Mk3 Refit Project: Beta Release

Nazari1382

Interesting pics - not sure any of those parts are from this pack though? I know that nosecone isn't, because the Mk3 Refit nosecone is super pretty, and I use it in almost all my planes now :)

Edit: Nazari posted saying it wasn't right before me - derp. :)

That's the old texture but the same nosecone (last pic only)

On the topic of nosecones, I really liked the nosecone in the KSO, with the little hinged door with a docking clamp behind it. A similar cone with that would be kinda cool. :)

Any idea on when the next release of the Mk3 refit will come out? You're one of my 'check daily' bookmarks for KSP ;)

Interesting extension to the stock MK3. Is the stock MK3 going away though? Anyway, I had a chance to try it out. I think one thing that would be helpful is an attachment node at the back of the crew cabin extender so that you have a place to put the fuselage section as well as an additional node to make it easier to attach a docking port or other part. Also, docking ports that don't trigger the radial attachment, like those on the KSO, would be helpful. Right now it's a nightmare for me to attach anything into the payload bay. May I also suggest using FSanimateGeneric from Firespitter so you can close the doors in VAB/SPH? I also think an integrated docking port fuselage section would be helpful. And lastly, would it be possible to make an adapter and cargo bay that can fit 2.5m parts? That would really be nice.

I hope these suggestions help, kudos for you for breathing new life into a little used stock part. :)

Edited by Angel-125

• 4 weeks later...
Just curious how this is coming along?

**(Beta 2)**

* Experimental Docking Port Nosecone

* Experimental Shuttle Tail

* Mk3 Extended Fuel Tank

* Mk3 Refit Cockpit (A non-Squad version that won't be affected by the 0.25 patch)

* - Fixed smoothing and collision for Rear Tank.

* - added texture changes by Lack (bulkhead doors & window tint)

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/188/The%20Mk3%20Refit%20Project

Just curious how this is coming along?
**(Beta 2)**

* Experimental Docking Port Nosecone

* Experimental Shuttle Tail

* Mk3 Extended Fuel Tank

* Mk3 Refit Cockpit (A non-Squad version that won't be affected by the 0.25 patch)

* - Fixed smoothing and collision for Rear Tank.

* - added texture changes by Lack (bulkhead doors & window tint)

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/188/The%20Mk3%20Refit%20Project

That's the best way to answer that question, I think.

Also, while I'm here, can you make Mk3 to 2m parts less ridiculous? Building a Shuttle with this mod is pretty difficult because A, the adapter has 2 different size nodes on the back, making any engine placement uneven which means B, I have to do this:

kqQvsuo.jpg

That's the best way to answer that question, I think.

Also, while I'm here, can you make Mk3 to 2m parts less ridiculous? Building a Shuttle with this mod is pretty difficult because A, the adapter has 2 different size nodes on the back, making any engine placement uneven which means B, I have to do this:

Because it isn't meant for 3 1.25m parts. The CoMs are aligned closely enough, especially with Dtobi's shuttle engines, that you can use 2 main engines and the top mount can be your OMS (plans for this later) but I can see how an mk3 Extended to 2.5m looks.

• 3 weeks later...

What I like:

- New textures. Fit right in the .25 scheme.

- That Shuttle wing. Maybe it could have a slightly smaller angle

- Mk3 Cargo bay

- Mk3 Nose cone

What is kinda meh:

-The crew module. Cool idea, but the IVA could be more... professional. Less beer bottles and comfy chairs, more lockers and command seats

-Also I hope that cockpit IVA will be redone

What I don't like:

- Parts are in the wrong categories, Nose cones in control, cargo bays in structural and Crew quarters in command. Might as well have socks in hands and gloves in feet!

- Installing the mod replaced vanilla parts with the new textures. I now have two refit mk3 cockpits. I delete the modded cockpit, it reverts vanilla one back to normal, but now the new parts don't fit.

- The replaced Mk3 fuselage has shrunk. It now has weird spaces between when placed on plane.

- Mk3 to mk2 adapter has vanished

- Having to add the Crew module behind cockpit in order to make new parts fit.

But I'm sure those will be patched in. Right?

Edited by Las-pen

What is kinda meh:

-The crew module. Cool idea, but the IVA could be more... professional. Less beer bottles and comfy chairs, more lockers and command seats

-Also I hope that cockpit IVA will be redone

What I don't like:

- Parts are in the wrong categories, Nose cones in control, cargo bays in structural and Crew quarters in command. Might as well have socks in hands and gloves in feet!

- Installing the mod replaced vanilla parts with the new textures. I now have two refit mk3 cockpits. I delete the modded cockpit, it reverts vanilla one back to normal, but now the new parts don't fit.

- The replaced Mk3 fuselage has shrunk. It now has weird spaces between when placed on plane.

- Mk3 to mk2 adapter has vanished

- Having to add the Crew module behind cockpit in order to make new parts fit.

But I'm sure those will be patched in. Right?

- RCS nose cone was placed in control because you'll typically want to put rcs ports on after attaching it.

- The whole point of the mod is to give you a replacement for the original mk3. When 0.25 was coming out, I included a stand-alone part in case the standard mk3 was changed. In the future, this mod will only be the new stand-alone part, so people can have the new squad mk3 too if they want.

- the stock fuel tank and adapters were placeholder, and likely messed up by 0.25 now

- crew module is working as intended.

Well, my major gripe with having to stick the crew module every time is that the space could be used to store precious fuel instead of kerbals. Add a fuel/structural adapter and it's fine.

Edited by Las-pen

• 1 month later...
Well, my major gripe with having to stick the crew module every time is that the space could be used to store precious fuel instead of kerbals. Add a fuel/structural adapter and it's fine.

I agree, I'd like the flexibilty of either a crew module or a fuel module for that transition piece.

Glad to see this hasn't been given up on, I still like and use this mod :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.