Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

I've devloved into editing air-intake part configs to make them more effective. I got so sick of part-clipping a million ram-air scoops that I finally just made a new super air scoop that takes in about 15x more air than a single scoop. It lets me keep pretty looking planes, but still do the air-hogging necessary to get SSTO planes to work.

I can't tell you the number of times I've sent a ship careening into a planet because I mistook the keybinding to zoom (wheel) with the keybinding to zoom in the VAB (shift+wheel).

I used to be real good at setting up maneuver nodes, rendezvous, docking, landing, etc. by hand. But one day I tried out MechJeb (just to help me maintain terminal velocity during launches) and I've now grown to let it do probably 95% of my work. At this point, I may not even know how to set up a clean rendezvous by hand anymore. -_-

To a point I'm really glad MechJeb wastes so much fuel/mono trying to do precise things like docking and landing. Like watching it dock you'd think it was trying to empty the entire mono tank. It forces me to not depend on it for articulate things, and that makes them more rewarding.

I once used RCS as an engine replacement. Ran out of fuel on the way back to Kerbin and held "H" down for quite a while. I had refused to use infinite fuel. If I could figure out a way for a Kerbonaut to push, I would have done that if needed.

To a point I'm really glad MechJeb wastes so much fuel/mono trying to do precise things like docking and landing. Like watching it dock you'd think it was trying to empty the entire mono tank. It forces me to not depend on it for articulate things, and that makes them more rewarding.

Absolutely. I'll quite happily let it fly five of the same mapping satellite into orbit for me (SURF mode in SMARTASS is a godsend with SSTO ascents) but there's no way I let it dock for me. It's painful to watch all the shuffling about (though that can be improved if you start fiddling about with smart translation).

I once used RCS as an engine replacement. Ran out of fuel on the way back to Kerbin and held "H" down for quite a while. I had refused to use infinite fuel. If I could figure out a way for a Kerbonaut to push, I would have done that if needed.

I see nothing wrong with using RCS - there's no way my crew bus would get out of orbit without it once undocked from its booster.

0BtnW0c.jpg

I never plan my fuel levels on big projects

Several kerbals have seen their end forever orbiting the sun...

I still consider more boosters a valid way to fix lifters

Is there another way? :confused:

I can't tell you the number of times I've sent a ship careening into a planet because I mistook the keybinding to zoom (wheel) with the keybinding to zoom in the VAB (shift+wheel).

I deorbited a space station by accident through this... Since then I make sure that all engines are OFF when docking.

Edited by Floppster

I have used the infinite fuel cheat Sometimes the mission must succeed.

If Jeb, Bob or Bill dies on a planet/ moon I will send Jeb, Bob or Bill return ship to land him back where he died and delete the evidence I just can't leave a empty lander as a reminder. I also learned how to do precision landings.

I like to kill the same Kerbal over and over and over again while testing. No, the dead can never rest in peace.

I also will occasionally make suicide missions into the Sun (or a Mun impactor) that are manned.

Edit: I estimate 2000+ Kerbal deaths in my time playing KSP.

I use Hyperedit in my main save, only for refueling ascent stages/interplanetary stages/upper stages.

Also, i once used to use the orbital tools to get planetary encounters, but then i found MechJeb's Hoffman Transfer tool, so that became nonexistent.

I never finish career mode. I always get to the point where im testing duna landers and stuff, but never actually go there. I dunno what it is, i just stop.

Im going to do something to change that though. Something big.

Also, I used hyperedit to test my eve landers. i was really suprised how horribly they performed too.

Edited by quasarrgames

I use MechJeb, and I'm not sorry.

I've used HyperEdit, but only to test landers on Duna and Laythe.

I don't do spaceplanes. At all. My past attempts have been unflyable - whether due to KSP's wonky flight model, touchy joystick controls, or my own ineptitude, I'm not certain.

I've been playing since 0.9 or so, but it wasn't until .21 that I finally left Kerbin's SoI and went to other planets.

In the course of my current mission - driving across a considerable portion of Duna - I have flipped and reloaded countless times. Sometimes, if the rover winds up on its back but is otherwise intact, I use Hack Gravity instead - same result, just slightly faster.

I've made non-functional versions of life-support modules just so I can have the look and feel of such mods without being strictly bound by their requirements. Ditto comm sats.

Edited by Commander Zoom

I don't know how to use MechJeb. Even after reading the manual. All those buttons and options leave me fearful. I'm to paranoid to trust anything to a computer so I fly manually.

Even though I drafted the bulk of KSP Wiki Campaigns while playing my own save, I've not played my save since KSP version .21. My durned spaceplane company idea has distracted me permanently.

I purposefully run a KSP Multiplayer Server so I can try out other people's ideas because I'm too lazy to download them. Poor volunters at SSI... I'm still too lazy to test all the designs submitted - but hey, they all look cool!

I've never played campaign mode.

Edited by inigma

Nothing wrong with this one, that's a legitimite use for RCS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.