[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

So, who will be the first who will take Kerbin mini-shuttle to asteroid? :D

I'm allready constructing a base on a class C asteroid. It took me several hours to get the damn thing in an orbit the KSO can reach :sticktongue:. Those rocks don't move easy, I don't look forward in tackling a class E asteroid.

quick question/ bug report, I docked my sst to and OA-6C 6 way with do standard circular ports and docked the other end of the 6way to my station and now it won't undock my sst now I docked the side of the 6 way indo my KSO here is a screen shot

How are u holding it there claw and docking ports

Yes, but I also used some of the struts that come with KAS. A kerbal can just about move under the hab modules to place them.

Hello everyone, just checking out this mod and I have a question. How much twr/dV does this thing have? Seems like after getting this mod there is no reason to build rockets anymore ... ? That's like a big part of KSP lol ...

Not a whole lot. You have enough for circularising a 75-80km orbit, rendevouzing maneuvers and a deorbit burn.

Edit: rockets are more flexible in terms of payloads, this just brings a more challenging style of play if you use the KSO for strictly as building.

Edited by sharpspoonful

Not a whole lot. You have enough for circularising a 75-80km orbit, rendevouzing maneuvers and a deorbit burn.

Edit: rockets are more flexible in terms of payloads, this just brings a more challenging style of play if you use the KSO for strictly as building.

So you can only fit a certain size payload in the shuttle?

So you can only fit a certain size payload in the shuttle?

Yes, but they are working on a bigger version. But the mod comes with a load of parts just for the shuttle.

Yes, but they are working on a bigger version. But the mod comes with a load of parts just for the shuttle.

to be honest this is what has put me off re-downloading it onto my 23.5 game... sure you can put up small probes but you get the cockpit at the very end of the tech tree when i have 3.5 or 5m parts... (ok if you had stock and this only then maybe i'd use it) so in truth i don't use it... apart from the tug...

We had a little accident. I didn't even know the panels did this. All the other times the Kerbals just passed through them. Then again, I do usually avoid hitting them. Now I've got panel litter all around my shiny new asteroid base.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

EDIT: By the way, I wanted to ask: is the docking module supposed to have an IVA? I noticed it has a crew hatch and I can put kerbals in it, but I can't see any IVA as far as I can tell and their portraits in the bottom right disappear.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

We had a little accident. I didn't even know the panels did this. All the other times the Kerbals just passed through them. Then again, I do usually avoid hitting them. Now I've got panel litter all around my shiny new asteroid base.

http://imgur.com/a/U2Wc8

EDIT: By the way, I wanted to ask: is the docking module supposed to have an IVA? I noticed it has a crew hatch and I can put kerbals in it, but I can't see any IVA as far as I can tell and their portraits in the bottom right disappear.

Yeah, sorry, solar panels are totally destructible and not repairable... (unless they changed this in 0.23.5, please please Squad?)

it's actually rather comical when it happens to the giant solar panels like the Kosmos Balka. Huge mammoth solar panel and Billy-Boblie Kerman brushes against it and suddenly there's bits of solar panel all OVER the place.

I don't ever post on the forums but just wanted to thank the dev for this. Been having a blast with it. Having some luck with MechJeb on the initial ascent and circularizing. Fun model to deploy small probes with though, enjoying it immensely. Plenty of fuel on board for easy 300km orbits with a small load and plenty of fuel leftover to return. Could probably push 400km orbits w/ a small load.

wvSx4Ou.jpg

Edited by styckx

Hey guys. How heavy is the KSO without the boosters, SSMEs and LRBs?

If the craft with shroud is 45 tons and under, I can push her into space using 1 airbreathing booster that I've designed.