[1.8.x] DMagic Orbital Science: New Science Parts [v1.4.3] [11/2/2019]

DMagic

I'm a little late to the party, with the Multispectral Imaging Platform mods, can we actually get different images of the planets in KSP in different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum exported to our hard drives or something?

I see images of the SATSCAN mod on the wiki, so it exports.. I was wondering if some of these other mod packs that do other imaging actually do anything useful or is it just like "gathering science points" in-game, with no real useful output of anything?

So the contracts added by this mod often refer to low orbit vs high orbit, but they never give any numbers.

Is there some obvious piece of documentation I'm missing?

High/Low Orbits are just different biome in the eyes of KSP, separated by an altitude limit that is different from body to body.

Check the wiki here for the border line altitude between the two.

hey DMagic, where can i find a link to your latest update? ive been looking and i see post's that imply there's the fixed downloadlink below but i don't see any or i can only find earlier versions that still had the science experiment results issue. (right now im using 0.8.6.1) which is the latest one i find to work for me but i would really like those extra science modules :D

and if your looking for ideas for science i think a Geiger counter would be very useful :)

- - - Updated - - -

i DID just notice something weird with the Curse website, it says that the most recent update of your mod uploaded to curse is 0.9.1.1, but everytime i download it, the version file in the zip says 0.9.1.0??

is this just me? it seems from the other posts on here everyone else got theirs to work from that update but it keeps only giving me the version just prior to your fix, even tho it says, 0.9.1.1 :'(

Do they show with a new career mode game after you installed the mod?

Just tried starting a new career, finished the first few sets of missions and again the only Dmagic missions are temperature and surface scans.

I'm just reporting that the optical telescope seems to be using the generic reports for Kerbins tundra and shores because I've gotten the "scattered boulders in these regions suggest that they may be the weathered remains of large asteroid impacts" for both of those biomes.

For a while, when I had this mod, my other scientific gadgets (mystery goo, science jr, etc) wouldn't function; this is similar to the way that when you take a scientific measurement where the tool does not function (like using a atmospheric pressure scan in space, accelerometer off the ground, or temperature scan in high orbit) the tool would no longer function. Has this been fixed with the latest update to this mod?

Just tried starting a new career, finished the first few sets of missions and again the only Dmagic missions are temperature and surface scans.

All of the contracts have a requirements before they will be offered; most are fairly simple, reach orbit, escape Kerbin's SOI, etc...

I'm just reporting that the optical telescope seems to be using the generic reports for Kerbins tundra and shores because I've gotten the "scattered boulders in these regions suggest that they may be the weathered remains of large asteroid impacts" for both of those biomes.

There are lots of situations and biomes that don't have reports made specifically for them. Doing otherwise would require hundreds more science reports.

For a while, when I had this mod, my other scientific gadgets (mystery goo, science jr, etc) wouldn't function; this is similar to the way that when you take a scientific measurement where the tool does not function (like using a atmospheric pressure scan in space, accelerometer off the ground, or temperature scan in high orbit) the tool would no longer function. Has this been fixed with the latest update to this mod?

This was never an issues with this addon. It was always something else adding duplicate science experiment definitions. As long as nothing does that you'll be fine.

Can anyone tell me approximately how long the orbital experiment that go on the rack I.e. the micrometeor and others take to complete? I want to have enough life support to run a few with my first orbit. Thanks in advance!

Can anyone tell me approximately how long the orbital experiment that go on the rack I.e. the micrometeor and others take to complete? I want to have enough life support to run a few with my first orbit. Thanks in advance!

Depends on whether you're talking about the SCANsat scanning stuff or the rest. For the rest of them, it's either instant or a few seconds while the animation is going. Same for the micrometeor array, despite the name of the tech, it's instant like every other experiment which doesn't have a short animation running before the results pop up.

- - - Updated - - -

Longest one is 6 hours (1 Kerbin day)

Uh, are we talking about the same experiment? I don't even need to wait for it to produce results, though I open it anyway once I get into space.

i just wanted to say "thanky you very much" for this very awesome, helpfull and beautifull sciencepack. it adds a lot diversity to KSP reagrding science and exploration.

here a Voyager 1 replica. mods used: Infernal robotics, Tweakscale, AIES, Tantares and DMagic Orbital Science :cool:

edit: i have one question: does the magnetoemeterboom have a value for a shifting Center of mass? because after extending it, Voyager 1 becames unstable for spinning. but there was no change of CoM in the VAB

KgrjAEy.png

Edited by Darth Lazarus

i just wanted to say "thanky you very much" for this very awesome, helpfull and beautifull sciencepack. it adds a lot diversity to KSP reagrding science and exploration.

here a Voyager 1 replica. mods used: Infernal robotics, Tweakscale, AIES, Tantares and DMagic Orbital Science :cool:

edit: i have one question: does the magnetoemeterboom have a value for a shifting Center of mass? because after extending it, Voyager 1 becames unstable for spinning. but there was no change of CoM in the VAB

http://i.imgur.com/KgrjAEy.png

TweakScale causes many issues atm