Discountinued (5/6/14) (Requesting Lock)

Poryy

How about a moon that's the same size as Mun, but its periapsis is half the distance (or even closer) between Kerbin and Mun, and the apoapsis twice as far away as mun is from Kerbin. It doesn't have to be in orbit of Kerbin.

Can I use this if I already have Krag planet pack?

It doesn't appear to work just dumping it in the same place, overwriting. I still only see all of the Krag planets.

edit. Ah got it working now.

It looked the same as the Krag one so I overwrote it all - clearly something was different as it only worked when I deleted the original folder before putting the CE version and this in.

Edited by CreepyD

How about a moon that's the same size as Mun, but its periapsis is half the distance (or even closer) between Kerbin and Mun, and the apoapsis twice as far away as mun is from Kerbin. It doesn't have to be in orbit of Kerbin.

Sounds good. I will add it to Kerbol+

I have a suggestion. Why not make a planetoid, that was "Captured" by one of the planets.

The surface would be bombarded like the Mun's surface, but it would have small lakes covering it.

To have lakes it would need a semi-tenuous atmosphere, with enough pressure to prevent the water (or other liquid) from evaporating. By my calculations, an atmosphere one tenth the pressure ASL of Kerbin can sustain water up to 90 degrees C. Given that such a thin atmosphere would also draw off heat very quickly, you could probably get away with halfing that and still be within the realm of scientific plausibility.

I have a suggestion. Why not make a planetoid, that was "Captured" by one of the planets.

The surface would be bombarded like the Mun's surface, but it would have small lakes covering it.

Water is insanely difficult to create properly. Maybe later.

To have lakes it would need a semi-tenuous atmosphere, with enough pressure to prevent the water (or other liquid) from evaporating. By my calculations, an atmosphere one tenth the pressure ASL of Kerbin can sustain water up to 90 degrees C. Given that such a thin atmosphere would also draw off heat very quickly, you could probably get away with halfing that and still be within the realm of scientific plausibility.

I try to keep my planets realistic as possible.

Several, if not all of your planets do not work correctly with scanSat mod. The textures that show up when scanning give the "default" texture. This is odd since the planets I'v been working on in my own mod seem to work correctly. Another thing I might suggest is to try to make the land a little less flat. Verviedi for instance looks nice. It has several large craters that can be seen on the texture, however if you land on the surface you find that the actual terrain is very flat. I'd suggest working on that a bit so that the terrain is more interesting to explore.

Several, if not all of your planets do not work correctly with scanSat mod. The textures that show up when scanning give the "default" texture. This is odd since the planets I'v been working on in my own mod seem to work correctly. Another thing I might suggest is to try to make the land a little less flat. Verviedi for instance looks nice. It has several large craters that can be seen on the texture, however if you land on the surface you find that the actual terrain is very flat. I'd suggest working on that a bit so that the terrain is more interesting to explore.

The new planets I'm releasing today with have better landscape. Especially Althicron, with it's OCEAN!

Please give me a list of the planets that are not working, I am working on Misc. Bug fixes and have already fixed a _map bug on Corvus and Molgon. I'm pretty sure that Verviedi should work in scansat, I do believe I tested it.

NEWS 1/28/14

New planets!

Fantoma and it's moon Umbrire!

HABITABLE MOON for ARAMON, a new gas giant.

V.05 (The fluid update) is being released today!

Release 0.1:

Added Aramon, a new gas giant!

Finally got water working!

Reduced memory consumed by the mod.

Added Fantoma and it's moon Umbrire!

Added 4 moons for Aramon!

Althicron - Earthlike moon

Evon - Purple desert moon

Fonn - Another desert moon with small oceans

Haal - A frozen moon perfect for building a base.

Is there a way to load this system without Sentar system?

This happens because his Verviedi planet uses Erin as a template for some reason. I highly suggest you make sure all new planets use stock planets as a template as you get zero benefit from using krags planets.

Edited by Borisbee

This happens because his Verviedi planet uses Erin as a template for some reason. I highly suggest you make sure all new planets use stock planets as a template as you get zero benefit from using krags planets.

Whoops. That's a super fail on my part. I will fix it ASAP.

News: 1/30/14

Working on a custom ScienceDefs.cfg with more diversity than the vanilla one.

Fixing the incredibly broken ocean moons.

Known bugs:

Althicron and Fonn's height map is inverted.

Ocean on Althicron and Fonn is invisible and instantly destroys anything that touches it.

Fonn is too close to Evon.

ScanSat shows default texture instead of planetary map.

Porry - First of all - this mod looks to be brilliant. What a great idea to have a second solar system! I don't have any cheat mods so I can't really check this out - my question is, is the outermost planet around the new star, still farther away than the default outermost Kerbal planet? I'm hoping your new stuff is wayyy out in the distance so it's a bit like us humans going to Alpha Centauri, and it feels like a monumental reward for us to make it out there. (I don't know how far 3.5 hypermeters is that you listed).

Edited by jpinard

Porry - First of all - this mod looks to be brilliant. What a great idea to have a second solar system! I don't have any cheat mods so I can't really check this out - my question is, is the outermost planet around the new star, still farther away than the default outermost Kerbal planet? I'm hoping your new stuff is wayyy out in the distance so it's a bit like us humans going to Alpha Centauri, and it feels like a monumental reward for us to make it out there. (I don't know how far 3.5 hypermeters is that you listed).

You don't need cheats. I actually got to the furthest gas giant of the Abaddon system with a massive aspargus launcher and a tiny probe.

Looks like the other star is 3500 times further away from Kerbol than Eeloo is ... !

Nope. It's much closer than that. Screenshot:

zGuj0c0.png

The probe is there to prove that it is indeed possible to get there legitamately.

The actual Distance from the sun is 619,738,400,000 M

And no, it didn't have enough fuel to get into a good orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.