[1.2.x] Kerbonov Kn-2 Cockpit Module

Sam Hall

Wow very nice. Not sure if it's my thing, but this will definitely speak to someone.

I agree with Talisar, it needs that silhouette somewhere....

or, you know what it could really use is FlagDecal support.

One final thing... that poor third Kerbal REALLY looks uncomfortable seated directly facing the hatch. I think he must be a lot like me. I never like walking next to the hatch on an airplane because I'm always afraid it will pick precisely that moment to blow off its hinges for no apparent reason. Look in his eyes..... he's really freaked out about this.

Do the grid fins actually pivot or fold up and whatnot?

That would have been cool, but nope! Haven't figured out how to make the fins both fold and act as control surfaces yet. I'm afraid it might involve some sort of .dll sorcery that's way beyond a simple blendermonkey.

Hah, this is wonderful. And it's totally perfect for an An-2, as you obviously well know.

An-2 owns. Stall speed's like 20 mph; give it a bit of a headwind and it is the only airplane that will go slow enough to ghost ride.

Well, if you're not a spaceplane fan, there's no reason you couldn't use it as an awesome cabin for large rovers!

Its shape and great view would make it perfect for driving.

la6G6CXl.jpg

not really sure how I'm going to get this to the moon

Ah. It's a pity about that. Collapsible fins would be incredibly useful and grid fins are awesome--I'm going to use them a lot :P

Also, a thought since you have a mostly complete plane fuselage complete with textures and an airlock: would it be possible to make a 1-kerbal crew container with the exact same textures, hatch style, etc. as your cockpit? Only differences being that it'd be half-length and perfectly cylindrical--it's a really irritating gap in stock aircraft, and you've clearly got the modeling chops to pull it off.

Great cockpit, love the bed. Going to be my new standard cockpit, to be sure.

Any chance someone could make something like this into a hotel room module, and not a cockpit? Just a thought...the Hitchhiker Module is just a closet basically...this one has a bed!

What I would be very interested in in this style is a small cylindrical 2-man passenger compartment to fill the 1.25m hitchhiker and airplane passenger compartment niche, which I haven't really seen anyone do yet. It'd be nice if it were styled to match this!

What I would be very interested in in this style is a small cylindrical 2-man passenger compartment to fill the 1.25m hitchhiker and airplane passenger compartment niche, which I haven't really seen anyone do yet. It'd be nice if it were styled to match this!

There is one in Firespitter. It is very obviously meant for atmospheric use only, though, and is unfinished.

Which is why I want one too. :)

Sam, you're an IVA artist! Great internals such as this is what's missing on most mods.

I'd love to see a big living compartment, sized like the lab, but with an IVA designed like living space for bases. Something designed to sit on its size on the ground, unlike the Hitchhiker. With your IVA design skills, I think it would be a part in high demand.

Dang, nice rover. Whats mods did you use on it?

Some of the parts i've rescaled and edited but here goes:

CleverBobCat

Near Future Propulsion Pack

KSP Interstellar

B9 Aerospace Pack

KW Rocketry

Ion Hybrid Electric Pack

KAS – Kerbal Attachment System

LLL

Wayland Corp - Experimental Wheel Pack

There's some other science parts but i can't remember where i got them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.