Mk3 Refit Project: Beta Release

Nazari1382

Maybe...

Updated OP with new download.

It looks like you did but commented it out. May I ask why? Is it simply because it's unfinished?

Anyway, I just had a quick play with these and they're amazing. Tried to make a spaceplane, had CoM/CoT issues and not enough intakes. Ignited rockets too early and spiralled to the ground. 10/10, would try again. Excellent refit, many thanks!

This looks very promising.

This and the spaceplane + mark2 stuff together could really give space planes and shuttles a shot to the arm that they need.

Any insight on what you are currently working on?

This looks very promising.

This and the spaceplane + mark2 stuff together could really give space planes and shuttles a shot to the arm that they need.

Any insight on what you are currently working on?

Apart from an IVA, I'm going to stick to things that are in high demand for mk3 specifically (give feedback here :0) and can't be found in one of the popular shuttle/spaceplane packs.

Apart from an IVA, I'm going to stick to things that are in high demand for mk3 specifically (give feedback here :0) and can't be found in one of the popular shuttle/spaceplane packs.

I just wanted to say that I'm LOVING this! Thank you so much for spending your time to create it. The Mk3 refit Project has a great 'stock' feel too it. I really liked the KSO, but I didn't like how it wasn't really all that modify-able, I couldn't customize it to be 'my shuttle' - it worked best as "The KSO" only (for me, at least.)

For my suggestions - I found myself needing a longer engine module in the back, it would also be great if there were either different arrangements of nodes in the back, or different adapter plates that could go in to allow for different engine arrangements.

I've been using this along with Space Plane Plus, and Space Shuttle Engines, and made some great shuttles - here's some pics! I should also mention that I'm using NEAR.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edits: spelling!

Edited by JorusAton

I've been using this along with Space Plane Plus, and Space Shuttle Engines, and made some great shuttles - here's some pics! I should also mention that I'm using NEAR.

Now that is a nice looking shuttle! Compares favorably to the KSO, in my opinion.

With that said, I'm downloading this pack! Nice job, Nazari.

For my suggestions - I found myself needing a longer engine module in the back, it would also be great if there were either different arrangements of nodes in the back, or different adapter plates that could go in to allow for different engine arrangements.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing them. I think I'll be adding a standard tank to fit in front of the engine mount. It wouldnt be hard to make an adapter with different nodes, but I'm not sure how many arrangements could fit in that space. What were you thinking of?

Nice pics, thanks for sharing them. I think I'll be adding a standard tank to fit in front of the engine mount. It wouldnt be hard to make an adapter with different nodes, but I'm not sure how many arrangements could fit in that space. What were you thinking of?

Maybe one with one large size radial (for Mainsail engines, etc)? The KSO has a nice setup in the back - possibly copy that as well?

Those are the only two arrangements I can think of off the top of my head :) Anyone else...?

I'm really enjoying the shuttle, great work. I had a quick play around with the textures as the blue of the windows was a bit bright on my monitor, used the colour scheme from the cupola for it. Fits in quite nicely with the rest of the colour scheme, I thought.

Gxh9anp.png

Strengthened up the normal maps and made a few other small tweaks as well. Bit of detailing on the cross section, similar to SP+ or B9, might work quite nicely as well.

I'd really like to see a half-lengthed fuselage section (to equal out the engines mount by adding more fuel and overall length), and an extendable docking port, a la Spaceplanes Plus.

Very much agree on an inline docking port! Maybe on top of the extension between the cockpit and the cargobay?

I'd really like to see a half-length fuselage section (to equal out the engines mount by adding more fuel and overall length), and an extendable docking port, a la Spaceplanes Plus.

Just to flesh the above out a bit more:

-The half-length fuselage would help pull the CoM forwards to counter the weight of the engines and engine adapter, and making attaching wings a lot more simple.

-Being able to close/open the cargo bays in the VAB/SPH would be a major plus.

-If it is possible, perhaps lowering the CoM so that adding wings won't make you CoL be way below the CoM marker.

I'll post some photos later.

EDIT:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by sharpspoonful
Photos added

Just to flesh the above out a bit more:

-The half-length fuselage would help pull the CoM forwards to counter the weight of the engines and engine adapter, and making attaching wings a lot more simple.

-Being able to close/open the cargo bays in the VAB/SPH would be a major plus.

-If it is possible, perhaps lowering the CoM so that adding wings won't make you CoL be way below the CoM marker.

Great pics. I've got a half length fuselage to be included soon. The CoM is at the current spot to allow standard engines to line up with it. You might want to try stacking another layer of wings.

Any noteworthy updates?

I've been following this thread with anticipation.

Looking forward to any increase in utility for the mark3 stuff.

There's more stuff in the works. Planning on doing on IVA. Texture improvements and short fuel tank coming. I made a shuttle style tail too but I plan to keep this pack very focused on stuff necessary for mk3 extended.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.