[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I finally landed on the runway for once. Finally got my texture figured out too. I love this mod.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Thanks for the excellent work.

I wonder if it would be possible to separate the phases into different downloads, that would be greatly appreciated. That, or a document letting us know which GameData assets belong to which phase. I am having massive problems getting my KSP install with KSO to load, and since I don't need the KSOS phase one, that would help a bunch.

I know there is no obligation on your part to do either of those things, so feel free to tell me no if you don't want to do so. :P

I have not updated my part guide for phase 3 yet. Maybe this weekend. But you were looking to remove phase 1 so that should help you get started.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

I delivered a lot of stuff to my asteroid station at 180km, and landed the shuttle with half the fuel left. I don't use mechjeb also. It's not right... you're doing something wrong. Maybe the gravity turn.

as the shuttle have wings, I start to turn arround 4k to 25°, 45° at 10k, and that follow the orbit marker at 30k+... I go to a initial orbit of 75k with the fuel tank on the shuttle almost full...

The standard mechjeb launch settings work fine for me, roll maneuver at 6.9 km, I have plenty of Delta V to get to a good orbit, I delivered an MPL+copula module to a station in a 100km orbit and had still had about a third of my fuel left on reentry interface. Granted I still over shot the primary landing site, but I'm working on that.

One small question, how do I turn on the cockpit windscreen lights? They don't seem to be linked to the lights action group.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

I believe I have found a way to make KSP.exe access up to 4.0 GB using PAE. Just when the KSP came to 3.3GB of RAM in use just after the game crashed! Until the Unity Player for Windows 64Bit be stable and Squad staff of the KSP release 64 for Windows, as follow the next tip:

A brief explanation: In 32 bit systems each process and the operating system itself is able to address up to 4GB of RAM, due to bad hardware reserves that limit falls between 3.2 to 3.8 depending on the configuration. This applies to any OS be it Windows, Linux or Mac Using PAE process can use up to 4gb 8gb depending on how the program is done even though it is 32 bits. Just run the Patch in 2 files. Mono.dll and KSP.exe

modo.dll on: "<Your installation folder KSP>\KSP_Data\Mono\mono.dll"

KSP.exe on: "<Your installation folder KSP>\KSP.exe"

Do not forget to make a backup first in case something goes wrong!

Doing this my KSP began using maximum 4Gb, and has not yet crash ... (yet! :))

Earn 500mb-700mb or more is too much!

1-1.jpg

If you want to know more about the limits of memory addressing on 32-bit systems and PAE search on Google.

Download the program to the pach: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Here is still running smooth with: Active Texture Management, Visual Astronomer's Pack V3 and many many many many other mods. :sticktongue:

I want say sorry for the unrelated post I posted.

It was late at night and trying to figure out how to put up imgur albums for something because I've never did that before.

And I was on this thread so it really convenient to test it . But unfortunately, I somehow didn't delete the last test post.

I have a suggestion to help with runway lineups and landings. I drove a small probe to the west end of the runway and parked it right at the bottom of the hill, lined up precisely with the centerline. I called it "09 centerline".

I target it during the deorbit process and follow the marker straight in.

Please ignore all the crying I was doing aboot the textures, It appears that ATM was not installed proper It was missing the most important bit. The dll file, Since re-installing it after a new fresh install I've had zero troubles and run at full resolution once more. Also the new flight model handles very very good, I've also use the config files and things to be able to have 4 separate KSO and Super 25 shuttle's Now time to make a station/mission that would use each one in a launch after launch Armageddon style.

hey helldiver... what about using that selector under the hud control to toggle the nav panel between ADI and PFD?

and also fix the pfd option on the FMS screen... it shows an incomplete orbital panel...

Coming in 3.08

NxVaD7z.jpg

FMC has been fixed as well. It was never intended to have a PFD.

Getting a real sense of scale

After importing the fuselage into my trucks project, it all clicked. The KSOs are big! When compared to a service truck, these things are ginormous! So decided to download FASA Towers and put them up to test collision clipping with Kerbals (to see how they'll handle the airstair truck.

eGpZ4Sx.jpg

5289UYM.jpg

tMk5kmZ.jpg

Maybe my question was overlooked there has been a lot of activity, I'll ask again are you going to put out a FAR config for the super25?

I don't think that will happen. It didn't happen with the KSO either. I think ppl made their own FAR config for the KSO.

Getting a real sense of scale

After importing the fuselage into my trucks project, it all clicked. The KSOs are big! When compared to a service truck, these things are ginormous! So decided to download FASA Towers and put them up to test collision clipping with Kerbals (to see how they'll handle the airstair truck.

http://i.imgur.com/eGpZ4Sx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5289UYM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tMk5kmZ.jpg

Yeah, aren't kerbals supposed to be 1m tall? They're quite short. So your shuttle is still smaller than a human sized shuttle would be for a kerbal. I look forward to your trucks. I'm still planting one on the mun once I get the chance.

