[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

When I turn the thrust off on the T360 Liquid Fuel Engine, it doesn\'t completely turn off, as there is still a jet coming out of it. Not sure if this is a feature.

It is, read the description.

Extract to parts folder like any other mod. Completely self-contained, unlike the old version.

I don\'t get it. Does that mean that it\'s balanced for use with stock parts or something?

Sorry if I\'m being dumb, I just spent like four hours behind the wheel, so I\'m a bit pooped. But I don\'t get it.

I don\'t get it. Does that mean that it\'s balanced for use with stock parts or something?

Sorry if I\'m being dumb, I just spent like four hours behind the wheel, so I\'m a bit pooped. But I don\'t get it.

It only contains the new parts, if I\'m not mistaken.

His first version actually overwrote all the original parts with his balanced ones. Now they are added as their own separate parts so you can still use the crappy vanilla parts or his new and improved parts. A much better solution as overwriting the originals would cause noobs to pooch their installs if they weren\'t paying attention, and they never do.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

His first version actually overwrote all the original parts with his balanced ones. Now they are added as their own separate parts so you can still use the crappy vanilla parts or his new and improved parts. A much better solution as overwriting the originals would cause noobs to pooch their installs if they weren\'t paying attention, and they never do.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Yeah, I realized that minutes after I posted. Derp.

Though I would still like to know where this pack is in terms of balance. Is it balanced to vanilla parts? Is it designed to be used alongside Silisko Edition 1? Because right now I have no less than three different standard 1m fuel tanks, vanilla, SE1, and now SE2.

Standard Command module 1

1. Seems way too small.

2. No top attachment point for parachute?

3. Is this a placeholder for an unmanned control pod or something?

Use the stackable parachute, but put it on the bottom. Then, a 0.5m decoupler below that. Reentering upside down is an acceptable risk, and there is a small arm to hold their head in place during reentry.

I really dig the parts, but it feels like that they\'re a bit weak in general. I\'m having lots of trouble getting enough thrust to get a rather basic Mun lander in orbit and by then I\'ve burned most of my fuel for a TMI. I\'d hope that you raise the values on the 1.5 meter parts to make them better for lifting.

Or just use a different design philosophy than you would for vanilla parts?

Exactly. The 1.5m parts are a direct multiple of the 1m tanks (x2.25 I believe), so increasing the amount of fuel in the 1.5m tanks would be silly!

Um, Nova? Could you answer my question regarding balance, please? I love the new parts, but my OCD is having a field day as I\'m trying to figure out whether I can use them alongside Silisko Edition 1.2 without destroying the balance. A little creator input would be very welcome.

Um, Nova? Could you answer my question regarding balance, please? I love the new parts, but my OCD is having a field day as I\'m trying to figure out whether I can use them alongside Silisko Edition 1.2 without destroying the balance. A little creator input would be very welcome.

Sorry, I didn\'t see that. No, I redid the balance (again). Using them with SE1.2 is a very poor decision ;P

Good god, man! That\'s what, the second time you\'ve basically thrown your previous work away and started over? :D

I love your stuff. I think it\'s such a shame to throw all the previous stuff away like that. Why not make additions to what you already have instead of starting over again?

Good god, man! That\'s what, the second time you\'ve basically thrown your previous work away and started over? :D

I love your stuff. I think it\'s such a shame to throw all the previous stuff away like that. Why not make additions to what you already have instead of starting over again?

I felt like the old stuff wasn\'t working too well.

Hmm,,Just ANOTHER Novasilisko pack of very practical,well balanced and truly functional parts for KSP,Nothing to see here folks ;),,Man your gear is the bomb,Nice sound affects BTW,Keep em coming. Thankyou ;D

I felt like the old stuff wasn\'t working too well.

Dude... it was flipping brilliant.

Plus the new pack is missing a lot of things that the old one had. Like side-mounted RCS tanks. And a small landing engine. And a really big engine that doesn\'t have thrust vectoring. And winglets. And landing legs. I don\'t even see an ASAS module anywhere. I realize this is just the first version, but it kinda feels more like additional stuff than a whole new pack... but you say it shouldn\'t be used with the pack that it feels like an addition to. I find that a bit odd.

And really, were those old 1m tank and engine models so bad that we needed new ones? Yeah, these new ones are excellent, but the old ones were excellent too. I was kinda hoping you were working on special parts, like different kinds of landing legs and such, not just a third version of the basic parts. Or even just greebles that have no use other than to make the rocket visually interesting (i.e. the Probodobodyne pack).

If you\'ve changed the balance again, perhaps you could update SE 1.2 with new stats to make it compatible with SE 2? Like I said, I think it\'s a shame to just throw so much awesome stuff away like that. Heck, I can do that for you if you can\'t or don\'t want to spend a few hours copypasting numbers in cfg files.

Dude... it was flipping brilliant.

Plus the new pack is missing a lot of things that the old one had. Like side-mounted RCS tanks. And a small landing engine. And a really big engine that doesn\'t have thrust vectoring. And winglets. And landing legs. I don\'t even see an ASAS module anywhere. I realize this is just the first version, but it kinda feels more like additional stuff than a whole new pack... but you say it shouldn\'t be used with the pack that it feels like an addition to. I find that a bit odd.

And really, were those old 1m tank and engine models so bad that we needed new ones? Yeah, these new ones are excellent, but the old ones were excellent too. I was kinda hoping you were working on special parts, like different kinds of landing legs and such, not just a third version of the basic parts. Or even just greebles that have no use other than to make the rocket visually interesting (i.e. the Probodobodyne pack).

If you\'ve changed the balance again, perhaps you could update SE 1.2 with new stats to make it compatible with SE 2? Like I said, I think it\'s a shame to just throw so much awesome stuff away like that. Heck, I can do that for you if you can\'t or don\'t want to spend a few hours copypasting numbers in cfg files.

Remember, this is just an Alpha. The full pack will have parts ranging up to 2m, including side-mounted RCS tanks of different sizes!

Believe me, SE2 is going to be huge. But, I\'ll consider your proposal to update 1.2 to the new balancing parameters - if only after SE2 is fully released. In the meantime, you can if you\'d like.