Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

Okay, I remembered I have one sin to confess. Once during mission I forgot to transfer one Kerbal from lander to mothership and deorbited the lander with him. Later when I realized that, I edited the persistence file to put him to the mothership again because I needed him to continue the mission.

That was the only time ever I edited the persistence file to undo my fault.

On the other hand, many things people mention here feel perfectly right to me. Reverts or quickloads, for instance. And I use infinite fuel routinely to test designs or when replicating a bug; not for "serious" missions, though. I have no problems with parts clipping through each other or with sticking multiple intakes to a plane to make it fly higher. All that's fair game to me.

Edited by Kasuha

Kerbal father, please forgive me for I have sinned:

I once kicked Jeb out of the cockpit during re-entry.

I once strapped Jeb to an SRB and shot him at a 45 degree angle to see how far he would go.

I once built a plane with the sole purpose of slamming it into the tower of the abandoned runway, then did it.

I once left Bill floating in an inclined, oblong orbit reaching almost to Minmus.

I once had bill use his RCS pack to leave Minmus, then he didn't have enough to get back (see previous confession)

I once crashed a ship into an orbiting Bill, which resulted in a slight "poof." (again, see previous confessions.) Thankfully, the ship was fine.

There are many more, but the others were accidents.

I once did a stunt during reentry of a pod,I wanted to get back in just before reentry, but I was too late, my Kerbal flew kilometers away from the pod. Luckily bumping him head first saved him XD

Also I miiiiight have used alt+F12 to cheat fuel sometimes :)

Also recently, I lost my new save where I spent hours launching space station components. I was sad so I started a career save, gave myself a ton of science :), used hyper edit to teleport some modules to the core and tadaa! Only 2 hours instead of 10, I think it was fair since I did the same before and lost my progress due to poor file handling :P

Sent Bill on a suicide mission to save Kerbin from a class-E asteroid. From the reports I have gathered he succeeded. As his supplies drained empty he cast himself out of his cockpit, embraced the asteroid and crashed into Kerbol, the last words of the com-chatter was inaudible but distinctive....

" I am with you, always..."

Edited by TimePeriod

I've never really gotten to play properly and invest enough time in career mode until about half a month before the ARM update.

I've started up many career saves since its introduction, but I just haven't been able to go through with it after the first few missions. I am now though. :D

Playing sandbox, with all the stuffs right there, just doesn't cut it for me any more, and I've had a fairly long KSP hiatus because of this.

When a couple of manned mission (in said career mode) ran of fuel, I raged for a while, and then cheated some fuel back into the craft so I could get the crew back home right away.

As I'm writing this, I do see the error in my ways and the fact that I've missed out on a couple of potentially great rescue missions, but all the times this has happened, I've been like 50-70 units of fuel short of getting back to Kerbin.

However, I'm now just about to attempt to go outside of the Kerbin SOI with manned vessels, and I'm just not going to allow myself to do that again. Guess I should ship over some re-fuel crafts to said target planets in advance. Just in case. :P

Edited by SBaL

I only have 2 launchers: a 2 ring onion and a 6 booster asparagus. if something is too big i add srb, if it is too much overkill i make the transfer stage bigger.

the only spaceplane i have ever landed successfully(one piece) was not intended to land (ejection seat landing system), my landing skills are so bad that i have now consider having only the pod survive a success for SSTO.

i learned the hard way that kirbals cannot manever well while skydiving. I had jeb get out for eva report during reentry at 10km he never caught up to his ship.

i don't like fast forward so i try to schedule missions for all free time while waiting for a transfer window. as such i have only launched one interplanetary mission.(10 ships in orbit waiting for windows which will never come before i forget what they were for).

I, uh, don't play career mode.

I started once, unlocked a bit of science, then immediately went back to Sandbox. I've never used the Science Jr nor the Science Lab for anything other than role-play / aesthetic appearance.

Upcoming sin - I am tired of a rescue mission to Laythe, so instead I'm going to kill all three kerbal so involved (including those waiting in Kerbin's orbit) just so it's all over. The rescue ship is a wreck; the engines overheated, meaning I'd have to do a rescue mission rescue mission, and then continue with the rescue mission. So I've decided to just end it all for everyone involved and forget it ever happened.

On another post (worst crash/bug post) I wrote this Just completed my HUGE Space station (PRSS, Particle Research Space Station) in a 320 KmX321Km orbit (based of the ISS) it has part of of 1120 (approx.) then sent one about half the size to the Mun. then sent one just smaller than the IMSS (Intergalactic Munar Space station) to Minmus (MMFCS, Minmus Mint Food Co. Station) went back to the Space Center to admire my work, then I looked and they were not there, restarted not there.

There were 120 Kerbals on the PRSS, 70 on the IMSS, and 63 on the MMFCS, I have about I have about 250 Kerbals M.I.A I'm dreading the end of the week when I have to write reports, so far I've Sent all the engineers, scientists etc. (everybody who knows about this) to space and put bugs on the communication program. I'll have to take them down so though, otherwise when they do discover it, KSP's rep will go down, if they find out another 500 kerbals have been sent up their against their will, most likely we will be shut down.

Even though I don't really have an issue with people using it, I silently seethe whenever I see MechJeb windows open in a screenshot. Or any screen-stealing mod, really, but MechJeb is definitely the most frequent offender here. Nothing spoils the view from space more than a half-dozen info and autopilot windows covering 2/3rds of it up.

Even though I don't really have an issue with people using it, I silently seethe whenever I see MechJeb windows open in a screenshot. Or any screen-stealing mod, really, but MechJeb is definitely the most frequent offender here. Nothing spoils the view from space more than a half-dozen info and autopilot windows covering 2/3rds of it up.

Hmmm I see more KER cluttering more screen shots, yet that mod gets no hate? Just a thought is all.

My solution:

WW8Yye4.png

With all those displays, I can actually have access to more info than by using HUD overlays. :D

My solution:

(epic cockpit image)

With all those displays, I can actually have access to more info than by using HUD overlays. :D

Can you please post a download link to the cockpit? It's just awesome!

Or at least please tell me how to make cockpit internals :)

And just to fulfill the rules, I'll make another sin:

I've intentionally imprisoned Jebediah on an asteroid. Wanted to give chance to other kerbals too!

Returning from a mission I forgot I had to land 5 Kerbals with a one man lander capsule.

I did try, I put 4 on a ladder for reentry. Despite my best effort, (guy on bottom pushing the others up), all 4 came off and fell screaming to their fiery doom.

Despite playing since 0.13, I've never left Kerbin's SOI with a manned mission.

The only planet I've even sent a probe to is Duna. (But it was a good mission! 2 independent survey probes for Duna and Ike, and a Duna rover!)

I fly all my missions with MechJeb.

I suck at building spaceplanes. I managed an SSTO, but it is an unwieldy behemoth with no actual utility (no docking, no probe delivery, no fuel for orbital maneuvers except deorbit).

I'm a MechJeb user, personally, as I must admit I'm guilty of using it to automate a lot of my launches (as frankly, once I've flown a crew bus/tanker/sat/whatever into orbit once, I have no enjoyment in doing it over and over again, especially when assembling large interplanetary craft).

My solution: *img*

I do something similar with the Mk2 B9 cockpit and RPM, as that gives you 5 screens (and the little green HUD-thingy) to play with.

I use this layout on most of my ships, and it gives me loads of information - easily enough to fly things properly:

[HUD]

....[Orbit][PFD][Resources]

[Cameras]

[Map]

I just wish there was an option to only display certain MechJeb windows in the orbital map mode, as I tend to use things like the warp helper and maneuver node adjustment tools, and I need to call up the windows that I can hide in the cockpit, too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.