[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Hello to all.

I am having a problem where at launch only the LFRB's are 'burning' and when they die, the shuttle mains kick in. They are all in the original default stage ( as in .zip )... seems to look like power issue. not enough juice to keep all burning.... lol...

i am sure i have done something 'strange' and i hope someone can sort this out quick.

many thanks.

I'm just guessing here, but I recommend in the VAB you right click on each part and make sure the resource levels are topped off. I had a similiar issue where as I was panning around my design in the VAB I accidentally right-clicked and somehow removed all the fuel from the KSO's onboard tank.

Nice. I've tried landing my asteroid base on the moon too but it is quite unbalanced currently. Haven't got it just yet but I'm still trying.

I'm currently designing a big asteroid base, I'm welding several coupling parts together, but it's hard to build them all without being able to test if they fit. The idea is to have a series of "tubes" stretch all the way around the asteroid.

The 43rd of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and 7th flight of Phase II! STS 143's objective is to deploy the Laythe Transfer Fuel Module and return to the KSC Runway. Jeb's new space suit has quickly won over many fashion-minded kerbals in Kouston & Kongress, it seems his rebellious ways are infectious! Many kerbal jobs will be terminated at the end of the KSO project and Jeb is fighting to keep the KSO alive, even if it means launching from Laythe. They aren't happy about being phased out in favor of the KSO Super 25 EWBCL!

Thanks to Green Skull Industries (forum user: Green Skull) for his custom space suits and ships and to forum user Doc Shaftoe for his flags!!

The KSO Manned Laythe Mission will run STS 141- STS 145.

Most of the footage shown in 4x speed for quicker viewing.

STS 144 will bring up the Laythe Transfer Propulsion Module!

My newest station, it's in a 200 Km orbit with 46° of inclination. It took 12 shuttle and 5 rocket launches to finish. I used the welding mod to weld those pannels to the solar array truss sections to keep part count down.

Please pardon my ignorance, but which welding mod are you using?

I just want to say amazing work the KSO, it looks amazing! Unfortunately I have tried to install the mod in my gamedata folder and I keep receiving an error on start up of the game. It only occurs when I have the KSO folder in. I am not the most software savvy and am unsure what the issue is. Maybe I have too many mods or is KSO conflicting with another mod I have? I really like the KSO and want to be able to use it please help!

I just want to say amazing work the KSO, it looks amazing! Unfortunately I have tried to install the mod in my gamedata folder and I keep receiving an error on start up of the game. It only occurs when I have the KSO folder in. I am not the most software savvy and am unsure what the issue is. Maybe I have too many mods or is KSO conflicting with another mod I have? I really like the KSO and want to be able to use it please help!

Have you tried out Active Texture Management? It should help when you're running alot of mods.

Have you tried out Active Texture Management? It should help when you're running alot of mods.

Thank you that seemed to do the trick. I reloaded the game in went through each individual mod to be sure. Works now and I am loving it!!!!

So, not sure exactly how big they are (I have yet to see an asteroid up close), but has anyone tried catching a class A in the cargo hold and landing it yet?

Unfortunately, even the small class A asteroid I bothered capturing was still around 80T of uncooperating rock. It still dwarfed the KSO. I have pictures of my station on a class A (with KSO for scale) and some of my station on a class E if you'd like to see the size difference.

So, not sure exactly how big they are (I have yet to see an asteroid up close), but has anyone tried catching a class A in the cargo hold and landing it yet?

Class A are ~2-4 metres radius. The KSO cargo bay can hold 1.8 metre payloads. Seems like we're going to have to wait for smaller asteroids or the KSO Super 25.

I'm just guessing here, but I recommend in the VAB you right click on each part and make sure the resource levels are topped off. I had a similiar issue where as I was panning around my design in the VAB I accidentally right-clicked and somehow removed all the fuel from the KSO's onboard tank.

Will do, and thanks. Very odd and only effecting this mod....

It works with DRE fine as-is, you just need to be careful to keep the nose up on reentry and beware that it may skip once or twice off the lower atmosphere before settling in for final approach.

Each part on the bottom of the shuttle has some ablative shielding to it. Thing is that they all have an even 250, despite not heating evenly during reentry. The engine mount and nose gear are prime examples of this: The engine mount and cargo bay can come down with nearly all of their shielding intact, while the nose gear can overheat and explode if you don't keep the nose high enough while coming in.

It's not that hard to do, but the process is a tad tedious and long.

Edited by TerLoki