The Grand 0.23.5 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Advanced grabber unit not there yet all other parts and asteroids are.

in sandbox it exists

I have asteroids

all other parts exist.

Yet in science mode it does not?

what research section is the grabber unit in? I have none open research items showing. So I assume I got it. Please help

Please help I want to try it out with a new ship that I just finished

-rex

The sounds, the freaking sounds. Just... WHY.

Anyways, already catched an asteroid and it's orbiting Kerbin, going to get a bigger ship now that I require less deltaV, and drag it to a better orbit.

[h=2]Advanced grabber unit not there yet all other parts and asteroids are[/h]

in sandbox it exists

I have asteroids

all other parts exist.

Yet in science mode it does not?

what research section is the grabber unit in? I have none open research items showing. So I assume I got it. Please help

Please help I want to try it out with a new ship that I just finished

-rex

well, we got these fantastic new giant parts, however, things like the new SRB are so long that the existing decouplers dont work well without a decent amount of struts. Since from what i hear the new unity update allows more contact points couda pretty please with pulverized Jeb on top give us some longer decouplers?

thanks,

Mike

I actually found one strut at the top and one at the bottom was enough to keep the new SRBs from wobbling. wouldn't really call that a lot.

I've decided I'm going to use asteroids to construct a scale model of the solar system along the length of the runway.

This should be interesting...

Hmmm, I dont think the asteroids vary in size enough to have both the sun and the smaller planets to scale.

However... you could construct one in space, using the Mun as the Sun, and asteroids as the planets.

I just installed another mod, and I saw all these weird parts in my parts list... I was thinking "These don't look right... these almost look like the parts that are coming with .24!" So I guess I've been playing for hours today and didn't get the update until I restarted. When did this happen?

Anyway, looking forward to it. Woohoo!

Yeah they're def buffed. 2kn thrust, 4200 Isp, 8.729 E/s. I imagine people will complain they're op but as it was between ants and oscar b's and nuclear rockets there was really no purpose for them. Especially being so high on the tech tree I think making them useful really adds a nice dimension.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.