Pixelarts!

jmiki8

The title says it all: Show off your pixelarts! They don't have to relate to KSP (that's why I didn't post this in the fan works section).

Personally, I love pixel arts, it's like building a model, but not from plastic parts, but pixels instead!

A collection of Boeing 737-800s:

wEhZZsa.pngHFsjupD.pngZNNZcAh.pngiYbmYSy.png2z4EfrW.pngax3IgEO.pngB2gQc2g.pngZoO0tMG.pngtltTXM0allGoyeoav.pnggW53Nwx.pngRcscfN2.pngkj1J9YH.pngtltTXM0.pngycCGi38.png

In order:

Turkish airlines, TuiFly, Transavia, Southwest Airlines, Siberian Airlines, Ryanair, Qantas

Malév, American Airlines (old), American Airlines (new), Aeroflot, El Al, KLM, White (a.k.a empty)

A Tu-154 (as in my signature), in the now bankrupt Malév's colors (before 1989):

S7TXJUm.png

An old tram used in Budapest:

G1rdksf.png

A not-so old tram still in use

KU19RIe.png

A badly-drawn PzKpfW III:

YybvVMm.png

yes, the barrel casts no shadow lol

An eletric locomotive still used in my country today:

NsEcw7m.png

A try at making a pixel art car - a Mazda 3:

l27mly4.png

Don't hide your pixel arts! Share them here! :3

Edited by jmiki8

Well, I'm not professional, and I haven't followed any tutorials. I learned it mostly by testing. Usually I start with the outline (who knew?), then the colors, and finally the shadows. Having a reference picture is a key. It's also good if you know the actual dimensions of the object, which makes changing RL lengths into pixel lengths.

EDIT: I don't think if there's any good tutorials on 2d pixelarts (well, it's basically drawing on a small scale), but for isometric (the 3d-ish) I found a nice one: http://gas13.ru/v3/tutorials/isometric_pixelart_tutorial_mathematics_of_isometrics.php

Edited by jmiki8

I like all those variants of the 737-800 :P

I used to make pixel art frequently but i had to stop when minecraft changed the texture pack format to resourcess pack (I was too lazy to convert the entire works to the new format so i also stopped playing minecraft, but i recently started to play it again) Those days were when i did most of what i had.

I started with a poorly drawn pixel art of my best character Thokova, Its sad that most of my works aren't on this computer but the only things i have are this:

0MqhwJ1.png

Soul Man its the newest iv'e made

OcWh8sb.gif

This one is poorly drawn, i had to rebuild this one from scratch on my old computer due to an error whit Paint.NET

nRf3qNG.gif

I also made this Light-house Inspired guy! (I just had to make the other frames and then animate it)

Here's a thingy I did today: a Soviet/Russian T-72:

rHMwSEO.png

This is one of my favourite "modern" tanks (it's more than 40 years old...). I have seen a lot near my home, as there's a military camp nearby, where they store these vehicles. They are not used for battles (fortunately), more like helping out vehicles stuck in the snow in winter (where they can still show their brute force). :D Probably, today's western tanks could shoot through 2 of these armors lolz (if they aren't upgraded). But they were dangerous enemies in their golden age.

Edited by jmiki8

My favorite tank of the T series is the T-34-85, its service during WWII was impressing because it was fast and destructive against the German tanks.

I had a Tank on my other computer it was a custom one inspired by Metal Slug (I had played 1-7 and X-XX :D) But it was a little weird, ill totally find it!.

Do you have a T-34-85? I would like to see one made yourself :P

what you should do is start a community space station. section off a grid for little cells of a large bitmap. let members of the ksp community pixel in the cells. assemble cells into community space station. the freespace community attempted this some years ago, we never did finish it.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=37852.msg1013623#msg1013623

i did the pirate section, and emperor khonsu's fish and chips.

i think we should do a ksp one.

Those are really awesome. Any tutorials to get started on pixelart?

1. open paint

2. select pencil tool

3. click a lot

Edited by Nuke

Why not start right now?

Meet the Karya Module, the first launched module of the United Kerbal Station:

cuXfjB4.png

Feel free to touch up my poor first attempt at serious pixel art or add more modules.

But remember to leave at least one available docking port for other people to expand from your module. :)

The one on the right is an airlock. I'll dock a hub if it needs one.

EDIT:

Docking Hub firmly attached.

nsZq3Ky.png

Edited by Holo

Z3mzRp1.png

Added another (fictional) module with a docking port on the front. How 'bout we make some rules? Here's my suggestions:

1) Don't touch each other's modules, and once you pass out the design, everything is permanent. (For example, Holo can't edit his module because I've already added something to it, and I can't edit his because I didn't make it).

2) Keep your module to a reasonable size. No Zaryulenko-esque station modules here. :P

3) Try to stay on the color scheme of the station, so it doesn't look like a two year old kid made it.

As I said, I'm just suggesting them, not enforcing them. :)

Edited by astropapi1

Suggested alteration to rule 1: you should be able to deorbit or rearrange spaceship modules with the permission of the person who drawn them or a majority consensus vote.

EDIT:

Kp2K6ax.png

Added two trusses for more module attachment points

Edited by Holo

k26tgvL.png

Added a cupola to the original module. It's kinda ugly so feel free to modify it, extended the attachment point next to the Apollo CSM, and added some mini Kerbals which look more to scale. Still didn't remove the big guy. :)

Edited by astropapi1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.