As a KSP veteran today's news of the Soyuz mission leaves me thinking ...

nadreck

I hate it when that happens!

http://www.redorbit.com/news/space/1113104232/expedition-40-soyuz-crew-dock-delayed-thruster-malfunction-032614/

How many times have I started a rendezvous maneuver only to realize I was thrusting the wrong way. Happens when I have had control in the wrong part or port. I love the view in a lander from an upside down cupola on the base, but don't leave control there!!! So often turning the other way round and thrusting, or trying to do as large a burn with thrusters is just a waste as I would be way past where I would need to be, but in a closer orbit and therefore have to wait longer than if I just recalculate from the one I am in as soon as I realize my mistake.

Well in KSP, the one time my thrusters failed to fire during a docking maneuver, was the time I forgot to install them. So i had to dock main engine only. I guess that is out of the question here.... or is it

The new trio of astronauts are scheduled to be aboard the ISS until September.

I don't think I could possibly retain my sanity locked in a Holiday Inn Express that long, much less a tin can. Yeah the views are spectacular, but after about week I would start flipping out.

Still see they are trying for that 6 hour launch and dock. Things happen though.. :)

I was thinking that was a very fast launch to dock. What is the average , a couple of days?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.