What engine and tank mods are considered cheating?

SSSPutnik

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that regex forgot to put in the [sARCASM] ... [/sARCASM] tags

Him earlier:

I only have one rule: NOMODS4LYFE420NOSCOPE

Few pages earlier in the same thread:

I don't use/need arbitrary restrictions. However, I do always try to play with a life support mod (TACLS) and I prefer playing with DRE.

You sure those should be [sARCASM] tags and not [TROLL] tags?

You sure those should be [sARCASM] tags and not [TROLL] tags?

Lol, point. Those two types of tags can be very closely related.

-edit- I often find myself intending to use the first and upon re-reading my post find I used the second :(

OK thanks for all the input. I'll stick with LLL and KW unless challenges ban them.

I just wanted to make sure the parts therein weren't unbalanced or if I used them in a loose ruled challenege I wouldn't become the target of flame posts.

Any engine that consumes little fuel but has a high thrust and high Isp, or lightweight tanks that contain way more fuel than it could theoretically hold.

But it's a matter of personal preference - you can use anything and everything you want, except when doing some challenges (where you need to play by the rules).

I wouldnt think so. KW has been around a long time, and is one of the most popular rocket parts packs. LLL is a great mod to, and obviously well balanced to anyone with 1/2 a brain......

Honestly not sure why LLL is not more popular....honestly one of the best base/station building mods imo....and really badassed if you use KAS too =)

NP has lost a bit of following post 0.20 is whats going on. With each new KSP update RAM becomes more precious, and people look for mods that are just what they need, and no more.

I love NovaPunch, its a great mod....but truth be told, its got alot of 'fluff'. I myself used to use the whole pack, but since about 0.21 I have only been using a select few parts.

Sadly I think this is how things are gonna be till we get a stable 64bit build for all OS.

@Flixxbeatz: Laythe is famous for its surfing and great seafood =P

NP has lost a bit of following post 0.20 is whats going on. With each new KSP update RAM becomes more precious, and people look for mods that are just what they need, and no more.

I love NovaPunch, its a great mod....but truth be told, its got alot of 'fluff'. I myself used to use the whole pack, but since about 0.21 I have only been using a select few parts.

Sadly I think this is how things are gonna be till we get a stable 64bit build for all OS.

@Flixxbeatz: Laythe is famous for its surfing and great seafood =P

When this happens, I'm going to use... all the mods! lol. A 64bit version can't come soon enough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.