[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

Dmagic, you said I could run the Mag and RPWS in high then low orbits (as the mission states) and they should turn green. I ran the magnetometer at 700K above the Mun and it did not complete the mission parameter. Was I too high (pot joke here)? Or what?

I'm getting errors on game startup.

LOG 20:38:33.900] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'DMagic Orbital Science/ProbeScience/ASERT/ASERT/dmASERT'
[ERR 20:38:33.905] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience/ASERT/modelASERT' as model does not exist

[ERR 20:38:33.905] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 20:38:33.905] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 20:38:33.905] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 20:38:33.905] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'DMagic Orbital Science/ProbeScience/GoreSat/GoreSat/dmGoreSat'
[ERR 20:38:33.905] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience/GoreSat/modelGoreSat' as model does not exist

[LOG 20:38:33.905] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'DMagic Orbital Science/ProbeScience/ImagingPlatform/ImagingPlatform/dmImagingPlatform'
[ERR 20:38:33.905] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience/ImagingPlatform/modelImaging' as model does not exist

The errors come up for all the probe and rover science parts.

I'm using KSP_64 on a linux system.

Install is stock 0.90 with DMagic_Orbital_Science-0.9.2 and Universal_Storage-1.0.90.2 as the only mods added.

Following on from the part loading problem I've found a problem in game.

I have the US versions of the SC9001jr, Mystery Goo and the Magnetometer available in the VAB but I do not have the standalone version of the magnetometer. My tech level is 4 ( but maybe not all of 4 )

Each of the US modules renders as an empty unit and while the part context menu has the action options - like extend the magnetometer - they do nothing.

Although I can put them onto a spaceship and launch it, the game goes funny after I've reached about 6000m - is this connected? launches without the parts are not a problem.

I'm getting errors on game startup.

Fix your installation location. You can see the mismatch between the actual folder (with spaces) and the folder the PartLoader is checking in for the models (no spaces). The latest version must be installed from scratch using the folders included in the installation package.

Fix your installation location. You can see the mismatch between the actual folder (with spaces) and the folder the PartLoader is checking in for the models (no spaces). The latest version must be installed from scratch using the folders included in the installation package.

Thankyou,

Was being a bit stupid ! I had extracted the zip into a holding location rather than the KSP install tree at GameData and had not spotted the added spaces before copying the files across. A change from an earlier version, yes ?

All now working properly again.

Version 1.0 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff

This update adds Universal Storage versions of the Imaging Platform and Soil Moisture Sensor (a baby version :kiss:), which completes all of the Universal Storage probe parts.

Many changes have been made to contracts along with bug fixes to the anomaly scanner, asteroid sensor and several other minor issues.

You probably want to finish any existing contracts before updating, the standard survey contracts should be fine, but any other DMagic contracts will have problems, though you should still be able to finish them. Surface and biological activity surveys have been changed to use the FinePrint waypoint system, Module Manager is needed for these to be added.

Loads of new science results have been added for all of the completed (those with full biome maps) Outer Planets Mod planets and moons, and for the RSS planets, mainly for use with RP-0.

An alternate version with dds textures can be downloaded from Kerbal Stuff. It replaces all of the part textures with .dds format textures, this requires [thread=96729]Sarbian's DDS Loader[/thread] to work and you must delete any existing installations to avoid having textures loaded twice.

Check the first post for the complete change log and additional download links and info.

Surface and biological activity surveys have been changed to use the FinePrint waypoint system

what does this exactly mean? are they now like the stock survey contracts? :(

Edit: Ok, I've read the full changelog now. I'm sad about it, because I really don't like the waypoint system and I used this mod to not have to do the stock surveys. any chance to get "yours" back in?

But thanks anyways for your work :)

Edited by acc

Do you know what could be causing DMagic to spam this error when I load a craft with the anomaly scanner or pull an anomaly scanner out of the parts inventory in SPH/VAB? Doesn't happen in flight.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at DMagic.Part_Modules.DMAnomalyScanner.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I grabbed the 1.0 DMagic science DDS update, that's the only thing that I can think of that could cause it. Or maybe it's the map resource overlay.

Edit: I checked the other science parts and only the Anomalous Signal Sensor generates the exception.

Edited by smjjames

Fellow kerbonauts. Could anybody explain me how to use ASERT science modules?

I've put 2 crafts to an E class asteroid right on the opposite sides. Each craft has ASERT module. Both modules have status: Experiment Ready. However, when pressing "Scan Asteroid Interior" I receive an error to the log:

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

output_log has the following entry for this:

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at DMagic.Part_Modules.DMAsteroidScanner.registerDMScience (DMagic.DMAsteroidScience newAst, .ScienceSubject sub) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DMagic.Part_Modules.DMAsteroidScanner.makeScience (Single dist, .ModuleAsteroid m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DMagic.Part_Modules.DMAsteroidScanner.runExperiment (Single distance, .ModuleAsteroid m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DMagic.Part_Modules.DMAsteroidScanner.DeployExperiment () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

What am I doing wrong?

UPD:

Similar error for Mini Goo Containment Pod when trying to observe it.

NB:

Both crafts are attached to the asteroid with Advanced Grabbing Unit.

Edited by Horus
NB

This is a sandbox save?

I guess I didn't take that into account. The Scenario Module isn't being added when in Sandbox mode, so it's freaking out when it tries to conduct asteroid science, several other parts will also have problems.

I'll see about fixing this later tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Ah... yes. Forgot to mention that this is sandbox. I guess it might be not worth fixing since science is not generated in sandbox.

Yeah, I'll probably hold off on fixing this until there is something else that needs updating too.

Love your mod/addon

however i'm not getting any science prompts and no collection of said science

I'll need more information. Logs, game type, if any science works, etc...

For some reason the mod has broken the game. I cant collect any science.

Which is odd as it was working last week.

What info do you need to fix this?

How do I do a log thingy?

- - - Updated - - -

The file at fault seems to be the ScienceDefs file. Remove that and the science buttons appear.

So what is the ScienceDefs file conflicting with.

Any incompatible mods?