[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

Lavaworld is very good idea, thought it woudl probably require aditional plugin that woudl overheat vehicle parts on contact.

But it woudl be entarely new concept in KSP, and it woudl add variety. Imagine landing on some small 20m island in completly sorrounded by lava..

Onother thing is how it lava woudl look. Well you can just add some red texture and be okay with it, but it woudl be awesome if lava glowed, bubbles formed etc. Well probably that woudl be to much for ksp engine to handle.

Another thing are volcanos. That probably woudl be much bigger challange for module coding, well volcano is just a terrain formation, but we want volcano that constantly/randomly errupts. Want to fly over it? Well okay, take a risk, maybe it wont errupt.

Well, ground scatter *might* allow scripted behaviour, random volcano's anyone? I have also sent Krag a fix for stars, allowing them to be separate light sources, solar panels should work too... But Idk how long it would take to implement. I have also mastered oceans, and somewhat mastered Atmo's. I also created a functional lava planet, complete with overheating, and textured lava ocean (The texture is a bit off, as I used default ocean systems for it...).

Maybe Ill write a utility suite for planets to "Speed up" development, without waiting for Atmo/Ocean settings in PF, but that's a bit confusing.

Well, ground scatter *might* allow scripted behaviour, random volcano's anyone? I have also sent Krag a fix for stars, allowing them to be separate light sources, solar panels should work too... But Idk how long it would take to implement. I have also mastered oceans, and somewhat mastered Atmo's. I also created a functional lava planet, complete with overheating, and textured lava ocean (The texture is a bit off, as I used default ocean systems for it...).

Maybe Ill write a utility suite for planets to "Speed up" development, without waiting for Atmo/Ocean settings in PF, but that's a bit confusing.

Good work, people like you are what makes this community the best.

720179.jpg

Can you post some screenshots of lava planet or maybe some other works?

How about some random levels of lava? Well it woudl really be demanding for player! Flushes and refluxes!

Hoovering about land and looking for some place to land, checking if lava level allows for landing. Or after landing discovering that suddenly lava is getting close! Well this shoudl also has some warning system, informing that in about... 30 seconds terrain woudl be underwater, i meant underlava.

Here's a screen of my first set of planets, all nicely aligned: The lava pools are green in this, a texture mistake, and I added an Atmosphere to the Minmus class moon since this shot... They are all lit up by "Relsah", my sun. My future goals will be to add PQSCity Easter eggs, modify ground scatter, and finish the "Acid oceans" on a different moon.

39209511EF3CE3A5BB469997983FCBA40BDCD57A

Shame I can never release them as they are, hacky test plugin is used, to much copyright code, but I can at least create a few tools for PF planets, waiting for the "official" ocean/atmo editors)

Yea, its possible, Could be as simple as something like: OnUpdate(){ ocean.transform.localscale = Random( 1, 1.2 ); }

if not, I could always parent a new mesh to it... And yea, maybe... Laythe style moon, with lava! Maybe around my systems gas giant... Or maybe as an example PF Planet, with a cfg powered utility function

(When I make one)...

Finally figured out how to make terrestial planets now just need to know how to add oceans and my super evil plans can be completed eve works as a nice template for a atmospheric planet installing space engine on my stronger computer now. One more question how to a change the texture of the ground right now its just rockey rockey sand dunes would be nice

While im here

I have a problem when I try to make a new moon http://imgur.com/a/1UcXV The textures and height map are fine in the tracking station and if im orbiting in a very high orbit and scroll out but if im close or try to land its is a grey ball with DEFAULT on it does anybody now how to fix this

http://imgur.com/a/1UcXV

Go to the new moon or orbit it first press control 9 and press Export scaled and tada!

Edited by Dooz

Javascript is disabled. View full album
I'm guessing this wasn't supposed to happen. The second image is the scaled space, the first image is the actual map. EDIT:upon reloading the game, the lander in orbit was put on a suborbital trajectory to Plantar, and the crazy scaled space view became a perfect sphere (albiet still with the crazy spiky terrain. Edited by GregroxMun

Wait, so Barry's a black hole? because I don't know any other celestial bodies of that size to be able to have 2 stars orbiting it.

Bsrry's not meant to actually exist at all. It's a gravitational point, not an object. In KSP, though, Barry has to have a small surface, and it has to exist.

Krag said you can't use Erin kerbin or laythe because they are to complex

I was fiddling around with configs and i got kerbin to work

Kinda it had a surface atmosphere work just disable to has ocean false i don't know i was using custom height maps

And i was using eve as a template for atmospheric ones

Edited by Dooz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.