[0.23.5] Kerbal Space Industries [26APR14] [MFD 1.2]

Hyomoto

Excellent work on the MFD...your setup is very intuitive and is now my preferred MFD layout thus far. :)

I noticed you can zoom the camera view but no panning. Is this something you are able to add to your version of the MFD?

You are correct, there is no panning as of right now. I've been thinking on adding 'specialized' cameras, basically a high-zoom camera with pan. But I haven't decided if it would be better to make it one of the numbered cameras and thus compatible with everything, or to treat it like the DOCK camera and have its own tab.

You are correct, there is no panning as of right now. I've been thinking on adding 'specialized' cameras, basically a high-zoom camera with pan. But I haven't decided if it would be better to make it one of the numbered cameras and thus compatible with everything, or to treat it like the DOCK camera and have its own tab.

Compatibility is the best way. In the Alcor MFD, you can pan any attachable camera (not just the Alcor attachable one). Why not use the relevant bits of that functionality from the Alcor MFD and transfer it over to your setup?

Compatibility is the best way. In the Alcor MFD, you can pan any attachable camera (not just the Alcor attachable one). Why not use the relevant bits of that functionality from the Alcor MFD and transfer it over to your setup?

That seems to be a question that comes up here as well as within RPM. The short answer is I'm in my play cycle, just playing the game and refreshing my creativity. I have some tweaks and changes in the pipeline but I need to see where they go before implementing anything. I'd rather avoid 'alphas' and 'devbuilds' and 'early access', so basically if it isn't broken, right now I'm not fixing it. Your suggestion is definitely on the short list however, as is certain aspects of ALCOR integration.

Is there anyway to get a RasterPropMonitor outside on like a probe core or as a part ?

No. An InternalModule and a PartModule are similar but not at all the same, and there is no way to simply make one work as the other.

Hi, I launched today my first manned rocket from IVA and almost docked without using the map view which brings me to my problem: I have no idea how to interpret the closest approach value. Especially that time "AT", is that relative? Because it doesn't tick down or up, very confusing.

Another interesting "bug" is, when I set a docking port to "Control from here" (not with your GUI), the docking cam doesn't work. When I now set the reference part to the docking port it does work (yay) BUT strangely the nav ball changes. Now unfortunately I didn't test what happens if I set control from here to the command module (the only other part from which I could control the ship), if the nav ball changes there too.

Also another problem is that when I try to select a docking port of the target ship it doesn't really do that. There is no red reticule on the nav ball and in the external view I still can set that part as my target. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I select the target ship from the vessel list it then shows me two docking ports and I select one of them and hit "ENT" but both times the docking port is not targeted (I tested only one, so I don't know if I targeted both times the other docking port, but I personally don't think so).

But apart from that it was a fun ride and another experience doing it from IVA and having no resource bar. Oh man this brings me to another problem :( I'm using RealFuels and I have to use the total resource view (I didn't tested the stage helper) because the small overview didn't show any fuel and oxidizer. Okay this is getting rediculus but I try to list everything which caught my eye: The battery charge showed always full in the simplified view.

Fabian

Another interesting "bug" is, when I set a docking port to "Control from here" (not with your GUI), the docking cam doesn't work. When I now set the reference part to the docking port it does work (yay) BUT strangely the nav ball changes.

This is not a bug.

Whenever you go IVA, the 'control from here' is always reset to the pod you IVA to. Stock code does this. There is no way to prevent this from happening, and while it might be possible to detect this happening and immediately flip it back, like RPM components do with target being lost on doubleclick, I never got this to work reliably. This is how it works. Blame Squad, I have no idea why they decided to do this smack in the middle of camera switching. It is possible to change it afterwards while you're in IVA, this is what the 'change reference' menu option of RPM does.

It is also not strange at all that the navball changes when you do that, because navball shows the orientation of the reference part.

The interception values were changed in the dev build for RPM, but the current build displays them as you've seen. If I interpret it correctly (sorry for being vague here) it's the time you are going to intercept, not how long until. Regardless, you can watch your target distance as well. I know that isn't perfect but its how I did it with Kerpollo. There are a few other issues such as the intercept distance it gives you IS accurate, but it fluctuates making it a bit muddling to use. Unfortunately that's an RPM issue, but I believe there is already a fix for it if you use one of the dev builds.

For the reference part to work with the docking cam, yes it must be selected from the target menu. The change you see on your navball is to be expected. If its particularly large it is either your docking port is quite far from the command pod, or your speed display changed, that could explain it. Unless its a really weird change, but for that I'd need to see it to diagnose. EDIT: Thanks Mihara! You are the quickness!

It sounds like you selected your target docking port correctly, but it may have been some weirdness. KSP can be a bit wonky with targeting sometimes, so when it happens I recommend you first try clearing your target from the menu, and then do it again. I'm not 100% sure on this, but you may also need to have a docking port selected on your craft as well. And for both, it needs to be done through the target menu, selecting parts by right-clicking with the mouse doesn't work and may have caused some of your issues.

The totals menu is mainly for mod users, I don't know if RPM supports RealFuels and I'll have to check. The simplified view and the staging assistant are both designed for stock resources which is where your problem is coming from. If there is a demand for folks such as yourself, Mihara has been hugely accommodating to user requests, and it would be rather simple for me to make that adjustment. So there may be a fix for it. And finally, as far as the battery charge display goes, I'll double-check it, it's entirely possible I made an error there.

Edited by Hyomoto

Excellent, I'll get to using this immediately. I've been playing around with planes/spaceplanes a lot more recently, so I'm glad to see all the fixes for those issues. I've been waiting for 0.14 to drop before making any updates to my MFD so that everyone will be on the same page as far as bug fixes and features goes.

Whoops, this was supposed to go in the RPM thread.

Edited by Hyomoto

Seemingly dumb question: How does one make a camera that goes on the Dock assignation ?

When you use the target screen, you should a line saying: "reference part", then select a docking node that you want to use to dock with, only docking ports can be used for docking cam.

This is not a bug.

Whenever you go IVA, the 'control from here' is always reset to the pod you IVA to. Stock code does this. There is no way to prevent this from happening, and while it might be possible to detect this happening and immediately flip it back, like RPM components do with target being lost on doubleclick, I never got this to work reliably. This is how it works. Blame Squad, I have no idea why they decided to do this smack in the middle of camera switching. It is possible to change it afterwards while you're in IVA, this is what the 'change reference' menu option of RPM does.[...]

I will test that.

[...]It is also not strange at all that the navball changes when you do that, because navball shows the orientation of the reference part.

Yeah I know, I simply mentioned it because that's why I noticed the change in reference.

By the way, with RPM 0.14 that closure distance and time is somewhat useful now, so I was able to approach without leaving IVA. Especially with the closest approach shown on the map view. :)

Fabian

How do you make the docking cam work? I have both plugins installed but whenever I click the "dock cam" it shows the white square with blank background. I tried selecting the dock port as "control from here" but still didn't work.

Here is a post on it, hope it helps

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66198-0-23-KSI-Multi-function-Display-for-RasterPropMonitor-1-1a-Hotfix?p=927267&viewfull=1#post927267

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.