[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

I've been trying to make my own celestial bodies, but I've been unsuccessful getting them to appear in the game. The log file is complaining about not being able to find the .cfg file. I can't get the program to recognize it for some reason.

Is there a way to get the planets to orbit kerbol rather than another star?

yes, by changing the refering body by editing the cfg file :rolleyes: look at the serious system...

I've been trying to make my own celestial bodies, but I've been unsuccessful getting them to appear in the game. The log file is complaining about not being able to find the .cfg file. I can't get the program to recognize it for some reason.

Look at the video on the first page, it explain how to create a new system very well...

I have two questions about this.

1. I have successfully edited the source code to move Sentar into a less inclined and more distant orbit, but when I try to comment out Thud it doesn't work, Thud is still orbiting Sentar. How do I properly remove base PlanetFactory planets?

2. I have exported and modified a SpaceEngine texture and heightmap for a new gas giant I would like to orbit the Sun, but when I place that in a new plugin folder, like is done with the examples, it does not load. I have created a .system file that lists it, a cfg, a texture, and heightmap. When I load the game and try Ctrl+9 in flight mode nothing happens. I feel I am missing something obvious here, but I don't know what.

1/ i pretty sure that the planet of the sentar system is hard coded in the plugin so i think you can't remove them (yet)

2/ Are you serious ? what do you want add with your heightmap on a gaz planet ? mountains ? :D gaz planet have a blank heightmap, but you can made and export a bumpmap for the line of the wind for example. not sur you can do it with the jool template anyway.

Edited by Sido

1/ i pretty sure that the planet of the sentar system is hard coded in the plugin so i think you can't remove them (yet)

2/ Are you serious ? what do you want add with your heightmap on a gaz planet ? mountains ? :D gaz planet have a blank heightmap, but you can made and export a bumpmap for the line of the wind for example. not sur you can do it with the jool template anyway.

1. I edited it out of the C# code for the plugin dll, so I figured that would remove it.

2. Ah, my bad, for some reason I thought the game wanted to actually have a heightmap, even if it was blank. I suppose I should have checked Sentar, which has none. At any rate removing the heightmap doesn't solve my problem with the planet not appearing.

Here is the code for the Cfg.

CelestialBody
{
bodyName=Ulie
bodyDescription=Ulie is invisible to the naked eye from Kerbin. When first seen by Kerbal astronomers it was assumed to be remnants of a mustard stain on the telescope. Only when it was found to be orbiting Kerbol was it accepted as the third Gas Giant.
GeeASL=0.36
Radius=4500000
rotates=True
rotationPeriod=7200
initialRotation=180
tidallyLocked=False
//todo atmosphere
}

Orbit
{
inclination = 1.0
eccentricity = 0.009
semiMajorAxis = 327445000000
LAN = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = -20
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 30000
referenceBody = Sun
}
PQSMod_CelestialBodyTransform
{
deactivateAltitude=1800000
}

PQS
{
radius=4500000
minLevel=1
maxLevel=10
}
PQSMod_PFDebug
{
order=99999
modEnabled=True
minAlt=999999
}

and my system file

System{
enabled=true
//List the names of the planets in the system.
//Planets must be in an order where planets and moons come after the parent body.
planetName=Ulie
}

Is the problem that I'm trying to get Ulie to orbit the Sun?

Edited by ls612

Is there a way to get the planets to orbit kerbol rather than another star?

The only way i can think of to simulate this with the game at its current state would be to change the texture of kerbol to that of a black hole. Create a new sun in orbit around the black hole at some distance and place the kerbol system in orbit around it instead. You can then add several solar systems in orbit around the black hole.I have a feeling that doing this would cause a whole heap of problems but could in theory be done. But it would require some plugincode not inluded in pf

Wups: i responded to the wrong message it seems. To get planets to orbit kerbol look at sentars config files

Edited by landeTLS

1. I edited it out of the C# code for the plugin dll, so I figured that would remove it.

2. Ah, my bad, for some reason I thought the game wanted to actually have a heightmap, even if it was blank. I suppose I should have checked Sentar, which has none. At any rate removing the heightmap doesn't solve my problem with the planet not appearing.

