[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

Sounds like you missing something in the system or renaming. Make sure the directory, and system match. PlanetFactory/Foo/Foo.System

Also don't try to "backup" .system files by copying them into a different dir. Any .system file in the path will be picked up as a system. BAD-> PlanetFactory/Foo - Copy/Foo.System

I am surprised no one has landed (or even commented) on the new planets. Three new suns (including a binary with creamy barycenter) and four new land able planets and it doesn't even rate a yawn. Kerbals are jaded.

Here, I'm doing a mission to Ablate. That's the first dwarf planet in your expansion I'm trying to access. It's not CE, but it's Planet Factory.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65568-Landing-on-Ablate

It's the kind of planetary body I always wanted in KSP. :)

So I made a small asteroid with only 100 meter radius but still 1g of surface gravity in orbit around Kerbin:

http://i.imgur.com/mpZIY8E.png

http://i.imgur.com/iiw4rMX.png

Using RealSolarSystem along with this mod works pretty well, and with the RSS config file being a bit more straightforward in changing physical parameters for a body, you can build pretty much anything.

Dang it, some one needs to make the system from The Little Prince! :cool:

the_little_prince_011.gif

Edited by lajoswinkler

Not sure what the antivirus down load problem is. Probably the security settings in your browser/machine. Try downloading it from a different browser/machine.

Really nice Mini planet Metaphor! You can change the seed and baseColors to make it look less like joker. I recognize his sinister grin the the screens. :)

Gas giant atmospheres are not fully supported in the CFG files yet. Any body that uses Jool as a template will have a green tint. Will fix in upcoming versions.

Sylandro, if you have only seen him twice you have been very lucky.

In an unrelated plugin, I am closing in on a fix for instantiated stars. Mainly scaled space FX (Like planets using Kerbol as the main source of light, and lens flare not existing)... Once I get it working without flooding my debug log with null pointer exceptions, it would be my honour to give you said fix for planetfactory.

In an unrelated plugin, I am closing in on a fix for instantiated stars. Mainly scaled space FX (Like planets using Kerbol as the main source of light, and lens flare not existing)... Once I get it working without flooding my debug log with null pointer exceptions, it would be my honour to give you said fix for planetfactory.

Absolutely. :) Love to have that fixed.

I might have found the problem as to why my copy of Skelton was not working. It appears that the initial values of Skelton is initiated inside CelestialBody{} while the planets in the other folders that have come out since initial release have the same values that are set inside both CelestialBody{} and inside PFBody{}. I have not looked inside the source code of this mod yet so I am unsure if this would mean it does not work. I also checked the output log and my copy of Skelton seems to be added to the system, it just does not show up. If you would like to look at the files I can send you the download link if you so desire. If this is what is breaking the planet how would you suggest that I change it?

Thanks for your help :)

How can you make things orbit kerbin directly? I want a moonlet to land on too!

Change referenceBody to Kerbin instead of Sun in its orbital parameters.

Also be careful with very small planets/moons, they cause a large amount of lag when you're within their SOI but still far from them. The lag goes away when you get close.

I'm working on a terrifying planet I've named, "Super Eve"

30HFLVQ.png

It currently is Jool as the main planet, but will eventually be Eve if it was cursed by Alternis.

Alternis Kerbal mod made Tylo the hardest place to land, I'm trying to make a Eve that is so terrifyingly difficult to land on, that it will even give Scott Manley a run for his money.

I'm working on a terrifying planet I've named, "Super Eve"

http://i.imgur.com/30HFLVQ.png

It currently is Jool as the main planet, but will eventually be Eve if it was cursed by Alternis.

Alternis Kerbal mod made Tylo the hardest place to land, I'm trying to make a Eve that is so terrifyingly difficult to land on, that it will even give Scott Manley a run for his money.

Mass of the sun with the atmosphere of Duna (Not enough for softlanding, enough to worry about due to DRE) and the surface gravity of a neutron star. Not that hard to make something impossible to land on :P

Mass of the sun with the atmosphere of Duna (Not enough for softlanding, enough to worry about due to DRE) and the surface gravity of a neutron star. Not that hard to make something impossible to land on :P

I want it to be conceivably possible, while still remaining extremely difficult, I was planning a atmosphere twice as thick as Eve's, and a surface gravity between 1 and 2 gees.

The atmosphere would be around 250km and the planet would be around 1500km in diamter.

Of course this is just planning, and probably will change a lot as I go.

Here, I'm doing a mission to Ablate. That's the first dwarf planet in your expansion I'm trying to access. It's not CE, but it's Planet Factory.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65568-Landing-on-Ablate

It's the kind of planetary body I always wanted in KSP. :)

Dang it, some one needs to make the system from The Little Prince! :cool:

http://www.generationterrorists.com/graphics/the_little_prince_011.gif

every time i see that i remember

(RIP Futurama....... Again)

I want it to be conceivably possible, while still remaining extremely difficult, I was planning a atmosphere twice as thick as Eve's, and a surface gravity between 1 and 2 gees.

The atmosphere would be around 250km and the planet would be around 1500km in diamter.

Of course this is just planning, and probably will change a lot as I go.

The thicker the atmosphere, the easier it is to land on. (The harder it is to get back into orbit though)

I am surprised no one has landed (or even commented) on the new planets. Three new suns (including a binary with creamy barycenter) and four new land able planets and it doesn't even rate a yawn. Kerbals are jaded.

D: please don't think that nobody's interested. I'm super psyched to try the new planets. My real person, not-actually-a-rocket-scientist job has kept me very busy for a few weeks now. I'm super excited for all the binary, black holey goodness when I can finally find the time

Hey guys I need help.

So I made a star and a planet to orbit that star, the star is showing up just fine but the planet is not showing up, Its nonexistent :(

Could you guys help me?

Zip up your system folder and put it somewhere and I will take a look.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.