[1.0.4] ScienceAlert 1.8.9: Experiment availability feedback (July 13)

xEvilReeperx

I'm having an issue with ScienceAlert and the Universal Storage science modules. I have multiple mystery goo US wedges, and multiple materials study US wedges, and I have ScienceAlert set to let me know as long as an experiment is not maxed. It works just fine the first time, I click on the buttons and they activate the first mystery goo and materials study wedges, and the buttons stay there, as they should. However, when I click them again to run experiments with the other wedges, it says something about that no more data can be collected. I ended up manually activating the wedges, but even once they've all been used, the ScienceAlert buttons are still there, even though there are no more available experiments.

Hey, thanks for the tip. Though, after messing with it a little bit, I think I like it staying on the main default toolbar at the top of the screen. So, this is just a suggestion, but on the mod's front page you should put some text explaining about right clicking the button for the main options and the options to put it on Blizzy's toolbar, as it was hard for me to figure out because I don't think there was an explanation about how to do this anywhere else.

However, when I click them again to run experiments with the other wedges, it says something about that no more data can be collected.

This is another little bug with DMagic's animation module. I'll let him know. Thanks for the report :)

So, this is just a suggestion, but on the mod's front page you should put some text explaining about right clicking the button for the main options and the options to put it on Blizzy's toolbar

Whoops, I could've sworn I had that info in there somewhere. I may have accidentally deleted it at some point while editing the post for a new release. I'll fix it now.

This might be another DMagic bug, but I'm noticing that I don't get a Science Alert when I'm in space and using DMagic's Orbital Telescope when I go from biome to biome in space. I'm noticing this happening right now around the Mun, but I haven't tested other tools, other bodies, and to be quite frank it might have worked on the first biome and not thereafter.

Yea. Sorry, I know this is a garbage bug report. What can I test to help you?

i'm having this weird problem in witch SA is not loaded in game. i'm not the only one (friend of mine has the same problem) how can we help you in helping us resolve that? what do u need?

Edit.

i'm trying now with the old version

5a0b35a741.jpg

as you can see the poor jebediah is still baffled by the fact that there is nowere to be found the ScienceAlert indicator

no trace of the button with both .3 and .4 versions of SA

Edited by numbersix
adding img

This might be another DMagic bug, but I'm noticing that I don't get a Science Alert when I'm in space and using DMagic's Orbital Telescope when I go from biome to biome in space. I'm noticing this happening right now around the Mun, but I haven't tested other tools, other bodies, and to be quite frank it might have worked on the first biome and not thereafter.

I wasn't able to replicate this. Did you remove the data from the telescope (via eva or transmission)? If not, that might explain this. Are you able to deploy it manually?

i'm having this weird problem in witch SA is not loaded in game.

Any chance you can post your log somewhere? And to be clear, you aren't running a sandbox game correct?

I wasn't able to replicate this. Did you remove the data from the telescope (via eva or transmission)? If not, that might explain this. Are you able to deploy it manually?

I had transmitted the data, and was able to run the experiment manually after.

Now I'm noticing I have issue with EVA reports over the Mun flying low. Which leads me to believe that this might be a conflict with something else I've installed.

Bonus: The science from the new Sounding Rockets does the same, but most other experiments seem to work.

It's possible. Does your log show anything suspicious? Any kind of exception with ScienceAlert in its stack trace would be bad. Also make sure your filter settings aren't preventing alerts; for instance, when you manually deployed did you get max value? If not and your filter is set to "unresearched", that would be another possible explanation

It's possible. Does your log show anything suspicious? Any kind of exception with ScienceAlert in its stack trace would be bad. Also make sure your filter settings aren't preventing alerts; for instance, when you manually deployed did you get max value? If not and your filter is set to "unresearched", that would be another possible explanation

Call me crazy, but do you rely on scansat to report biomes? Like, if I have scansat integration, must I have mapped the biome for the biome related things to have worked?

I'm seeing "Data not found" above the list of available experiments when I check "display biome in experements list".

My normal settings are correct. I think.

Call me crazy, but do you rely on scansat to report biomes? Like, if I have scansat integration, must I have mapped the biome for the biome related things to have worked?

