[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

Here is something I have been working lately... A remodel that will break saves. The release that will be packed with this will be a resized Taurus SM for pairing with SDHI. I will (again) remodel the Service Module as well.

Shiny! I was hoping for something like that. Can't wait to see it textured, and flying!

The Trusus parts do not resize well with the Realism Overhaul mod (and the new engine doesn't have the EngineIgnitor settings yet). Is this something that belongs here or should I post it in the Realism Overhaul mod thread?

Thank you for this great mod!

Cancel the resizing, I think I'll be integrating it with TweakScale :P

Nooooooooo... Sigh, as you wish, I can understand why. But I'll probably end up removing it and making two separate SM.

It looks great anyway! ^^

Edited by Initar

The Trusus parts do not resize well with the Realism Overhaul mod (and the new engine doesn't have the EngineIgnitor settings yet). Is this something that belongs here or should I post it in the Realism Overhaul mod thread?

Thank you for this great mod!

Might want to post it there because I have no idea how those work, some guys working and playing with ROv knows their work around those like RedAV8R.

Nooooooooo... Sigh, as you wish, I can understand why. But I'll probably end up removing it and making two separate SM.

It looks great anyway! ^^

Making tweakscale integration will make it easier to switch sizes by the click of a button :D

Yes it does. On update:

https://i.imgur.com/G25jjrt.png

Here goes the ICPS but still derpy engines, I'll be working on it more when I get on again.

A closer look at the detail in game:

https://i.imgur.com/RVpdDK4.png

https://i.imgur.com/oHBQVfU.png

Engine only shot:

https://i.imgur.com/smwdziy.png

That looks great! Although less stockalike than the old one.

Nice "X" truss!!

You tempted to include it in your pack? :P

That looks great! Although less stockalike than the old one.

It looks less derpy but it uses base color of kerbodyne tanks, even the Adapter Truss is painted kerbodyne black haha :P

I don't see any flames / heat / whatever kind of visuals when I fire the LAS. It works but there are no visuals.

The LAS also is missing an "allowShutdown" attribute: #17

Is this an issue with the sensible pumps? Just wanna know.

Can't wait for update. Love your mods Black Heart. Just wish I didn't have a poor laptop so I could run more of your mods without hitting the RAM limit but I will always use this mod because it's just so darn handy!

Thanks

Sir, the next update will be more efficient in ram space more than the past one (and looks better!)

Actually, on the Hotrockets page, someone just got expanding exhaust with atmo density. Figured I'd point it out.

Textures and meshes look great, by the way.

Heeeey, totally cool. sarbian told me about it and I was too lazy to figure out I'll see what I can do, it's gonna be neat if I can use it.

this was my reaction

Edit: also are you planning on having different rocket nozzles in the future for the service module extension?

Like this?

rl10b2a.jpg

I was planning to but I can't promise, we'll see.

Is this an issue with the sensible pumps? Just wanna know.

Yes, if using sensible pump this seems to be causing issues (the LES stops firing when I try to jettison it). But sensible pumps can of course be disabled for the part in VAB manually.

What I wrote about the missing flame / fire / engine visuals on the LES also applies to the other engines. No flames at all for me.

Also the interstage adapter seems to create some wobble on my rocket but I'm still investigating it.

https://i.imgur.com/gu7M2XU.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/2Bxi11q.png

Worked on some more add-ons for SDHI (SDHI is still needed because it has the umbilical feature for the Mk1-2pod and I don't plan to replicate it at the moment, I traced the model so it's just same sized)

It looks good but if you just want to expand SDHI why are basically making SDHI parts? Don't get me wrong they are beautiful but unless you plan on making an expansion like SDHI instead of adding to SDHI why make the stuff that is already made. It seems it will just creat confusion in the VAB.

It looks good but if you just want to expand SDHI why are basically making SDHI parts? Don't get me wrong they are beautiful but unless you plan on making an expansion like SDHI instead of adding to SDHI why make the stuff that is already made. It seems it will just creat confusion in the VAB.

True, but.... this is the reason:

Are you going to supply the ATV-alike version with the 4 small engine nozzles rather than the one large one seen on Constellation versions of Orion?

I'm making a more accurate version than SDHI though I still appreciate the work, I don't want to overwrite it, rather, I wanna work side by side with it, the one I am creating right now is the ATV version which means I'll add something like the 4 small engine nozzles + oms version than the large engine but I'll also add the large on for constellation.

The ATV version is planned to be able to store some amount of Life Support like TAC for example. (I planned KAS container on config but no idea how to get from inside the tank realistically so I didn't want to do it)

All in all, this will now look more like a more modern stockalike derived (almost every color on textures are stockalikes). More detailed and job specific service module and engines which are detailed as well, as you saw in HG-10B-2. Tweakscale is planned for tanks.

Textures are efficiently UV mapped, shared by 2 or more parts at some point, model have low polys but still look good to me. 1024*1024 textures.

Here, have a look:

IqCthgK.png

SFYN0yf.jpg

Texture Done in Service Module but still working on Decoupler bumps.

Trying to copy SDHI's umbilical texture to do will be the bump map. I can't understand the last one plug on the umbilical so I typed whatever.

I'm sleepy so that's an update for now.

PS, I also do this because I like to (not a major reason but motivation)

True, but.... this is the reason:

I'm making a more accurate version than SDHI though I still appreciate the work, I don't want to overwrite it, rather, I wanna work side by side with it, the one I am creating right now is the ATV version which means I'll add something like the 4 small engine nozzles + oms version than the large engine but I'll also add the large on for constellation.

The ATV version is planned to be able to store some amount of Life Support like TAC for example. (I planned KAS container on config but no idea how to get from inside the tank realistically so I didn't want to do it)

All in all, this will now look more like a more modern stockalike derived (almost every color on textures are stockalikes). More detailed and job specific service module and engines which are detailed as well, as you saw in HG-10B-2. Tweakscale is planned for tanks.

Textures are efficiently UV mapped, shared by 2 or more parts at some point, model have low polys but still look good to me. 1024*1024 textures.

Here, have a look:

https://i.imgur.com/IqCthgK.png

https://i.imgur.com/SFYN0yf.jpg

Texture Done in Service Module but still working on Decoupler bumps.

Trying to copy SDHI's umbilical texture to do will be the bump map. I can't understand the last one plug on the umbilical so I typed whatever.

I'm sleepy so that's an update for now.

PS, I also do this because I like to (not a major reason but motivation)

Ahhhhh ok that makes sense. It is beautiful well done and I look forward to it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.