's what I did anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

You could just remove the fuel cells and LS parts from US.

exactly

Not anymore. :cool:

Pretty much everything was knocked down to 1200, with a few at 1400 and the solar particle collector at 2000.

Oh, well ...., that's not going to be good for the ship currently in orbit. :D

I'm having trouble with contracts. Examples: I have contracts to complete orbital survey's of Mun and Minmus right now. I'm playing right now so let me give you what I think might be part of the issue??

I'm in orbit around minmus, the contract parameter is to take a "magnetometer scan data from High Orbit" (also one for low orbit). When I log the data the report says "Magnetometer scan while in space high over minmus". I took a quick save and tried xmitting (contract parameter did NOT complete) then I reloaded and returned the probe to kerbin's surface and recovred it and still the contract did not complete.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the "high above" vs "high orbit" and if something has changed in 1.0 contract parameters?

I'm also having a similar issue but have applied the 1.0.3 update. Prior to 1.0.3 I couldn't even accept the orbital contracts. Now after getting 1.0.3 and accepting orbital contract for Magnetometer, Orbital Telescope, and Mystery Goo in Low Orbit around the Mun they aren't completing when I'm about 6000 meters above the Mun. It does say "Just above the Mun's <biome>" in the science report each time I perform one of them vs "low orbit from the mun". I tried finding where "Just above the Mun's <biome>" went away and it wasn't until I was about 60km out.

Is this still broken or am I doing something wrong? Wouldn't think low orbit would be any closer.

I'm having trouble with contracts. Examples: I have contracts to complete orbital survey's of Mun and Minmus right now. I'm playing right now so let me give you what I think might be part of the issue??

I'm in orbit around minmus, the contract parameter is to take a "magnetometer scan data from High Orbit" (also one for low orbit). When I log the data the report says "Magnetometer scan while in space high over minmus". I took a quick save and tried xmitting (contract parameter did NOT complete) then I reloaded and returned the probe to kerbin's surface and recovred it and still the contract did not complete.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the "high above" vs "high orbit" and if something has changed in 1.0 contract parameters?

I'm also having a similar issue but have applied the 1.0.3 update. Prior to 1.0.3 I couldn't even accept the orbital contracts. Now after getting 1.0.3 and accepting orbital contract for Magnetometer, Orbital Telescope, and Mystery Goo in Low Orbit around the Mun they aren't completing when I'm about 6000 meters above the Mun. It does say "Just above the Mun's <biome>" in the science report each time I perform one of them vs "low orbit from the mun". I tried finding where "Just above the Mun's <biome>" went away and it wasn't until I was about 60km out.

Is this still broken or am I doing something wrong? Wouldn't think low orbit would be any closer.

Just took a trip out to Mun (science sandbox) with the multi-spectral imaging platform and the orbital telescope and transmitted back data for every biome from low orbit. When I came back to Kerbin, I got none of the science points for those transmissions. I did get the science points from the solar particle collector, however, which I brought back to Kerbin safely. Could the problem be on a more basic level than just contracts? It seems that transmitted data doesn't 'take' in general...

Edited by greystork

The science must be transmitted and must have some value left. If there isn't enough value left you will have to return the results to Kerbin.

Did you see a message like this after transmission? This is what happens when the results don't have enough science value left to count. This generally only happens when you conduct science after an orbital survey contract is offered, but before you actually accept it.

cxkybSq.png

Just took a trip out to Mun (science sandbox) with the multi-spectral imaging platform and the orbital telescope and transmitted back data for every biome from low orbit. When I came back to Kerbin, I got none of the science points for those transmissions. I did get the science points from the solar particle collector, however, which I brought back to Kerbin safely. Could the problem be on a more basic level than just contracts? It seems that transmitted data doesn't 'take' in general...

Do you mean in the vessel recovery window after you land? That isn't supposed to show science that was transmitted during flight, it only shows science that was present in the vessel when it was recovered.

Do you mean in the vessel recovery window after you land?

No, I simply did not get the science points for the transmits. The points I ended up having did not add up to what I had transmitted. This was the first time I used those two science instruments in Mun orbit.

Ok hold the fort - there is now KSP 1.0.3?

No, the orbital science mod is version 1.0.3, which may be a bit confusing.

Edited by greystork

No, I simply did not get the science points for the transmits. The points I ended up having did not add up to what I had transmitted. This was the first time I used those two science instruments in Mun orbit.

Transmission worked fine for me in science sandbox. Can you check the debug log while transmitting science? It will show a message whenever science is received.

Something like:

[Research & Development]: +50 data on Seismic Scan from LaunchPad. +2.7 Science Added. Subject value is 0.59

Transmission worked fine for me in science sandbox. Can you check the debug log while transmitting science? It will show a message whenever science is received.

Something like:

[Research & Development]: +50 data on Seismic Scan from LaunchPad. +2.7 Science Added. Subject value is 0.59

I'm having the exact same issue of science not saving when transmitted. (KSP 1.0.2 and Orbital science 1.0.3).

In my case it was the orbital telescope, however it also seems to do it with EVA reports so it looks like it may not be a orbital science problem. I can complete them, transmit to 100% and with science alert on, alerts me instantly after the antenna has stored itself to do the experiment again. The Science is never recorded.

Where can I find the log?

Fantastic mod, btw.