[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Got an updated NK-12 config with reduced heat production (no glowy engines at full power!) and actual in-flight audio of a Tu-95MS for the main engine sound. Startup and shutdown are from KAX until I can find a proper set of audio for those.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/7xgnnkkoatli8u9/NK-12M%20upgrade%20package.zip?dl=0

I think your config lacks these lines in the MODEL{}:

texture = Mk3Fuselage , Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/Mk3Fuselage

texture = Size3AdvancedEngineDiffuse , Squad/Parts/Engine/Size3AdvancedEngine/Size3AdvancedEngineDiffuse

and the result is a completely black part.

Huh. I have no issues with it. I'll take a look again.

EDIT: Yes, it is missing those lines. Then why is mine just fine? All I changed was the description, the lines referencing sound, and the heat production factor. All the other lies are unchanged.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

Huh. I have no issues with it. I'll take a look again.

EDIT: Yes, it is missing those lines. Then why is mine just fine? All I changed was the description, the lines referencing sound, and the heat production factor. All the other lies are unchanged.

Were you fiddling with the part in a directory where you had moved the corresponding textures or something? Dunno. When I put those lines in though, works well!

Sorry to just jump in here, but nothing happened to KSC when I downloaded Kerbal Konstructs and KSC ++.

Should I just start a new thread or something in support, or talk about it here?

This is one of the installation sequences which should work without a hitch - first, I'd like to check if you placed the mod files in the gamedata directory correctly. If they are, then KSC++ should magically appear and make things on the space center screen look approximately 250% more pretty.

Oh and I'd like to share that I'm finding KSC++ to be absolutely fantastic driving terrain, and featured it as such in this tiny cinematic here.

Some things for next patch (thanks to the wonderful effects of jetlag):

New prop blur (actually 3D as well, having spent the last week or so seeing seaplanes pretty much everyday and what props actually look like in motion), tweaks to engines (spin-up, temp generation), new sound for NK-12M (if that's alright by MaverickSawyer, I've edited it to loop properly as well), fixes to cfgs (the whole ')' instead of '}' thing), and making the wings work properly with FAR.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

New WIP 1.25m cockpit.

bEOw1Sh.png

Will answer other responses later.

I'm having some weird stuff going on with some parts and FAR. Mainly the 2.5m cargo bay.

I guess, pictures say more than words:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...49045062868065

I don't know if it's FAR or something with the mesh of the bay. I'll post it here too, just in case.

The texture is off too, but that could be something with ATM.

And the attach nodes behave weird. Sometimes I can connect something, sometimes not. Rotating the parts seems to help with this in some occasions.

Yeah, that seems the case. An answer from the dev of FAR:

That likely needs to be fixed on their end; probably what's happening is that the bay doesn't actually include colliders that close, completely / at all, and that screws up the voxelization. In that case, nothing I can do unless we're gonna bite the bullet and make voxelizing that a lot more expensive to use the mesh itself. I would much rather have the colliders fixed to keep it efficient, but I can't fix someone else's assets.

Yep, checked in Unity, that's the problem. Closing the collider meshes wasn't really a consideration for me prior to voxel-FAR. Though in fairness, I didn't actually know about this until now. It was just a lazy way to generate a collider for a complex model, select a few faces, duplicate and separate, click convex in Unity. A poor show on my behalf.

There's probably a lot of models that need fixing then, can't find the blender file for that one either. Tbf, when 1.1 rolls around I'm probably going to do a large tidy-up; there's a lot of legacy parts that need removing and parts that won't be required with Porkjet's new work (looking at you Mk3 Cargo bay and .625m jet parts), plus models that need re-doing properly.

@Gaiiden,

Yeah, it's a nice way to pass the time. Almost got a sea-plane back from Victoria, but they'd just sold out of the cheap fares when I got down to the terminal.

Edited by Lack

Lack, here's my first spaceplane with your Mk3 cargo ramp:

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q737/raptor_9000/Placeholder%20Photos/X-21atnight_zps7dc5e8ac.png

Doesn't quite have enough rocket fuel to get beyond suborbital around Kerbin, but it works nicely around Laythe which is what I designed it for...it takes off and lands vertically so it can support surface ops on any Laythe island that has a spot level enough to land on.

