[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

I was wondering how you put atmosphere on a planet not based on laythe or eve

You must set the atmosphere variable on true in the celestialbody.

But that's a planetfactory CE question, not a question about Urania's system.

So, at last i gave it a try.

I dont know if its issue with planet factory or Urania itself.. When i tried to make course corrections for encounter with urania, my encounter line was appearing and disappearing and appearing again trought burn (with conic mode 0)...

I visited Erato:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I hope some day PF will allow for custom ammosphere and liquids and Erato will look better up close. But its awesome from distance.

oh and one more thing:

thi is some strange geological formation :)

pVJl4zU.png

Edited by kiwiak

So, at last i gave it a try.

I dont know if its issue with planet factory or Urania itself.. When i tried to make course corrections for encounter with urania, my encounter line was appearing and disappearing and appearing again trought burn (with conic mode 0)...

I visited Erato:

http://imgur.com/a/FIpmm

I hope some day PF will allow for custom ammosphere and liquids and Erato will look better up close. But its awesome from distance.

oh and one more thing:

thi is some strange geological formation :)

http://i.imgur.com/pVJl4zU.png

Whouah ! your Erato cockpit view are awesome. For the ring of Urania, i made it as an experience with the cloud mod.

I create the aurora, the dust and snow tempest and for finish this sort of "ring".

but it's in alpha, and i notice it in the release note. I'm not really happy with this effect for the moment, but once PF allow me to create ring, it will made the job

I never encounter any problem for courses corrections at all with urania :/

And i made at least 10 fly by day.

For Erato, yeah, you're the second who show me this kind of little problem.

I'm sure it come from PF but i don't know why, and it came only with Eve template.

PF don't generate well the ocean at some part of the ad'hoc heightmap ground.

All is clean, and sometimes, it don't generate the ocean. If you look well, it's only the ocean which is break, not the ground itself.

the ocean is here, but the mod geenrate it... transparent :sealed:

Not cool at all for our little astronaut, but i correct it in a futur update.

Thank you again for your feedback, and you support

Edited by Sido

Whouah ! your Erato cockpit view are awesome. For the ring of Urania, i made it as an experience with the cloud mod.

I create the aurora, the dust and snow tempest and for finish this sort of "ring".

but it's in alpha, and i notice it in the release note. I'm not really happy with this effect for the moment, but once PF allow me to create ring, it will made the job

I never encounter any problem for courses corrections at all with urania :/

And i made at least 10 fly by day.

For Erato, yeah, you're the second who show me this kind of little problem.

I'm sure it come from PF but i don't know why, and it came only with Eve template.

PF don't generate well the ocean at some part of the ad'hoc heightmap ground.

All is clean, and sometimes, it don't generate the ocean. If you look well, it's only the ocean which is break, not the ground itself.

the ocean is here, but the mod geenrate it... transparent :sealed:

Not cool at all for our little astronaut, but i correct it in a futur update.

Thank you again for your feedback, and you support

Youre welcome. I think i will try to visit Hyperion later. (F9 and im on orbit over Erato again). Erato landing combined with kethane refuelling seems too challanging for me. No, dont make it easier, its good that way, its just me and my ship that suck :) Clouds add some difficulty too, because its harder to discern land and ocean from orbit thanks to them. Shoudl have taken scansat equipment with me.

By the way, isnt Erato SOI too big, compared to Hyperion?

What planet is this?

And what parts did you used for this lander by the way (except alcor pod).

I can't tell the planet, you must find it yourself ;)

For the lander, there's alcor pod, and some B9 and maybe KW parts i think

Youre welcome. I think i will try to visit Hyperion later. (F9 and im on orbit over Erato again). Erato landing combined with kethane refuelling seems too challanging for me. No, dont make it easier, its good that way, its just me and my ship that suck :) Clouds add some difficulty too, because its harder to discern land and ocean from orbit thanks to them. Shoudl have taken scansat equipment with me.

By the way, isnt Erato SOI too big, compared to Hyperion?

Take care with hyperion, i got some bugs again with it, the fact that i growth his size made me the planet vanish sometime when the camera are too close :/

I'm working on it, it's the most difficult body to create. I want to made it really difficult to land. But i got some bugs for now :/

Still working on it BTW

Edited by Sido

Well i didnt managed to land. Erato kept catching me and slingshoting me out of system. Even if i established orbit 120 x 250 km, on apo erato somehow managed to grab me and i ended up in highly eccentric orbit around urania. Somehow i managed to get encounter with hecate and landed there... unfortunetly on night side. Bill inside tug unfortunetly has to be discarded before landing, so he probably was ejected outside Urania system.

