Confess your KSP sins

Red Iron Crown

My first attempt to Jool consisted of setting an orbit which touched the planet's and burning without considering where the planet itself was. After waiting through a load of orbits my ship got close enough for me to actual make it to the planet, but it did take a total of 55 YEARS for Jeb to get there...

I've mostly watched Scott Manley videos so I can listen to his lovely voice.

I then get my husband who also has a lovely Scottish accent and who has watched the videos to show me what to do instead.

I find it a far more enjoyable way to learn but it does stop my husband from playing the game himself every waking hour.

Is it just me, or does he sound far more Scottish in his videos as opposed to his livestreaming?

I've mostly watched Scott Manley videos so I can listen to his lovely voice.

I then get my husband who also has a lovely Scottish accent and who has watched the videos to show me what to do instead.

I find it a far more enjoyable way to learn but it does stop my husband from playing the game himself every waking hour.

I was not expecting Lust to make an appearance in a KSP sins thread, well done!

While on the subject of the deadly sins, KSP definitely makes me Envy some of the gaming rigs others have. I would love to be able to run high part count ships and visual improvement mods.

I'm addicted to mods... tons of mods and guess what happens everytime? Yup, crashes, tons of crashes. The last one was after kerbin atmospheric reentry. I pressed "C" to go inside my so beautiful ALCRO cabin and... desktop... Bill, Jeb and Bob are below 20km, chutes are not open... ;.;

I never finished a Jool mission. It's like a curse. Everytime I launch a Jool mission there are:

*Too much crashes due to mods and I cant remove one cause my joolian vessels (I always launched an armada of manned crafted fool I am) used parts of all those mods.

*Corrupted save.

*New patch making all my addons bugging and my vessels collapsing.

*Kraken eating my fleet.

I'm a terribad spaceplane pilot. And I saw there was a bug with B9 landing gear making the planes uncontrolable on take of so I knew why I became the kerbinian worst pilot ever (my "skill" + bug yeaaah :sealed: ). So my SSTO were (since i don't build SSTO anymore) fitted with A LOT of chutes or escape pod :sticktongue:

I have the overengineering syndrom, making simple vessels way more complicated and using too much parts. But I try to make my ships lighter and simpler. That's my main challenge atm "the under 200 parts challenge" for everything. It's hard and I will not be able to withstand when building my next cursed joolian vessels. ATM the first vessel of the fleet is a 300+ parts since it is carrying four science probes and all other will be quite similar.

@Sophistry, well his "explorers" still are "exploders" even on livestream so his accent remains the same whatever the video :sticktongue:

My first attempt to Jool consisted of setting an orbit which touched the planet's and burning without considering where the planet itself was. After waiting through a load of orbits my ship got close enough for me to actual make it to the planet, but it did take a total of 55 YEARS for Jeb to get there...

I did that too before I learned how to plan maneuver nodes. Those were probably the greatest times of my KSP experience, maneuver nodes are for p u s s i e s :D

The sin is that it was 0.5 orbits behind the station.

I quite often launch to RDV with things without checking where exactly the target is in its orbit . . . . exactly the other side of Kerbin is often the answer.

I have sunk more hours into this game than I care to admit . . . and yet I have still not done manned return missions to:

- Moho

- Eve (haven't even considered that one)

- Tylo

- Vall

- Bop

The latter 3 I haven't even sent a single mission too.

I spent a long time playing without any knowledge of maneuver nodes, get in what looks like the right place, burn . . . hope for encounter.

On a mission, this once, maybe, I found my lander had a fuel feed pipe fitted back to front. So... I hyper edited a replacement ship out there (otherwise identical), to replace it... Maybe... You got no proof!

I use MechJeb and love it. There, I said it!

But please Lord, I do try and learn manual stuff as well, am I forgiven?

I found solving "hard" missions can be fixed by throwing more mass at it till the problem goes away. (More engines, more fuel, more SAS). (Eye's his 5000t+ on-pad tanker, sucker doesn't even really fit on the launchpad and it's height in the VAB is higher than the door, I guess they just disassemble the building to get it out).