EDIT: About 0.8m.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

WHat would be nice would be if both sets of boosters (KSO and Super 25) had parachutes added to them. Since it looks like 0.24 will be out shortly with the possibility of upcomming finances a retrievable booster would be a fantastic idea.

WHat would be nice would be if both sets of boosters (KSO and Super 25) had parachutes added to them. Since it looks like 0.24 will be out shortly with the possibility of upcomming finances a retrievable booster would be a fantastic idea.

Surface attach a radial parachute to the LRBs. However parachutes might affect how the LRBs separate.

So your shuttle is still smaller than a human sized shuttle would be for a kerbal.

Your comment doesn't make sense, or I'm not understanding what you mean.

Do you mean a person should be able to play a game of basketball inside the shuttles?

These are space vehicles, and even the real shuttle is cramped compared to your everyday Airliner jet. Standard housing sizes of 8-10 feet wouldn't apply on a vehicle that's trying to save on weight. The KSOs, and especially the Super 25 were made through hours of research from Phase 1 and later Phase 2. By taking pics of the Kerbals sitting in the chairs in the Habitat modules, Observation modules, and KSO cockpit. Only the standard KSO's Crew Deck is lower than usual, but that's do to landing gear sitting there.

Not sure you know this, but the Kerbals are actually inside the KSOs in real time, they are not instanced like other games do when you IVA/EVA.

Note floor heights and seat sizes (compare to in-game Kerbals)

kHv8qr7.jpg

Note roof height on crew deck. Kerbals can stand comfortably. Note door size as well.

PHdCz4O.jpg

So how then, is the KSO and KSO Super 25 smaller than they should be?

Kerbals are slightly less than 2 3/5th feet for me (helmet removed), which is the size I stick to when doing IVAs for several reasons: Camera PoV and ergonomics (make things feel comfortable and within click reach when playing IVA).

The issue comes from wishful thinking on behalf of some folks on the forums wanting real sized vehicles, 1 meter tall kerbals, erroneous information on the wiki, camera PoV showing strange perspective deformations, and confusion between helmeted Kerbals and the doors/ports on things. Trust me, Nazari kept saying the same thing until I ripped off a hatch and stuck it in the IVA to finally prove him wrong.

All of the phases are done to the Kerbal. Not to forum mouthbreathers or wiki information. In-fact I wouldn't even trust Harvester's information unless he provided me with the exact Kerbal model. :D

Edit:Standard Docking Port from Phase II inside KSO 25 Crew Deck

Standard Docking Port from Phase II next to seat inside KSO 25 Crew Deck

Edited by helldiver

Your comment doesn't make sense, or I'm not understanding what you mean.

Do you mean a person should be able to play a game of basketball inside the shuttles?

These are space vehicles, and even the real shuttle is cramped compared to your everyday Airliner jet. Standard housing sizes of 8-10 feet wouldn't apply on a vehicle that's trying to save on weight. The KSOs, and especially the Super 25 were made through hours of research from Phase 1 and later Phase 2. By taking pics of the Kerbals sitting in the chairs in the Habitat modules, Observation modules, and KSO cockpit. Only the standard KSO's Crew Deck is lower than usual, but that's do to landing gear sitting there.

Not sure you know this, but the Kerbals are actually inside the KSOs in real time, they are not instanced like other games do when you IVA/EVA.

Note floor heights and seat sizes (compare to in-game Kerbals)

http://i.imgur.com/kHv8qr7.jpg

Note roof height on crew deck. Kerbals can stand comfortably. Note door size as well.

http://i.imgur.com/PHdCz4O.jpg

So how then, is the KSO and KSO Super 25 smaller than they should be?

Kerbals are slightly less than 2 3/5th feet for me (helmet removed), which is the size I stick to when doing IVAs for several reasons: Camera PoV and ergonomics (make things feel comfortable and within click reach when playing IVA).

The issue comes from wishful thinking on behalf of some folks on the forums wanting real sized vehicles, 1 meter tall kerbals, erroneous information on the wiki, camera PoV showing strange perspective deformations, and confusion between helmeted Kerbals and the doors/ports on things. Trust me, Nazari kept saying the same thing until I ripped off a hatch and stuck it in the IVA to finally prove him wrong.

All of the phases are done to the Kerbal. Not to forum mouthbreathers or wiki information. In-fact I wouldn't even trust Harvester's information unless he provided me with the exact Kerbal model. :D

Haha, I'm sorry. I didn't word that properly and apologize. I meant: compared to a real human shuttle, you still have the smaller shuttle (kerbal sized). I only mentioned it because you said your shuttles were huge. And they are compared to things like a kerbal truck, but that's because kerbals are small. I imagine if we were to be placed in a version of one of your shuttles they'd be quite cramped for us. I don't know. I'm sorry for the confusion. I've seen the shots you posted of the original KSO with the interior in place and actually stumbled upon them awhile ago when the S25 was still in development. I was gonna ask you to post similar shots like you just did but forgot all about it. Thanks anyway.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF