Kerbal Construction Time/StageRecovery Dev Thread

magico13

49 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Yeah, it's alive but I'm not doing a lot with it right now. When I've been working on mods I've been trying to get ScrapYard completed and recently have been trying to fix some stuff in StageRecovery.

Ah okay, no problems, I'm using Beta #42 right now, and it seems to be holding up so far.

7 hours ago, Omegabigb said:

I agree KCT is one of the most immersive mods out there, but is this mod still alive?

There doesn't appear to have been an update in months.

What problem are you having with KCT? I have not found any problems, and if it's not broke don't "fix" it. If you have encountered a problem please do post what it is and the log.

1 hour ago, JeffreyCor said:

What problem are you having with KCT? I have not found any problems, and if it's not broke don't "fix" it. If you have encountered a problem please do post what it is and the log.

well I hadn't really tried the beta before today mostly Because A) the 1.3 version is kinda hard to find and B) the front page of this forum says that the beta version will not work properly and most likely break everything.

But like I said beta #42 seems to be working okay.

1 hour ago, Omegabigb said:

well I hadn't really tried the beta before today mostly Because A) the 1.3 version is kinda hard to find and B) the front page of this forum says that the beta version will not work properly and most likely break everything.

But like I said beta #42 seems to be working okay.

The warnings are because of crybabies that freak out is something doesn't go right. :0.0: Very few times have I ever encountered a save breaking bug over the years and usually only after a major update. I believe KCT is stable enough for a regular release and SR as bugs there seem to be minor. The only one that has issues is SY. :)

28 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

The warnings are because of crybabies that freak out is something doesn't go right. :0.0: Very few times have I ever encountered a save breaking bug over the years and usually only after a major update. I believe KCT is stable enough for a regular release and SR as bugs there seem to be minor. The only one that has issues is SY. :)

that´s good to hear, KCT is hands down one of my favorite mods, right up there with remote tech, which is the other mod I always install on any KSP game. 

Edited by Omegabigb

I found a bug in scrapyard/KCT.

1) Build a ship, launch & recover. (6 days to build)

2) Build another, using the inventory parts available. (2 days to reassemble)

3) Duplicate the ship in the queue (6 days to build)

4) Edit the duplicate, make no changes, wait a second (build time updates to 2 days)

Bonus) Reset parts -> 6 days.  Apply parts -> back to 2 days.

Kinda smells like multiple new ships are using the same old inventory parts after a duplicate action?

16 hours ago, suicidejunkie said:

Kinda smells like multiple new ships are using the same old inventory parts after a duplicate action?

Yeah, I suspected there were still bugs in how that was all being handled that could lead to stuff like this. The Edit functionality has always been a bit troublesome with regards to the inventory and the way that ScrapYard works it's not a surprise that the duplicate functionality is acting that way. I'll have to either reset everything to new parts when duplicating or try to replace those parts with similar ones from the inventory.

• 3 weeks later...

On 2/18/2018 at 11:35 PM, suicidejunkie said:

This should be fixed now in the latest dev build. It'll now refresh the parts to brand new ones when you duplicate, meaning you'll have to edit any ships to apply inventory parts manually. You will need the absolute latest ScrapYard build for it to work correctly though.

On 3/7/2018 at 7:32 PM, JeffreyCor said:

astonishing, at quick first check 1.4 does not seem to have blown up KCT :o Almost every other mod seem to have including RealChutes so once that is updated who knows what may happen with SR :P

Well the latest build is against 1.4 specifically. I haven't checked up on RealChutes but I did just update StageRecovery. I'm attempting to finish up some ScrapYard things in the next few days, then I'll release 1.0 of ScrapYard and a new release of KCT following that.

On 8.3.2018 at 1:32 AM, JeffreyCor said:

astonishing, at quick first check 1.4 does not seem to have blown up KCT :o Almost every other mod seem to have including RealChutes so once that is updated who knows what may happen with SR :P

There are some changes needed for the integration of

a) usage of the extra DLC launch sites 

B) it remains to be seen if Kerbal konstructs will function without the DLC installed, but with 1.4 there is some rework needed.

But As long you stay at the ksc it could be working 

I've forgotten how much I hate working in the mess that is KCT's code base... Next project is definitely going to be KCT 2.0

But at least now you can select and launch from other launchsites, so that's cool.

Edited by magico13

54 minutes ago, N70 said:

Are 1.4.1 builds stable?

No, not yet. There shouldn't be anything too crazy happening, but per the discussion on the release thread ScrapYard integration isn't working right and it's highly recommend to play with that. I haven't tested everything against 1.4.1 yet either so there might be areas that aren't working right.

Edited by magico13

56 minutes ago, N70 said:

Do you think ScrapYard integration will be easy to fix? also if you ever want kerbalism integration (maybe integrate it with kerbalism's planner/GUI), ask me :D

I don't expect it to be too bad since ScrapYard was written with KCT in mind. I haven't really checked out Kerbalism too much so I'm not sure what sort of integration would be useful, but let me know if there's something you think I should check into with regards to Kerbalism. I'm probably going to be working on a rewrite of KCT in the near future so I likely won't add anything like that to the current one, but would keep it in mind for the rewrite.

After installing the latest KCT/ScrapYard I can't select different launchsites (ie Woomerang) any more. Is this intentional? Do I need to do something to unlock it? (and yes I have turned it on in the settings)

Edited by severedsolo

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

After installing the latest KCT/ScrapYard I can't select different launchsites (ie Woomerang) any more. Is this intentional? Do I need to do something to unlock it? (and yes I have turned it on in the settings)

I haven't figured out a good way to disable the launch buttons on the drop-down yet, so I've had to disable it entirely for the time being. You can select a different launch site before launch from kct's menu, but I guess that doesn't really help for simulating. I've got an idea of how to handle it but it kind of sucks.

31 minutes ago, magico13 said:

I haven't figured out a good way to disable the launch buttons on the drop-down yet, so I've had to disable it entirely for the time being. You can select a different launch site before launch from kct's menu, but I guess that doesn't really help for simulating. I've got an idea of how to handle it but it kind of sucks.

Ah yes. I missed that option. I kind of prefer that anyway, I was constantly forgetting to select the dropdown before hitting build or editing and it was reverting back to the default anyway.

As far as simulation goes: as far as i can tell KRASH doesn't support the other sites anyway, so no big.

Edited by severedsolo

I posted this on the main thread, but I'll post it here as well:

Alright, KCT seems to be pretty much ready to go as far as I can tell with some limited testing. So if anyone's willing to do some more thorough testing, please grab the latest build from the build server here and let me know what weird problems you find. Even if you don't find anything after a fairly comprehensive play session(s), let me know if it all seems to be working for you (or not). I'm going to change up a couple things with how the build server does builds to match ScrapYard's setup, but I anticipate KCT should be officially released in the next few days pending a bit more testing.

• 3 years later...

Hi -- first - amazing mod...but am having a really weird bug.  I've confirmed that this is the mod that is causing the problem - and Im sure its interacting badly with the other like 1000 mods Im using, but yeah...  so anytime I send a kerbal out ON KERBIN... (so far...new careet)....on EVA he/she explodes.  I get a message, its too cold.  SOmetimes they will come out wearing their helmet, and I tell them take the helmet off...and they explode.   Anyone else experience this?  

Heres ksp.log- https://filebin.redpill-linpro.com/d3x9cd5vb1ijyobo/KSP.log

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.