[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Quick Update

Javascript is disabled. View full album

-Work continues

-Landing gear got super complicated, but it's all done!

-All animations done.

-3D mesh of exterior is about 80% complete.

-All features finalized. No more additions, so please don't message me with suggestions.

Features

-Mundoor. That's the doors you see just behind the cockpit.

-Cargo Bay space 10% longer than previous pictures (the cargo bay was lengthened).

-Larger V-tail stabilizers. RCS built into the blocks in the rear.

-Kerbals sit high, cockpit panel is low and thin, think SST cab to get a rough idea.

-2 Kerbals on flight deck

-6 Kerbals on crew deck

-Cockpit is all digital and fully integrated. Will not have as many RPM MFDs as the KSO.

-FMC will be functional and will run RPM as you're used to from the KSO.

-Two center MFDs will not run RPM. They will instead be the aircraft's EIFAS and EICAS.

Each part on the bottom of the shuttle has some ablative shielding to it. Thing is that they all have an even 250, despite not heating evenly during reentry. The engine mount and nose gear are prime examples of this: The engine mount and cargo bay can come down with nearly all of their shielding intact, while the nose gear can overheat and explode if you don't keep the nose high enough while coming in.

It's not that hard to do, but the process is a tad tedious and long.

I forgot about the ablative shielding. I changed mine over to non-ablative, reflective only.

Quick Update

http://imgur.com/a/mKnkJ

-Work continues

-Landing gear got super complicated, but it's all done!

-All animations done.

-3D mesh of exterior is about 80% complete.

-All features finalized. No more additions, so please don't message me with suggestions.

Features

-Mundoor. That's the doors you see just behind the cockpit.

-Cargo Bay space 10% longer than previous pictures (the cargo bay was lengthened).

-Larger V-tail stabilizers. RCS built into the blocks in the rear.

-Kerbals sit high, cockpit panel is low and thin, think SST cab to get a rough idea.

-2 Kerbals on flight deck

-6 Kerbals on crew deck

-Cockpit is all digital and fully integrated. Will not have as many RPM MFDs as the KSO.

-FMC will be functional and will run RPM as you're used to from the KSO.

-Two center MFDs will not run RPM. They will instead be the aircraft's EIFAS and EICAS.

Looks great, man.

Off-the-wall question that just popped into my head: We've got Adamant, Dauntless, Resolute, and Tenacious as the standard KSOs, so what will the names of the Super-25 orbiters be?

Off-the-wall question that just popped into my head: We've got Adamant, Dauntless, Resolute, and Tenacious as the standard KSOs, so what will the names of the Super-25 orbiters be?

I know helldiver's going to tell us off for trying to decide this for him.... But I would love one to be called "Enterprise" as it makes nods to so many references, and I feel suits the shuttle

EDIT: Or "endeavour"... But I know the names that are coming will be awesome

Edited by GentleHeaven

I know helldiver's going to tell us off for trying to decide this for him.... But I would love one to be called "Enterprise" as it makes nods to so many references, and I feel suits the shuttle

EDIT: Or "endeavour"... But I know the names that are coming will be awesome

I really hope they name one Endeavour. That was my favourite of the shuttle fleet simply because it brought up the Canadarm2, and was the shuttle that allowed the fist Canadian spacewalk conducted by none other than Chris Hadfield.

looks absolutely amazing. I use a single vertical stabilizer on the existing KSO, are you going to keep the stabilizers customizable?

-Not the Super 25. Unless you turn off its RCS and provide your own RCS solution. Placing the v-tail into a single vertical configuration (NASA Shuttle/Buran style) will screw up the RCS and will cause it to spin out of control.

I really hope they name one Endeavour. That was my favourite of the shuttle fleet simply because it brought up the Canadarm2, and was the shuttle that allowed the fist Canadian spacewalk conducted by none other than Chris Hadfield.

-No real names allowed. To be honest, I hadn't planned on even putting a name on the side.

-Not the Super 25. Unless you turn off its RCS and provide your own RCS solution. Placing the v-tail into a single vertical configuration (NASA Shuttle/Buran style) will screw up the RCS and will cause it to spin out of control.

-No real names allowed. To be honest, I hadn't planned on even putting a name on the side.

Can you give us the what font you used for Resolute? I want to put Endeavour on the side of my KSO Super 25.

If you are allowing people to request names, the only fitting name I can think of is The Helldiver. (See what I did there)

I'ts fitting.

Looks like I'll be adding RCS then. It was the tail placement and angle that made the difference with FAR. But that's a small price to pay for a nice craft like this.