Thanks again Lack :)

Could you please submit craft file ? Nicely please .

By all means. I just wanted it to have that scary growl in my install and decided to share.

Thanks.

@DocMop,

No problem

@ ElektronikCZ,

I wouldn't get too attached to the Mk3 ramp as it is, I'm probably going to scrap it once 1.1 comes out (Porkjet's is so much better, I'll might replace it with a nose-loader style design). In the mean time, you could scale the model in the config and stretch it out.

Go to GameData/SXT/Parts/Mk3/Ramp/loadingramp.cfg, open it in notepad (or notepad++ if you've got it).

Add the 'scale =' line into the MODEL{} so it looks like this and multiply the second values in the node_attach bit by 1.5 so it looks like this

MODEL
{
model = SXT/Parts/Mk3/Ramp/model
[B] scale = 1 , 1.5 , 1[/B]
}

scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top2 = 0.0, [B]4.593285[/B], -0.625, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom2 = 0.0, [B]-2.25[/B], 0.0, 0, 1, 0, 3
node_stack_top = 0.0, [B]4.593285[/B], -0.625, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, [B]-2.25[/B], 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 3

ckEWLaq.png

--

In the mean time, I'm a terrible person and made a flying version of the Chernobyl incident.

Whether or not this will actually be released is another matter, I've changed something and it now summons the kraken on loading (even when reverting to an older version). Too hot to handle, I guess.

Edit: Kraken banished. Anyone have any idea's about the atmCurve for nuclear ram-jets? My velCurve (while incredibly simple) should be a reasonable approximation.

Edited by Lack

any Ingame shots of the New 1.25 cockpit you posted ?

Heh, I only made it the other day, I haven't even put materials on it in Unity. I still need to sketch out an IVA to make sure the proportions are at least reasonable (though an IVA would be for much later, I haven't even got one for the new Bonny cockpit). Having too much fun messing around with this, plus I'm back at work this week (working on a bank holiday Monday, not so fun, though I only had a few odd jobs to do today so it didn't take too long).

Edit: Well, I've done it again. The whole .dds's being flipped keeps tricking me, now I have to flip all of the UV maps.

Edit 2: And in-game

(I'm absolutely terrible at designing pullers in FAR, other than a cargo one with 4 NK-12Ms the Turbo Otter is the only one I've gotten to fly. Unless there's something wrong with the meshes for the aero-calculations).

Closer look at the Pt-6: http://i.imgur.com/6fAE7wq.png The centre one is just offset into the adaptor.

Edited by Lack

Very nice! :)

Part of the issue may be mass? KSP fuselage parts are far heavier than real life, and FAR defaults wing mass to "strong but heavy" too. Try lightening the parts, and right-click on all aero surfaces and turn the slider down to 0.2 or below.

Oh, another for the list of things that need updated colliders, the AJ10 appears to have a very large cylinder as its collider (far larger than the engine itself)...

- - - Updated - - -

And another collider that needs to be made solid: the Bonanza cockpit.

Very nice! :)

Part of the issue may be mass? KSP fuselage parts are far heavier than real life, and FAR defaults wing mass to "strong but heavy" too. Try lightening the parts, and right-click on all aero surfaces and turn the slider down to 0.2 or below.

Oh, another for the list of things that need updated colliders, the AJ10 appears to have a very large cylinder as its collider (far larger than the engine itself)...

- - - Updated - - -

And another collider that needs to be made solid: the Bonanza cockpit.

Ah, I haven't really tried below 0.4 for strength.

Thanks. The Bonanza one should be fixed with the new model for the cockpit. I should probably put an experimental branch up on github.

how's the hollow 3.75m-Mk3 adapter cargo-hold segment coming along? Another thing that might be useful is a version of that radial fuselage segment of the type used for 3.75m segments attached behind your current nose ramp segment, but with a science-lab inside