[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

For a star i don't really know cause i doesn't test yet, but for a dwarf star you can use the minmus template, apply it a star texture with a huge dump map and improve it with a colored "cloud" layer.

I made this for example :

p59iUyz.jpg

I'm guessing this wasn't supposed to happen. The second image is the scaled space, the first image is the actual map. EDIT:upon reloading the game, the lander in orbit was put on a suborbital trajectory to Plantar, and the crazy scaled space view became a perfect sphere (albiet still with the crazy spiky terrain.

For the export issue. Modify (or add if it doesnt have one) a ScaledExport section to the CFG.

ScaledExport
{
templateName=Minmus //Name of the planets template.
mapWidth=2048 //Size of exported Texture.
maxHeight=20000 //Highest point on the planet.
}

Change templateName to be the same as in the PFBody section.

For a star i don't really know cause i doesn't test yet, but for a dwarf star you can use the minmus template, apply it a star texture with a huge dump map and improve it with a colored "cloud" layer.

I made this for example :

Very pretty!

Very pretty!

Thanks Kragrathea, i'm a graphic designer so, i can made some not so bad job in texturing, that's help a little :D

But it's nothing compare to your mod, it's just fantastic :blush:

I hope you work always on it cause i'm sure it will become the best ksp mod ever if you keep that way :)

thanks again

NDTJwM3.jpg

Hey, krag. When i export a texture from space engine, will there be water?? And i am going to ask- how to specify, EXACTLY hwere i want to there be a mountain or something like that?

It's the height map which tell where is the bump map before you create the .bin with the create scale function.

For a planet you need before export the scale : planet_color.png (for the color of the ground) planet_map (for the color of the planet when you're in the planetarium) planet_height.png (which generate the bump map : planet_normal.png)

That's really easy

Hey, krag. When i export a texture from space engine, will there be water?? And i am going to ask- how to specify, EXACTLY hwere i want to there be a mountain or something like that?

No. All you need from SE is the Color and Elevation map:

1nT4NSo.png

Make sure you export PNG files and then rename them as follows:

surface_bump.png becomes <planetname>_height.png

surface_diff.png becomes <planetname>_color.png

Add a mountain by modifying the bump map or use PQS_MapDecal in the CFG. See Skelton for an example.

Krag

Edited by Kragrathea

But i simply, want to ask- Where i edit height of the planet? Because i cannot find it in cfg, and there is only texture, bin, and something called "normal", "normal" is one-colour. And also i used Joker for the base, you know i copied Joker's config, and idk where is that PQS_MapDecal. Or maybe I have to copy it from another planet?

Edited by cziken20

You must edit the radius parametre

I really wanted to do this- i cannot find this! I was lookinf for it for 10 mniutes! So where it is?? Or maybe i have to add it??

Edit: I see... other configs have radius parameter.. But why every config looks other?????? Ugh... Krag, maybe you can write an "empty config" Where you have all parameters, seeds etc.?? It would be much easier for me...

And my last (porbably) question, how to add custom science messages?

Edited by cziken20

I don't usually post on the forums, but here goes.

I made a new system, with a certain planet I'm particularly fond of: Titus. It's got such a thick atmosphere you can't see down to the ground!

mgalFaL.jpg

Did this by screwing around with the scaled. Once you go below the cloud layer the surface appears:

qKPCr6g.jpg

CspFQ1K.jpg

yliie94.jpg

The planet's one big dune sea for the most part, the pressure is about 5 atm at average ground level. Sea level is around 8, but you'll have to land in a canyon for that.

Another planet I'm experimenting with is Enicing, a tidally locked planet that's frozen on the shadow side and has warm oceans on the light side.

xESOo8A.jpg

Ocean and islands still look a little weird.

Also Krag, I can't get my gas giant's texture to work. I have only a _map file assigned to it like you said, but creating scaled and etc does nothing.

I get this error when it loads:

T9fyDBY.jpg

Edited by Kravity
typo

Having a little problem were i do a scaled export and the planet is working fine then restart game and then its the template planet with default on it export scaled again looks and works fine restart same thing

Picture of Barry:

VHSpKXU.jpg

Kragrathea, you made a black hole. Would it be possible to create a 'zone of doom' around it?

EDIT: Oh, and in the binary system, the suns are dark (They only light up one side of the ship if you are lucky). How would I be able to make them dark red? (since they don't light up much, I think small red stars would be a nice change of pace.)

Edited by Mekan1k

Krag, maybe you can write an "empty config" Where you have all parameters, seeds etc.?? It would be much easier for me...

And my last (porbably) question, how to add custom science messages?

There are dozens of possible sections and hundreds of possible settings. And I don't even know what most of them do. The ones I do have some understanding of are in the CFGs.

Sorry don't know anything about the science stuff. If someone wants to figure it out I will consider adding it.

Also Krag, I can't get my gas giant's texture to work. I have only a _map file assigned to it like you said, but creating scaled and etc does nothing.

I get this error when it loads:

Nice looking planets!

I would guess you have PQSMods in your Gas Giant CFG. Try removing everything except PFBody, CelestialBody and Orbit.

will creators addition have the update that fixes black planets included too? or is that not implimented yet?

I'll update CE soon. Want to get a few other bugs fixed first.

Kragrathea, you made a black hole. Would it be possible to create a 'zone of doom' around it?

EDIT: Oh, and in the binary system, the suns are dark (They only light up one side of the ship if you are lucky). How would I be able to make them dark red? (since they don't light up much, I think small red stars would be a nice change of pace.)

Don't know what that is. And yes the sun lights do not work on any other body than the Sun at this point.

Krag

Edited by Kragrathea

There are dozens of possible sections and hundreds of possible settings. And I don't even know what most of them do. The ones I do have some understanding of are in the CFGs.

Sorry don't know anything about the science stuff. If someone wants to figure it out I will consider adding it.

Don't know what that is. And yes the sun lights do not work on any other body than the Sun at this point.

Krag

The zone of doom would be an area around Barry that warps space- as per a black hole- and would destroy any ship that got within 10,000km of the surface.

Also it might be a good idea to put the opposite sort of effect around it as the stars- a dark cloud or something like that.

The science thing... This mod might help...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56510-0-23-Crowd-sourced-Science-Logs-SCIENCE-NEEDS-YOU!?highlight=crowdsourced

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.