The KSP Forums Space Station Project (Let's build a space station!)

ICrashRockets

The station is complete for now! I have put the save file down below for anybody to download. If you wish to share any extra additions you may place the download link in a post on this thread. Thank you to all the participants who contributed in the KSPFSS!

Hey guys! If you have been around YouTube, you have probably heard of the International YouTube Space Station (The IYSS) started back in early 2013 (

). That project involved selected Youtubers working together to build one big space station. What I want to do is create a project similar, but with you guys. I want the entire community to work together to build a space station!

How this is going to work:

1. Make a post below saying you want to add a module to the station.
  2. You will receive a PM containing the save file. (I will try to send it as soon as I can!)
  3. Build and dock your module to the station.
  4. Take some screenshots.
  5. Save the game and exit.
  6. PM the save file back to me so I can hand it over to the next person. (compress it into a zip file!)
  7. Log your module below. (Include screenshots and an explanation of what your module is and what it does!)

There will be rules, but they will be pretty much the same as the rules the IYSS project was given.

RULES

• USE VANILLA PARTS ONLY!
  • No more than 50 parts! (We don't want too much lag)
  • You may not rearrange, remove or alter any modules that aren't yours.
  • You may not create an already existing module!
  • Be fair! Only one module per turn!
  • When the save file is sent to you, you must have the it sent back to me within 96 hours (4 days) or it will be handed off to somebody else.
  • Your segment has to have a use!
  • There must be at least 1 docking port on your module.
  • Name your module after your KSP forums username. (So I can log it later)
  • Your docking ports must be standard size! (No Clamp-O-Tron Sr. or Jr.)
  • You may not change or mess with any of the save's properties files (Don't go into the save file)
  • Do not use extra large parts! (Such as the Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank) We want enough room for everybody's module!

THE STATION

N1RN0r1.png

33SbOFO.png

Images taken by: CalculusWarrior

ANY QUESTIONS CAN BE ASKED BELOW!

USERS CURRENTLY TAKING PART:

• NecroBones - Module complete!
    -Added escape pods and a 6 way docking port.
  • ZodiaK - Module complete!
    -Added a storage pod. (ZodiaK Industries Cargo/Kilowatts)
  • R0cketC0der - Module complete!
    -Added fuel tank with mun lander.
  • DakotaSikat - Module complete!
    -Added defence system.
  • bobcook - Module complete!
    -Added residency module.
  • regex - Module complete!
    -Added communications shack
  • Highlad - Module complete!
    -Added solar 'slab'
  • CalculusWarrior - Module complete!
    -Added observation module.

Here is the save file to the KSPFSS!

Edited by ICrashRockets

NECROBONES' MODULE

Thanks, NecroBones for adding a couple of lifeboats and a 6-way docking port. Now our Kerbals have a way to escape from any danger that heads towards our station, and we have more ports for more modules!

ybVYVom.png

f1AMdzD.png

7os6Lco.png

Edited by ICrashRockets

For every time you end up crashing the station while trying to dock, escape pods will always come handy for getting the Kerbals home alive.

Download the ship file [modedit: Adfly link removed].

I tested it at a 300 km kerbin orbit, and I managed to land them safely with about 60% of my fuel left.

Edited by technicalfool
Adfly link removed.

For every time you end up crashing the station while trying to dock, escape pods will always come handy for getting the Kerbals home alive.

Download the ship file [modedit: Adfly link removed].

I tested it at a 300 km kerbin orbit, and I managed to land them safely with about 60% of my fuel left.

We already have 2 escape pods, but if you want to be part of the project I can put you on the list of users participating. You will need to build and dock your module to the station when it is your turn to contribute. All the information is on the first post!

Edited by technicalfool
Adfly link removed.

We already have 2 escape pods, but if you want to be part of the project I can put you on the list of users participating. You will need to build and dock your module to the station when it is your turn to contribute. All the information is on the first post!

Hmm ok. Maybe on the main thread you should put a list of what is already added and what the station still needs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.