Yep. That's what the option does: instead of just telling you whenever you found science in a new biome (or in the case of the "display biome" option, which biome you're presently in), you need to have mapped that area of the planet to receive any alerts for biome-dependent reports. Reports that aren't biome sensitive aren't affected.

If you have any ideas on improving it, let me know

Yep. That's what the option does: instead of just telling you whenever you found science in a new biome (or in the case of the "display biome" option, which biome you're presently in), you need to have mapped that area of the planet to receive any alerts for biome-dependent reports. Reports that aren't biome sensitive aren't affected.

If you have any ideas on improving it, let me know

Add a line in the OP about what it does.

I *LOVE* that feature.

ok, tried also the first 0.90 nothing, do u have any idea about what is the problem? I don't undestand from the log where the problem is

No, I don't know what the problem is. The log should contain some clues. If you can upload that somewhere so I can take a look, we can track this down

No, I don't know what the problem is. The log should contain some clues. If you can upload that somewhere so I can take a look, we can track this down

#409 in this 3d. Pastebin can't handle the paste so i had to use puu.sh to upload it. http://puu.sh/e1PfN/491c00be5c.log

The more i am without it the more i realize that this mod is essential.

Edited by numbersix

#409 in this 3d. Pastebin can't handle the paste so i had to use puu.sh to upload it. http://puu.sh/e1PfN/491c00be5c.log

Looks like it might be related to Win64 or something bad has happened to your save file. The UpgradeableFacilities ScenarioModule is throwing an exception when it loads which wrecks the remaining ScenarioModule load sequence, preventing ScienceAlert's ProfileManager from ever initializing. ScienceAlert ends up waiting for it indefinitely.

Related section:

[EXC 20:59:27.601] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities.getInitialState (.ConfigNode node)
ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host)
ScenarioRunner+ .MoveNext ()

If this is caused by Win64 then using the 32 bit version should work. I'll add a timeout in the next version so ScienceAlert will stop silently failing when this happens

Thnks, i'll try manually adding the state of the facilities to 0 and try if this fix in the meantime.

edit.

I followed the advise of this tread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/103662-0-90-Career-Buildings-fully-upgraded-in-both-32bit-and-64bit-versions%21 and i resolve it.

I founded already that fix but i prioritized fixing Science Alert. It's related to KK and Kerbinside. Fixed that i toke 2 birds with a stone. I can confirm that it's fixed.

Edited by numbersix

Had this pop up in my log - is it meaningful? Was tracking down bad texture stuff (isolated loader exceptions, or whatever they are) by searching the word "exception" and noticed it. If it's meaningful, I'll see if I can get it to show up again in another log:

ScienceAlert, Creating experiment window

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ScienceAlert.Windows.Implementations.DraggableExperimentList.OnVisibilityChanged (Boolean visible) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) ReeperCommon.Window.WindowDelegate:invoke_void__this___bool (bool)

at ReeperCommon.Window.DraggableWindow.OnEnable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)

UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)

UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()

ScienceAlert.Windows.WindowEventLogic:Awake()

UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)

UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)

UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()

ScienceAlert.<Start>d__0:MoveNext()

(Filename: Line: -1)

ScienceAlert, Creating debug window

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

That's a very strange error. Most likely the experiment list window would be broken if that appeared in your log. I can't imagine how it happened though. If you can find a way to consistently produce it, I'd love to know ;)

Sci-alerts is great. Thanks for it. Have you considered an option for 'perform all' available sci experiments? I haven't played with the options enough to know if it is already integrated.

To be clear, you'd like a "perform all" button in the experiment list?

Well I didn't ask the question first but came here to ask exactly for this.

I'd be delighted to see this feature.

After (installing this mod and) seeing how my Science Archives started filling themselves with science experiments that I did not perform, I did a test. A simple mission to the mun's orbit and back, with the vessel full of science parts. However, I did not perform any experiment with them. Not even EVA reports.

Back to the science archives, the mun archive, wich before the mission was totally empty, looks like this now.

eygwv.jpg

So it looks like the game takes the "science alerts" as experiments performed (automatically?)! Or something like that.

The only real "experiment" that I did was recovering the vessel. That one does have some science value, as you see in the picture.

A great mod, no doubt about that. These features should be in stock KSP, they are so useful.