[Ongoing Dev] [0.23.5] Modular Kolonization System v0.16 (RELEASE) [05-10-2014]

RoverDude

Never mind, I got TAC, and it definitely adds a sense of realism. Maybe this could be implemented into the stock game as a hard mode? :) I'm probably being a blind idiot, but what module makes patchkits and repairkits? I think I looked through all of the modules, but none say that the output is that, and nearly all need those to function. Any help?

I noticed you plan to add planetary storage. Check out this mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79010-ResourceRecovery-for-KSPI-EL-and-Kethan-DevThread-alpha-download/page4

Looks quite promising (especially when funds are added)

Edit: And don't forget to add Karbonite support to MKS (Logistics Hub, unless you already did!)

Another thing: Could you add a production module for RocketParts from EPL?

As you know, Kethane is broken atm and therefore the converters from EPL won't work, don't know if taniwha will change the converters.

Would be a nice addon to your bases, having the possibility to add launchpads.

Support for DangIt! would be nice too (production of SpareParts, could be the same building as RocketParts production)

Add these to GitHub issues please :D

Does this mod REQUIRE firespitter and texture replacer? Seeing how they are all packed together, you would assume, but I thought I would ask.

FireSpitter and TweakScale you mean. Yes. Texture Replacer is there to stop ORS from breaking.

Does this mod REQUIRE firespitter and texture replacer? Seeing how they are all packed together, you would assume, but I thought I would ask.

Firespitter is included in the download and Texture Replacer is just compatible with it

I have a question about the logistics hub. It does not seem to be right clickable. I mean that no menu appears when i right click it. Are there any requirements for the menu to appear, or is there a bug with it?

Thanks

I have a question about the logistics hub. It does not seem to be right clickable. I mean that no menu appears when i right click it. Are there any requirements for the menu to appear, or is there a bug with it?

Thanks

Do you have a command pod and electricity?

Hey RoverDude. I've run into a bit of a mystery. The MKS resources have disappeared from my game. The mod is still in it's directory and all the resource files are present, etc. Kethane still shows on my scans, and in the distribution of when it was first scanned, but all other reference to ore, minerals, substrate and water have vanished. The overlay tab doesn't switch, and the hover window only displays kethane stats. Not even 'None' or 'No Data'.

I did just install Karbonite, but I'm not 100% on reversing that, and I have a ton of mods, so it could be anything, though I've made sure anything relevant is as up to date as possible. Do you know what would cause this, or at least what I should be looking at?

Hey RoverDude. I've run into a bit of a mystery. The MKS resources have disappeared from my game. The mod is still in it's directory and all the resource files are present, etc. Kethane still shows on my scans, and in the distribution of when it was first scanned, but all other reference to ore, minerals, substrate and water have vanished. The overlay tab doesn't switch, and the hover window only displays kethane stats. Not even 'None' or 'No Data'.

I did just install Karbonite, but I'm not 100% on reversing that, and I have a ton of mods, so it could be anything, though I've made sure anything relevant is as up to date as possible. Do you know what would cause this, or at least what I should be looking at?

If it's MKS 0.19x up, there is no Kethane support - ORS only.

I've had a gander around the thread and can't get confirmation; 64bit compatible or prone to crashing? I've not been able to get it working for more than ten minutes isolated to this mod on 64bit Windows. :c Shame I want MKS!

If it's MKS 0.19x up, there is no Kethane support - ORS only.

So what do I use to scan for and map resources now? Or rather, how does ORS relate to me as a player? I was given to understand that it's a tool for mod devs to create their own resources. Apologies for sounding like a complete n00b. I'm just at a loss, though likely the answer is staring me right in the face. *mumbles something about wood and trees...*

It's concentration based. Which means that you can land anywhere and mine/harvest. The differences though is you should probably scan to find the higher concentration areas and mine there. That way you can mine at X speed instead of say 1/2X. Also you won't run out of resources at your location like in Kethane.

Started putting together my OKS and after I got a few components up in orbit and tried docking a 3rd module my docking clamps no longer have any magnetism and don't clamp to each other... Tried different saves, closed the game and started it back up.

Anyone else having this issue and how to fix it?

Started putting together my OKS and after I got a few components up in orbit and tried docking a 3rd module my docking clamps no longer have any magnetism and don't clamp to each other... Tried different saves, closed the game and started it back up.

Anyone else having this issue and how to fix it?

