[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

Ok. I haven't exported the scaled space yet. I forgot I needed to do that... :rolleyes:

No problem, normally that's happen when the mod found a wrong .bin for the specified planet.

For exemple, if it read that you call "laythe" for your template and your .bin is set for a duna template, you'll have this ;)

@everyone else: I'm trying to add a new gas giant system instead of a new star. How do I go about that?

Heres a gas giant code

PFBody
{
name=Nameofplanet
templateName=Jool
flightGlobalsIndex=700
}

CelestialBody
{
bodyDescription=Yourdesc

}

Orbit
{
inclination = 2.0
eccentricity = 0.1
semiMajorAxis = 2900000000
LAN = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
referenceBody = Blah
}

for Textures name your texture Insertnamehere_map

Might wanna change the orbit because that gas giant Might be in the sun

Edited by Dooz

Ok, so my gas giant and its moon aren't getting their light from the Sun in map view.

http://i.imgur.com/5zVONxr.png

Well, the sun it's Kerbol or a sun that you create ?

Cause actually, the system get their light only from kerbol.

EDIT : it's also can be because you ot a wrong bump map.

Edited by Sido

Well, the sun it's Kerbol or a sun that you create ?

Cause actually, the system get their light only from kerbol.

EDIT : it's also can be because you ot a wrong bump map.

I have disabled all of the other stars besides Kerbol. I deleted the height map from Rocker as well. The textures for both were exported from Space Engine. Which brings me to my 2nd point: How do I export planet mesh (.bin) files?

I have disabled all of the other stars besides Kerbol. I deleted the height map from Rocker as well. The textures for both were exported from Space Engine. Which brings me to my 2nd point: How do I export planet mesh (.bin) files?

With the scale export button, it generate a .bin a bumpmap and a color map

Also, I made a neutron star, and....

Error updating planet Neutrino

Exception:Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Stack: at PlanetFactory.PlanetFactory.LoadPQS (System.String bodyName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlanetFactory.PlanetFactory+PFBody.UpdateBody () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlanetFactory.PlanetFactory.OnPSystemReady () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I mean exporting a .bin from SE.

Me too, you have a Create Scaled button, you push it, you have a .bin :rolleyes:

Edit : and a bump map, and a color map

Edit 2 : wait ... SE ? Space Engine ? but you can't export meshes from space engine :huh:

Stack: at PlanetFactory.PlanetFactory.LoadPQS (System.String bodyName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlanetFactory.PlanetFactory+PFBody.UpdateBody () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlanetFactory.PlanetFactory.OnPSystemReady () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

That's the same error I'm having!

Also, the star spawns inside Kerbin. Turns out, I shouldn't make the GeeASL=300.14, since it is a 6km object, so its SOI was infinity km.

There's a great well explained video on the first page of this thread which can give you all the details you need to create your own solar system.

if you've got a problem, then you'll made something wrong.

:)

I watched the video, made it exactly the way it showed, when I tried to add a moon to my planet, the moon wasn't working, I added something from one of the moons from the senator systems I think and it worked.

But I had the planet and moons templates as Minmus, so I changed the planets template to Duna and the moons template to mun, and now neither work, they look like the template and I go right through their surface. I can give a download of the system if you want to look through it. I'd just have to find a site that does that.

Edit: my communications network around kerbin and the mun and my space stations vanished, idk if that's from planet factory or not.

Edited by Deadpangod3

Quick note: What units do 'semiMajorAxis' and 'Radius' use in the configs?

@sido: sorry for my rudeness

You're welcome, i'm french i got a lot of f***g difficulties with english language, i'm a graphic designer so i'm not coding at all.

I learn this mod and made my pack in 10 days, all from myself and without any help.

but i taake the time to answer at everybody, and try to understand the problems.

So understand that's disapointing me a lot when people just come and say "blablabal that's don't work" or "what this variable mean" ?

For your question "Radius'" and "semiMajorAxis" use metres.

Peace, I offer you a candy :

n75LFR6.png

Edited by Sido

You're welcome, i'm french i got a lot of f***g difficulties with english language, i'm a graphic designer so i'm not coding at all.

I learn this mod and made my pack in 10 days, all from myself and without any help.

but i taake the time to answer at everybody, and try to understand the problems.

So understand that's disapointing me a lot when people just come and say "blablabal that's don't work" or "what this variable mean" ?

For your question "Radius'" and "semiMajorAxis" use metres.

Peace, I offer you a candy :

http://i.imgur.com/n75LFR6.png

Lol, nice.

Was I sounding rude too? I don't mean to, I've just had a rough past two days :(

I wonder what it's like on that planet's north and south poles.

Delicious atmosphere, delicious dirt, delicious everything

Edit: if only it was chocolate... :D

Edit 2: I noticed that in forum threads for pf systems, it says to remove the three example systems, why?

Edited by Deadpangod3

wanting to use some of the systems people made but how do u disable stock planetfacory planets to not load. there is a .cfg to disable planets but how does the entry work. ived tried to disable planets but they still show up.

It seems that I could only get control+P to work once, and now its completely broken. Can anyone help out with this? Also, my height maps and color maps don't seem to be working at all. And how do you alter gravity of a planet? Thanks for any answers!

Hello,

ferram4 found where the conflict lies. To quote,

There's an ArgumentException involving FAR and a dictionary object. That's how it stores the properties of other planet's atmospheres, and I list the bodies using indices based on the FlightGlobals index for that body. PlanetFactory isn't changing that, so multiple bodies are getting the same index, which causes FAR to break.

I found where the FlightGlobals index is in the cfg file for planets. Sorry for the questions (I searched the thread using the keywords and didn't get any hits), but is there a way to reconcile or change the FlightGlobal index for custom systems to avoid the conflict?

The lines from the output_code for this are:

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.Int32,UnityEngine.Vector3].Add (Int32 key, Vector3 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ferram4.FARGlobalControlEditorObject.LoadConfigs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ferram4.FARGlobalControlEditorObject.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68252-PlanetFactory-CE-Ferram-Aerospace-Conflict?p=944947

The FlightGlobalsIndex is in the first PFBody bracket, something like this:

PFBody
{
name=Ariel
templateName=Tylo
flightGlobalsIndex=750
}

You can change it to something else that's not the same as another body. Look at the index for other planet factory bodies.

Are there compatibility issues in XP with this mod? Is there at least one soul here using XP that can share his/her experience with this mod?

Because this mod fails on me and some say that it's because I'm using XP.

The Sentar System loads fine but the 3 example systems check boxes do not show on the loading screen. I tried every pack at my disposal and none displays the check box that allows me to enable/disable them.

I assume the systems are in the correct folder:

KSP\GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory\*system's folder*\

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.