Landing was pretty easy, thanks to atmosphere present... but no fuel left to do anything, except little jump to look around. And didnt bothered for kethane scanning, of course, after encounter i didnt even circuralized over Hecate, just slightly tweaked trajectory to blast into atmosphere.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Oh and rcs tank bloks ladder by the way, so no getting back inside for bob. Next heavy lander wont have kethane gear like this, i will save this for light 0,05g bodies landers.

Well i didnt managed to land. Erato kept catching me and slingshoting me out of system. Even if i established orbit 120 x 250 km, on apo erato somehow managed to grab me and i ended up in highly eccentric orbit around urania. Somehow i managed to get encounter with hecate and landed there... unfortunetly on night side. Bill inside tug unfortunetly has to be discarded before landing, so he probably was ejected outside Urania system.

Landing was pretty easy, thanks to atmosphere present... but no fuel left to do anything, except little jump to look around. And didnt bothered for kethane scanning, of course, after encounter i didnt even circuralized over Hecate, just slightly tweaked trajectory to blast into atmosphere.

http://imgur.com/a/5FAJM

Oh and rcs tank bloks ladder by the way, so no getting back inside for bob. Next heavy lander wont have kethane gear like this, i will save this for light 0,05g bodies landers.

Are you sure you ot the V 0.7 ? cause Erato no more orbit hyperion.

I'm sorry if that was already mentioned... But does this planetary system capable of producing resourses from KSP Interstellar (hydrogen, oxygen, thorium, etc.) with the help of refinery? Or at least integrate with spectrometres to give information about atmospheric/ocean compounds?

Some previous people reported planets "drifting" off their orbits when near a body. I'm having this issue; in the course of about 30 seconds Hyperion drifted about 1 radius off its orbit in the normal+ direction and Erato 1/2 a radius in the normal-. Or maybe the rendered orbits, not the planets, are changing. A few others (Rhea, for instance) seem unchanged.

Anyone know whether this is problematic, and if so, how to stop it?

I'm sorry if that was already mentioned... But does this planetary system capable of producing resourses from KSP Interstellar (hydrogen, oxygen, thorium, etc.) with the help of refinery? Or at least integrate with spectrometres to give information about atmospheric/ocean compounds?

I don't use this mod so i don't know.

Some previous people reported planets "drifting" off their orbits when near a body. I'm having this issue; in the course of about 30 seconds Hyperion drifted about 1 radius off its orbit in the normal+ direction and Erato 1/2 a radius in the normal-. Or maybe the rendered orbits, not the planets, are changing. A few others (Rhea, for instance) seem unchanged.

Anyone know whether this is problematic, and if so, how to stop it?

It's a PF CE problem, ask the question on it's thread.

Sido, I am sorry if you posted saying no more planet suggestions, But I love astronomy, So If you are making a new Gas Giant, I would be happy to suggest some ideas!

Gas planet named: Lavendarous

Picture: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/262/e/b/_psd_planet_stock_gas_giant_by_a_j_s-d5f86gt.png

Information: It is actually not stormy at all! And it's polls are on its side along with rings going from equator to equator! This fun purple planet loves to get its hands dirty!

Spec.: Sideways rings, Sideways polls, Sideways Equator!

Orbits: Sun or Kerbol

Moon named: Carter

Picture: http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/163/6/9/planet_cite_by_samio85-d5jrhp3.png

+Map: http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/163/3/2/cite_surface_by_samio85-d68trr4.png

Information: This planet is a cratered planet with oceans in the craters and this planet also is call "dead" Because of it's low gravity (Duna gravity) And lack of water...

Specs.: Dead, Duna Grav, Cratered water, Lack of water, Mountain-y

Orbits: Lavendarous

Moon named: Desta

Picture: http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/172/4/2/crato_by_samio85-d5jgrvq.png

+Map: http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/172/c/4/crato_surface_by_samio85-d6a3pg7.png

Information: This little planet is made of rocks, more rocks, And rocks! Isn't that just exciting?!

Specs.: Giant crater

Orbits: Carter

Moon named: Multo

Picture: http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5435/8pt0.png

Information: This planet is purple. Maybe it is a sister to Eve in a way! Who knows, Maybe this should be my new baby crib! Not saying I'm a baby!

Specs.: Icy, Purple, little craters, Thick atmosphere

Orbits: Lavendarous

I love these ideas and hope you make a new gas giant, With some of these moons orbiting it! Plus, Please add more moons, I didn't wan't to make this message too long, I love your work, Sido, Hope life is good! :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.