Here is the code for the Cfg.

CelestialBody
{
bodyName=Ulie
bodyDescription=Ulie is invisible to the naked eye from Kerbin. When first seen by Kerbal astronomers it was assumed to be remnants of a mustard stain on the telescope. Only when it was found to be orbiting Kerbol was it accepted as the third Gas Giant.
GeeASL=0.36
Radius=4500000
rotates=True
rotationPeriod=7200
initialRotation=180
tidallyLocked=False
//todo atmosphere
}

Orbit
{
inclination = 1.0
eccentricity = 0.009
semiMajorAxis = 327445000000
LAN = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = -20
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 30000
referenceBody = Sun
}
PQSMod_CelestialBodyTransform
{
deactivateAltitude=1800000
}

PQS
{
radius=4500000
minLevel=1
maxLevel=10
}
PQSMod_PFDebug
{
order=99999
modEnabled=True
minAlt=999999
}

and my system file

System{
enabled=true
//List the names of the planets in the system.
//Planets must be in an order where planets and moons come after the parent body.
planetName=Ulie
}

Is the problem that I'm trying to get Ulie to orbit the Sun?

Well, i'm just a graphic designer but i have understood that you must defined your celestial body :

PFBody

{

name=yourplanet

templateName=planetyouwantastemplate

flightGlobalsIndex=yoursystemeindexnumber

}

Cause if you don't the mod can referer to it. you can referer to it in your system config but if your config planet is a no name one... it cannot find it :huh:

Hello Kragathea/KSP Community,

This is question about a possible 'mod' conflict with FAR. When I have mod FAR and the PlanetFactory/Sido's Urania system loaded, the FAR icon does not appear on the Toolbar. When I remove PlanetFactory from my GameData, the FAR icon reappears. I don't know if this is just cosmetic, or if running one interferes with the other. I would love to be able to run both mods.

Please let me know if there's anything I can provide to help troubleshoot.

Regards!

This is a volcano.

omkuwrH.png

Krag small question is it possible too add Negative numbers to ocean height because now i can how erin was made

I was looking at this myself, and came ran across something peculiar in Erin's .cfg.

// heightMapDeformity=8000

// heightMapOffset=-2000

Heightmapdeformity was disabled.

I don't know what this means entirely, I'm not a PQS expert.

But for instance, how I created the planet this volcano is on was by setting an all white heightmap to negative 1000 deformity in the .cfg, thus lowering the land beneath the ocean, and I was able to apply a map decal to raise the volcano above the surface.

As for changing ocean height... I don't know if it can be done.

No one answered me :(

I've run into a problem, I madE my own solar system, but now hen I tried to give one of my planes a moon, it screwed up the planet and it doesn't show the texture anymore, it just looks like Duna, and I go through the surface, and I tried to change the moons template to Mun and now it doesn't work either!!

It generates a weird error on load and I don't understand it, I don't see anything wrong in the CFG, and I dont know what to do :(

Also, I can't give my planet rings, why?

No one answered me :(

There's a great well explained video on the first page of this thread which can give you all the details you need to create your own solar system.

if you've got a problem, then you'll made something wrong.

:)

@Sido: you're not being very helpful. I managed to make another star system successfully, but not yet the gas giant.

@everyone else: I'm trying to add a new gas giant system instead of a new star. How do I go about that?

Edited by ElJugador

@Sido: you're not being very helpful. I managed to make another star system successfully, but not yet the gas giant.

@everyone else: I'm trying to add a new gas giant system instead of a new star. How do I go about that?

Come on, i try to do my best. You don't give any details of your problem. You just say "i try to do some planet but they don't appear"...

They can be a lot of different reason for that ! So give us some details and maybe we can help.

Krag's give threee great exemple system with his mod. If you can't understand them, i'm not sure i can help you.

thx

Sometimes, when you make an scale export, the mod make this, that arrive a lot of time for me.

Rename your .bin, _normal and map files and reboot the game.

normally that will work (that's what i do)

Ok. I haven't exported the scaled space yet. I forgot I needed to do that... :rolleyes:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.