[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

huntermaster: It sounds like our problems may be related.  Are you missing the Merlin 1D+ engines (both 1st and 2nd stage versions) and the F9 fairing?  I know all engines are missing for me, and I think it may be the same for all fairings, but F9 FT is what I'm trying to load for testing purposes, and those are the three that it says are missing.

1 hour ago, cgwhite4 said:

huntermaster: It sounds like our problems may be related.  Are you missing the Merlin 1D+ engines (both 1st and 2nd stage versions) and the F9 fairing?  I know all engines are missing for me, and I think it may be the same for all fairings, but F9 FT is what I'm trying to load for testing purposes, and those are the three that it says are missing.

@huntermasterThen you didn‘t install it correctly. The installation should look like this „KSP main folder/GameData/Launchers Pack“ and then inside „Rockets/SpaceX“ and then it will work.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

I just replaced the Launchers Pack folder again from a fresh download.  The path you specified is there, and there are a lot of parts present, but I also see some subfolders, one of which is "m1d".  Among the files in this folder are "M1D+.cfg" and "M1DV+.cfg", which correspond to the names of parts indicated as missing with the game.  There are also 4 falcon 1 related subfolders, a kestrel subfolder, one for the landing legs, an m1c subfolder, and one for payload fairing textures (the fairing also appears to be missing).

58 minutes ago, MrPacmanCo said:

hi everyone, i tried to make a RO/RSS config file so i used the real technical characteristic and the result is very bad and not realistic,   can anyone explain why ?

(i play ksp with RSS but without RO)

(sorry for English mistake)

Well I guess because you don‘t use RO huh. :P

15 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Well I guess because you don‘t use RO huh. :P

i thought that RO add just some realistic effect and some little modification like the fall of the parachute or the air penetration... and when i was using RO the fuel in the tank was even weaker. so what RO add ?

1 hour ago, MrPacmanCo said:

hi everyone, i tried to make a RO/RSS config file so i used the real technical characteristic and the result is very bad and not realistic,   can anyone explain why ?

(i play ksp with RSS but without RO)

(sorry for English mistake)

You CAN make your own configs if you know what you're doing but can be rather time-consuming. You usually end up finding yourself messing with configs more than actually playing the game with those configs. If you want to just play with fairly realistic configs, just get RO.

I'm somewhat masochistic and do make my own configs, mainly because I'm not the biggest fan of how RO does things and enjoy doing the research to figure out how the different rockets work.

2 minutes ago, MrPacmanCo said:

i thought that RO add just some realistic effect and some little modification like the fall of the parachute or the air penetration... and when i was using RO the fuel in the tank was even weaker. so what RO add ?

Think you're thinking of RSS Visual Enhancements. RO, or Realism Overhaul has fairly realistic configs made by the community. Some are engine and fuel tank related, others are life support related, maybe even some are visual-related.

i was makes a config for rss and it worked very well but i tried to synchronize a SpaceX launch with KSP launch (of "tess" you can found my mod here https://spacedock.info/mod/1836/TESS Satellite ) and the result was very different (the spacex launch was 2 time more speed) so i tried to edit my own config and when i set the merlin engine + to 2880 KN i started to ask me questions ...

(i can see you config )

8 minutes ago, MrPacmanCo said:

i was makes a config for rss and it worked very well but i tried to synchronize a SpaceX launch with KSP launch (of "tess" you can found my mod here https://spacedock.info/mod/1836/TESS Satellite ) and the result was very different (the spacex launch was 2 time more speed) so i tried to edit my own config and when i set the merlin engine + to 2880 KN i started to ask me questions ...

(i can see you config )

Little hard to understand what exactly you’re trying to do... there are many factors that change the speed of a rocket; amount of fuel which changes both burn time and wet mass, engine power and ISP, empty weight of the rocket, payload mass, even flight profile. 

Without more info, its really hard to say what exactly your issue is and to be honest, this isn’t a RSS/RO thread so this really isn’t the place to discuss troubleshooting. Would highly recommend trying RO and then seeing if your issue is fixed. 

21 minutes ago, MrPacmanCo said:

https://youtu.be/Iynk1xrsztI  see the evolution of speed and altitude (2880KN x 9)

You’re staging way too early. The TESS mission didn’t have MECO until 2:29 and stage sep at 2:32. You also can see that the Falcon 9 throttles down during Max-Q which I found to be very important for the higher thrust versions of the Falcon 9. KSP will power through it but you will probably have some drag losses and not be able to burn nearly as long. I also tend to throttle down when approaching MECO to stay under 3 to 5 Gs. You most likely need to change your fuel load to more appropriately match correct burn times.

http://spaceflight101.com/tess/flight-profile/

Flight profiles are very important IRL as margins are much smaller than in stock KSP. Also, don’t be confusing meters a second for kilometers per hour. KSP shows your speed in m/s and the webcast shows it in km/h. 

Edited by ReventonHawx

1 hour ago, M3Man03 said:

I can't seem to use the Falcon Heavy separator.  It doesn't hold on launch and always blows up on the pad.  Heard of this before?

The separater (decoupler ;)) should not be causing that problem, do you mean the Pad or clamps?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.