Some quick trouble shooting has revealed the problem and fix. Apparently when trying to mix and match stock docking ports with the MKS/OKS ports causes issues. Not sure why or what the inner workings are that is causing the issue, but sticking with MKS/OKS ports seems to be working better.

Some quick trouble shooting has revealed the problem and fix. Apparently when trying to mix and match stock docking ports with the MKS/OKS ports causes issues. Not sure why or what the inner workings are that is causing the issue, but sticking with MKS/OKS ports seems to be working better.

So...apparently the orientation of the MKS/OKS ports matter.... It's very important to have the foil opening facing outward...otherwise, yeah, nothing goes well.

Problem fixed.

So I have some questions about the way some of the modules work. I built myself an orbital station with the parts that the wiki suggested but am not quite sure that everything is running properly or that I have the proper generators active.

My first question is on the aeroponics module. The infographic says I should have the greenhouse activated to turn compost into biomass but when I turn it on it says "Greenhouse: No space for more ..." Not entirely sure what it thinks I don't have space for as all my storage tanks have empty space. It doesn't seem to be producing biomass either. Also wondering if I am supposed to activate the air filter here seeing as the infographic shows all my oxygen being provided by the greenhouse.

Next is the Kerbitat. The composter seems to be running but the habitat says I don't have enough biomass which makes sense since my greenhouse doesn't seem to be generating any.

Assuming I only need command and purify active the colony control center and the terraformer seem to be running just fine.

The last thing I just wanted to verify was whether these are meant for TACs new consumption rates. I assume they would be since it requires the newest version but the numbers in the tooltips of the various components seem really low.

So I have some questions about the way some of the modules work. I built myself an orbital station with the parts that the wiki suggested but am not quite sure that everything is running properly or that I have the proper generators active.

My first question is on the aeroponics module. The infographic says I should have the greenhouse activated to turn compost into biomass but when I turn it on it says "Greenhouse: No space for more ..." Not entirely sure what it thinks I don't have space for as all my storage tanks have empty space. It doesn't seem to be producing biomass either. Also wondering if I am supposed to activate the air filter here seeing as the infographic shows all my oxygen being provided by the greenhouse.

Next is the Kerbitat. The composter seems to be running but the habitat says I don't have enough biomass which makes sense since my greenhouse doesn't seem to be generating any.

Assuming I only need command and purify active the colony control center and the terraformer seem to be running just fine.

The last thing I just wanted to verify was whether these are meant for TACs new consumption rates. I assume they would be since it requires the newest version but the numbers in the tooltips of the various components seem really low.

Go to the space center then come back and try reactivating your greenhouse generator.

Make sure you have the storage modules - all three of them.

Uses latest TAC version with new rates.

Do not use purify - that's for Laythe/Kerbin

Go to the space center then come back and try reactivating your greenhouse generator.

Make sure you have the storage modules - all three of them.

Uses latest TAC version with new rates.

Do not use purify - that's for Laythe/Kerbin

Tried going back to the space center and back and reactivating but no luck. I do have all three of the storage containers listed on the wiki. Currently the station consists of :

1 C3 module

1 Kerbitat

1 Aeroponics module

1 Terraformer

2 Inflatable Habitat Rings

1 Inflatable Agriculture Garden

2 ISM Liffe Support

1 ISM Agriculture

1 ISM Equipment

and then powered by a 3.5 fission reactor from Interstellar

Tried going back to the space center and back and reactivating but no luck. I do have all three of the storage containers listed on the wiki. Currently the station consists of :

1 C3 module

1 Kerbitat

1 Aeroponics module

1 Terraformer

2 Inflatable Habitat Rings

1 Inflatable Agriculture Garden

2 ISM Liffe Support

1 ISM Agriculture

1 ISM Equipment

and then powered by a 3.5 fission reactor from Interstellar

Usual side questions... your aeroponics is full of enrichedsoil right?

Usual side questions... your aeroponics is full of enrichedsoil right?

Yep I brought up 2700 basic machinery and 750 enriched soil along with 1 ton of the patch, repair kits, and replacement parts. I've lost a bit of the spare parts by now but still have full soil.

Also have transferred in three large life support containers to make sure I had enough spare in case things weren't working so there sis a ton of oxygen, water, and food.

Edited by Mlah

Yep I brought up 2700 basic machinery and 750 enriched soil along with 1 ton of the patch, repair kits, and replacement parts. I've lost a bit of the spare parts by now but still have full soil.

Also have transferred in three large life support containers to make sure I had enough spare in case things weren't working so there sis a ton of oxygen, water, and food.

At a loss tbh...