Defcon Corp. Orbital Tech. Pack

EsvDefcon

The Defcon Corporation Orbital Technology Division has been hard at work designing advanced new modules, with the aim of creating parts to allow space programs to build their own self-sustainable craft- be it a spaceplane, or an orbital station, we’ve got you covered.

If you plan on putting a fuel depot into orbit, then you will likely use up it’s fuel before you know it- so why not go one step further? With Defcon Corp. Orbital Tech, you can slowly regenerate your depleted fuel! And not only does our innovative new regeneration technology produce fuel, but you can also resupply your craft with oxidizer, monopropellant, xenon, and now… Hyperium™! Hyperium™ is the Defcon Corporation’s latest, and possibly most powerful discovery in the propulsion fuels research field! And because of it’s immense power, we have also provided you with a titan of an engine- the Genesis Reactor Engine!

The GRE™(Genesis Reactor Engine) provides upto four times the power of a regular large engine (with a maximum thrust of 5000)! A single engine allows you to lift monstrous payloads to heights that you never imagined possible with one engine! And, when used in conjunction with the Defcon Corp. HYG-3000 Hyperium Generator, you can travel through space at unimaginable speeds! And it’s all thanks to Defcon Corp. advanced Orbital Technology!

You can have our courier delivery this entire parts pack to your space program's ground complex, by visiting this page:

Edited by DYJ
Removed the link.

Be warned - this is a part pack that's not compiled with part tools, they're .dae models (except for the engine), so don't put it in gamedata and try to load it, the game will load no parts and delete all your existing craft in a save.

Nope. These are actually new models. I've tested it, and it seems to work fine, although the textures could use some work, and the models just seem to be fuel tanks and one engine.

EDIT: Ok, I thought that engine looked familiar.

The biggest issue right now is balance. (I can blow the engine off at launch just by throttling to full.)

Right now, I can get into orbit with just this:

screenshot46.png

That said, if the developer of this mod needs any help on the modelling, texturing, and balancing fronts, I'd be glad to help.

Edited by metalmouth7

Read the OP. He is not trying to make it balanced, he is trying to make an overpowered engine.

Honestly, if you're going to make cheater parts for KSP, at least learn how to make them properly.

I did read the OP.

Please read my entire post.

I was commenting on the fact that the engine and fuel tanks cannot even be used *as* cheater parts properly. The engine breaks off or destroys the fuel tank if fully throttled up.

Edited by metalmouth7

I did read the OP.

Please read my entire post.

I was commenting on the fact that the engine and fuel tanks cannot even be used *as* cheater parts properly. The engine breaks off or destroys the fuel tank if fully throttled up.

Soooo....dont throttle up all the way......

Even with cheater parts you should still be using proper assent mechanics...ya know, timed gravity turn, maintaining terminal velocity...all that jazz.

I can get a Mainsail to rip off on launch if its hooked to something small enough....has nothing to do with the parts, more to do with how youve used them in your build.

So don't throttle up all the way.

Even with cheater parts you should still be using proper ascent mechanics. You know, timed gravity turn, maintaining terminal velocity, and all that jazz.

I can get a Mainsail to rip off on launch if its hooked to something small enough. It has nothing to do with the parts, more to do with how you've used them in your build.

Please don't talk down to me.

My first test with these parts was to build a simple three stage station-lifter. The engines needed to burn at full throttle to maintain a sufficient acceleration, however they can't ("assent dynamics.") The joint between these engines and the fuel tank are destroyed by the force of the engine firing at anything above about 30%. I wouldn't expect a Mainsail to stay attached to an Oscar-B, but I would expect it to stay attached to a Jumbo-64, a tank it was designed to be used with. The same with these parts.

That has nothing to do with Ascent Dynamics.

That said, I think this mod has a neat idea, and I'd love to see it with some more polish.

Edited by metalmouth7

Ok everyone, due to different responses to this thread, I'm going to clear everything up here:

-This mod is not OP, it is not a "cheat" mod, and if you don't want to use it to "cheat", then do not use it on missions- it is intended for use as a way to sustain orbital satellites, and stations.

-The GRE is currently using the texture from the AIES Aerospace mo- this is simply a place holder for me to use until I can model a custom engine.

-Soon, it will be updated so that the GRE does not detach from your craft.

This mod will be more balanced soon.

-If you would be interested in helping out with modelling/texturing, etc. then please leave a reply, or send me a private message- I am currently looking for help!

Thanks for all of the feedback though, everyone, and I shall be working to make this mod better soon.

Yeah, um, unless you asked carmics and received permission to use those parts, then (as best can be told from the AIES license) you're breaking the license.

The biggest problem is that people don't seem to understand any idiot can do a cfg edit, especially simple cheat parts. Having good models is the single most important part in part mods.

Yes, which is why (as clearly stated) I am using the engine only as a very temporary placeholder until I can produce a 3D model for the engine- but, due to the complaints, I will instead be using a stock engine for now, until I can create the 3D model. Please check the downloads page for the updated version.

Sheesh, a lot of hostile KSP players in here. I guess theyre everywhere....

Anyways, to the OP. Your post violated BOTH rules on this forum for mods; your lacking a license for your work and your violating the license of another work.

You should have been compliant with both of these rules when you posted the mod, not later. Call the space krakken folks....