[0.23.5]Stockalike Aeronautics (2.0) New Engine, FX fix

blackheart612

BU8dlve.png

I've seen a whole lot of rocket parts that are very epic for a while now, and I see some lacking on stockalike parts so here's my try on it.

This pack contains:

Radial Engine

Dual Nozzle Engine

Quad Nozzle Engine

VDiOOpy.png

Please, if you like it and you want to support the development, donate some feedback or support, it gives me energy to go on :)

The smokescreen effects are now optional, you can now install them separately if you want.

DOWNLOAD:

Dropbox

Coming soon:

Sound Effects

Moar Engines

Better nosecones

Moar Shenanigans

License:

88x31.png

Edited by blackheart612

Installation:

Drop the GameData on the root folder.

Changelog:

1.0 - Initial Release

1.1 - Added optional effects, now uses stock effects

Made LV-T180 less shiny

Fixed the stats of LV-3R being very bad

2.0 - Fixed the FX being fireworks

Added Rockomax "S-Quad" Liquid Fuel Engine (Four Nozzles)

Edited by blackheart612

Quad Engine, SPS, 1m Engines too. I want to add variety to SP engines but keeping the stockalike theme with this. Reason why I have separate mods because they have different themes. I might add some fuel tanks too. Parts that I can think of. And if I can, make it so that they match with my other mods. Oh, expanding 3m too.

Quad Engine, SPS, 1m Engines too. I want to add variety to SP engines but keeping the stockalike theme with this. Reason why I have separate mods because they have different themes. I might add some fuel tanks too. Parts that I can think of. And if I can, make it so that they match with my other mods. Oh, expanding 3m too.

That sounds amazing! I'm going to be following this mod closely. :)

The models are neat and the texture work is great (as always) but I think your radial engine deserve a buff, all the stats are the same compared to the Rockomax 24-77 except the mass (yours is heavier) so right now there is little to no reason to use the LV3-R over the stock engine (or I have simply missed something). Also I'm not a huge fan of the behavior of the exhaust effect (it makes for nice fireworks though) :

9FFrHHP.jpg

Ah, and do you plan on making a KW-like version of this mod ? Because I love what you've done with the stock engines and it'd be nice to have these fit with the stock retextures of yours.

Edited by Percebob

The models are neat and the texture work is great (as always) but I think your radial engine deserve a buff, all the stats are the same compared to the Rockomax 24-77 except the mass (yours is heavier) so right now there is little to no reason to use the LV3-R over the stock engine (or I have simply missed something). Also I'm not a huge fan of the behavior of the exhaust effect (it makes for nice fireworks though) :

http://i.imgur.com/9FFrHHP.jpg

Ah, and do you plan on making a KW-like version of this mod ? Because I love what you've done with the stock engines and it'd be nice to have these fit with the stock retextures of yours.

lol damn I forgot to bump that up. :P At least it looks cool.

Anyways, regarading re-textures, I'm not quite sure, I'll be honest and say I have my hands full at the moment.

Very shiny, but what are the specs? Looking at the images, I can't tell what niche these engines are meant to fill other than looking nice.

The radial engine will get a higher thrust. It's easy to overheat and I will make it a little inefficient.

LV-T180 is the midway between skipper and mainsail, 1k thrust with a more balanced ISP for both vac and asl. If ya'll guys need an engine stat made, tell me and I might put it in one of my engines.

All the textures look right and we really need more large radial engines.

There is one area I think the stock parts need are payload fairings and fairings between stages when you use a 1.25 m engine on 2.5 m tank.

One of the issues I have with career mode is that it forces you to make ugly rockets, in part because there aren't any stock fairings.

theres something not right here dont know if the update fix's this though cant test till tomorrow http://i.imgur.com/JLDnhop.png

Try adding fixedEmissions = false to the exhaust config for that part (probably under the powerflame section)

Sorry I'm stuck at work, if I was at home I could check this myself and be more specific with the details

Very nice work! I think we need a radial engine for space use. Also a more powerful 1.25 meter engine for when LV-T30s won't cut it.

Already planned :)

Try adding fixedEmissions = false to the exhaust config for that part (probably under the powerflame section)

Sorry I'm stuck at work, if I was at home I could check this myself and be more specific with the details

That's what it's for?

Yeah it's under powerflame.

That's what it's for?

Yeah it's under powerflame.

It's something to do with the way the particles are spawned, or perhaps propelled relative to world space (if that's even the correct term), do they move relative to the ship or space, or something like that?

Sorry I remembered reading about a similar issue with HotRockets a while ago and the fix for the strange exhaust behavior was related to this setting

[Edit] Relevant comment from the HotRockets! thread

Cheers for making this mod chaps, Makes the effects Much nicer on most rocket engines, and fills the nozzles with effect rather than having an effect a meter or so away from the end of the nozzle, and the nozzle empty :cool:

However the Effects for the Closed cycle part of the Larger Sabre-M Engine seemed to be broken.....

screenshot0_zpsf2944e8b.png

screenshot2_zps38f83cb6.png

I noticed that the Smaller Sabre-S was not affected by the Issue, and noticed that the Sabre-S had The extra Line fixedEmissions = false in it's running_closed section that the Sabre-M did not have in It's version of the "running_closed" section

So I added in the fixedEmissions = false line in, and it Fixed the issue :-)

screenshot4_zpsa47c7079.png

Link to changed file to fix the Sabre-M: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85344120/b9_hotrockets.cfg

(Right Click and save link as, or Brower tends to open the file in-Browser)

Which seemed to be the same graphical issue

Edited by NoMrBond

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.