Edited by SSSPutnik

I have used MJ. More in old versions then the current

I use standard monstrous 100tn to orbit launchers for everything even small probes even though I've made nice 3 stage little ones.

I've left bob as a transfer marker at 1.400mil km Kerbin orbit for over 138yrs and counting.(sent him up very early on in the save)

I um ... have used Alt F12.... more then once.... but only because I hate not finishing things

I've accidentally time warped past a node and sent a kerbal from tylo off into the depths of space.... hes still going some 50+ yrs later... just because I don't want to have a death on my career save...

I spend way to much time on KSP ( My kids think I have kerbals on the brain 24/7)

:wink::wink:

Mmm lots more but thats enough for now

Arrrh feels to to take that weight off :)

I built a huge orbital base over the mun with the intent of cleaning up all the science from all the biomes, but when I realised how long it was going to take to return the science to kerbin after every mission and I gave up, and simply deleted the craft from the space centre,

12 kerbals dies because of my actions, and I didn't even feel ashamed.

My first few saves I used Hyperedit extensively for docking ... couldn't work out how to get things to link up even with Mechjeb helping... I just couldn't do it.

At 23.5 release I deleted my copy of Hyperedit and now have 2 Interplanetary ships (orbital assembly) first stages of a LKO station and an extensive Minmas base built. Still use Mechjeb for node planning, but I do nearly all of the flying.

I've only lost two kerbals in this save... but this is because I frequently use quicksaves and have found I can can exit the progam when something goes horribly wrong with a good chance of it not being recorded yet. The two I lost were due to crashes while "reverting to launch" and while I mourn Archibald and Kenemy ... I didn't notice they'd died when the bug happened and had succeeded in too much since to go back and fix it. Both died testing space-planes.

I use my (mostly) stable by seriously overpowered launcher for just about everything that needs to get to orbit (When lauching my science and habitat modules for my space station I lost the first three stages of it to technical difficulties and still made it to orbit without using the attached tug's fuel.. two of them combined launched my Interplanetary engine core and booster stage (4 Orange tanks, 8 LV N engines, and 1 skipper) and I had to discard the upper stages with more than 7/8th of the fuel still in them because they were docked where my landers needed to go.

And most evil of all my sins (thought techincally in the future) I am seriously considering pulling Jeb from my first (in this save) interplanetary mission (to Moho) so that he can be mission commander for the Duna mission (or Eello / Jool if those missions are ready in time).

Also - I have not actually tested my Moho landers though I sent similar ships to Minmas.

I've found another while flying to Jool:

I am the worst pilot ever known to man. I can't even dock

I use the "Revert Flight" button way too often.

I am too lazy to add RCS to my landers.

Edited by InterCity

* I do single flights, so if something goes horribly, catastrophically, wrong (a lot), I revert. I found that if I use quicksave, I lose the ability to revert especially important since my screwups begin in the VAB. But I get launch experience right?...

* My designs are horribly inefficient+.

* My designs are overbuilt because I'm impatient. Anytime can be a launch window with enough fuel & engines. See previous...

+My 'Munrocket' had a lot of extra fuel, so I used the exact same platform for my first Minmus mission. I still ditched my transfer stage with 500 units of fuel during my landing.

I've sinned too. . I kicked jeb out the door during reentry.

I've stranded several kerbals on gilly.

I've tried to build a warp drive with a modded nuke rocket. It's funny what the physics engine does when you subject a kerbal to 400Gs (that laugh... also another sin)

Yesterday I was building an interplanetary ship that requires 5 launches to lift, assemble and crew. I discovered after 3 launches that I had made a design mistake, but because of the unwieldy nature of the parts, this had taken hours already..

So I downloaded hyperedit.

I have used the cheats on occasion to save me from myself, then guilt takes over and I go back to the last quicksave to retry.

I have yet to play sandbox, for whatever reason though having all the toys, to me the objective is still to gain knowledge/science.

So while frustrated at times, it forces me to redesign and come up with creative ways outside my first sentence to get what I need to move forward.

I killed Bill and Bob in Mun landings... twice. The second time for both happened when trying to rescue Jeb, who has the luckiest bad-luck of any of my astronauts. (Crashed but survived. From now on all my rescue missions will be unmanned.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.